PDA

View Full Version : Leave park mid day and return later?

poohlover
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
What happens if you want to leave the park for a break and then return later in the day? Do they stamp your hand or do something to your pass or ?? If they stamp your hand, will it hold up if you go for a swim at your hotel pool?

Thank you!

DangerMouse
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
What happens if you want to leave the park for a break and then return later in the day? Do they stamp your hand or do something to your pass or ?? If they stamp your hand, will it hold up if you go for a swim at your hotel pool?

Thank you!

They do stamp your hand and you must show your hand stamp and your ticket media upon re-entry.

The stamp is pretty much waterproof (it glows in the dark), so don't worry about washing it off.

tod
10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
If they stamp your hand, will it hold up if you go for a swim at your hotel pool?

The stamp comes off easily with rubbing alcohol. Keep away from that and you ought to do just fine.

--t

Opus1guy
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
The stamp comes off easily with rubbing alcohol. Keep away from that and you ought to do just fine.

How about rum?

;)

hlbtimes2
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
How about rum?

;)

We think a like Opus. :p Although I dont normally put my hand in to my drink.

Opus1guy
10-06-2005, 05:37 PM

I was more worried about accidental spillage. After a few, that has been known to happen. :)

annieb727
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
well, if you've had that much to drink, maybe the evening would be better spent at your hotel LOL

tinksmom
10-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I was more worried about accidental spillage. After a few, that has been known to happen. :)

I worry more about accidental droolage, myself.

Opus1guy
10-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I worry more about accidental droolage, myself.

Good point. Will that wash-off the handstamp?

sleepyjeff
10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Leave park mid day and return later............to find it full of APs;)

Crazy4DL
10-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Leave park mid day and return later............to find it full of APs;)

. . . . who are drooling at the mouth and have the distinct oder of run on their breath . . . :p ;)

DianeM
10-07-2005, 10:42 AM
We've usually left the park for an afternoon swim. The hand stamp fades a bit, but as long as they can see a trace of it they'll let you back in. We've never had any trouble.

Thank you!

Osky
10-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Good point. Will that wash-off the handstamp?

Well, if you are drinking rum next to the pool, and drooling at some of the "scenery", then that drool probably contains some alcohol, and is a definite possibility... ;)

passthepixiedust
10-07-2005, 11:00 AM
The handstamp is pretty durable. You also need to show your ticket again to get back in.

ima_mickeyfan
10-07-2005, 11:17 AM

depends on how many drinks for me!! lol
I would have loved to find myself hanging out at the lost bar, one night while on vacation, but just could'nt bring myself to leave kids with dh and go alone.

sbnuggie
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Kinda back on topic for a quick second:

If you use hand sanatizing gel which contains a high concentration of rubbing alcohol, that will wash the hand stamp off. I learned the hard way. However, I had an AP so it wasn't a big deal when we went to return. Just FYI.

Now back to the drinking by the pool and drooling stories. Lets get some pictures up, oh wait, this is a family site................................

Osky
10-07-2005, 12:32 PM
If you use hand sanatizing gel which contains a high concentration of rubbing alcohol, that will wash the hand stamp off. I learned the hard way. However, I had an AP so it wasn't a big deal when we went to return. Just FYI.

I've always been told that AP holders do not need a hand stamp, and I have never received one. I just walk right out, and they don't check on the way back in.

sbnuggie
10-07-2005, 12:37 PM
This was the first year we had an AP and on our way out we got our hand stamped, just natural reaction when you exit you know. When I handed them my AP and ran my hand under the light that is when they told me I didn't need a hand stamp. I stopped at the light because I noted that my handstamp was gone. The Castmember told me about how the handsanitizer's will wash off the stamp if you use it a lot. I don't really remember how many times I used it, maybe 3 or 4 times, we had our newborn twins then so I was paranoid about germs back then.

Opus1guy
10-07-2005, 02:56 PM
I stopped at the light because I noted that my handstamp was gone. The Castmember told me about how the handsanitizer's will wash off the stamp if you use it a lot. I don't really remember how many times I used it, maybe 3 or 4 times, we had our newborn twins then so I was paranoid about germs back then.

The instant they stamp your hand and while the ink is still wet, smack the back of your hand against your forehead. This way if the stamp washes off your hand, just bend down and place your entire noggin under the blacklight for that special "backup" stamp!

;)

tinksmom
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
The instant they stamp your hand and while the ink is still wet, smack the back of your hand against your forehead. This way if the stamp washes off your hand, just bend down and place your entire noggin under the blacklight for that special "backup" stamp!

;)

This might be helpful for finding lost children, as well--parents can just scan a black light over the crowd!