PDA

View Full Version : "Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!"

going2disneyAZ
10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Going to DLR for Thanksgiving weekend. My 2 yo son is crazy about the playhouse disney shows. soooo I want to make sure we see the stage show at DCA. Can anyone help me with estimating how early we should line up for seats?

Rteneyck
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
we just got back and there wasn't any line at all. In fact they were standing outside telling everyone that there was still room. I am not sure about a holiday weekend though, that might be a lot busier. When it first came a few years back we got in line about 45 minutes prior to showtime.

nvmom
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
We saw it last Mar and it re-opened after a break one of our last days there. We waited in line about 40 min?- if memory serves, but we were right at the front of the line. Cute, cute show. Our then 2.5 yr old loved it.

nvmom

MouseFaninQueue
10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
My 3 year old daughter is a Bear in the Big Blue House HUGE fan. One of her first stuff toys was Bear. She had tonnes of Bear clothing. She even had a Bear in the Big Blue House birthday party at the age of 1.

So of course Disney Playhouse was a major stopping point for us. We went a few times to the show. We never had more than a 15 minute wait. And that was back in May. And even with that wait I thought there was still lots of room. The room itself is pretty big and is just a sit on the floor type show. IF you want to be comfortable there are benches around th esides and at the back to sit on but the kids are the best when they are just sitting on the floor. Well sitting isn't quite right - they usually don't stay seated for very long ... :D

As for the show.... My daughter was hilarious as she was just in awe when Bear came out. The look on her face was simply worth the expense of the entire trip.

Pirate Princess
10-06-2005, 10:21 PM
My input: GET THERE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
Reason: My son, being in the front, got chosen to help out Stanley!!! (I guess him being completely adorable doesn't hurt too!.. I know, I know.. such a mom.)

TTFN92
10-06-2005, 11:00 PM
We went for Spring Break and we ended up walking up when they were letting people in, so we had no wait. It was perfect timing because it had just started raining again. Just be prepared to sit on the floor. My sister told me when we were on our way, but DH didn't know and was not thrilled. By the end of the show my legs were asleep and hurt with pins and needles. It is definitely not made for adults. It is definitely a cute show and my boys loved it! Have fun!

lbrackjo
10-07-2005, 08:21 AM
The arrangement inside is just a carpeted floor that slopes up from front to back. sS people just sit on the floor. The room is good sized and holds more than usually the amount in line. so if it is early in the week and crowds aren't too bad you should be able to walk right in before the show starts. In the line area there are TV monitors showing Disney Channel highlights.

carolyn
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I personally don't recommend being too close to the front of the line. You will most likely have to sit in the very front off to the side. You can actually see backstage and it's hard to get the big picture.

I think the best seats are in the middle section, 10 or so rows back on the aisle. This gives you a great view of the show and being on the aisle makes your child more available to be chosen to help Stanley (if your child would like that, if not the aisle seat is not necessary).

It's a really cute show. When my son was in preschool we saw the show once a week.