PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen for lunch? Worth it?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-06-2005, 07:58 AM
We did Ariel's last year and were thinking of trying Goofy's on our next trip. Is it worth the money? My kids are 2 an 4, my 2yo eats nothing. TIA!

HILNDKID
10-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Never did lunch there, too busy at the parks. We did breafast there and our kids (8 and 2) thought it was the best. It is expensive but well worth it, the kids are in hawg heaven when they are there!

Wendi
10-06-2005, 08:55 AM
The good part is that you won't have to pay for Brady but he'll still get a plate since he's only 2. I'm curious to know about lunch offerings and when is a prime time to go!!!

pisces
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Do they have lunch? I thought it's only breakfast/brunch---which goes till 1-2:00 pm.....and then dinner at 5:00 PM.

I haven't heard of anything in between those two meals.

hlbtimes2
10-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I think brunch at 12-2 in the afternoon could easily be called "lunch".

kohl
10-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I think they searve the same things at lunch as breakfast. My kids are 7 and 9 now and we all think it is worth it. Don't have a big breakfast because there is soooooo much food!

MouseFaninQueue
10-06-2005, 07:18 PM
We went for Breakfast at Goofy's kitchen with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. It was a blast. And even for breakfast they had enough food that I would consider "lunch" food which looked great.

As my 3 yr old said - it's never too early for Pizza at Disneyland dad ...

As Goofy's kitchen was the first real "Disney" interaction we did for our trip in May to Disneyland - it was absolutely perfect. It was a nice calm setting for my "shy-to-say-the-least" daughter to get used to the characters.

Expensive but well worth it!!!

tinksmom
10-06-2005, 08:14 PM
[QUOTEAs my 3 yr old said - it's never too early for Pizza at Disneyland dad ...[/QUOTE]

How totally cute!

Pirate Princess
10-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Trust me, your child who eats nothing will eat a LOT there. Why? Junk-food galore. That's not to say there isn't healthy fare, but there is an amazing selection of desserts... all of which are appealing to kids (brightly colored, fun looking and character shaped.) If you are really health conscious and have kids that don't feel the same, don't take your kids here or you will spend the whole meal saying "no!"
I have a rule on vacation: Eat whatever.
We obviously don't vacation that much, so I don't see it as a problem.
It's all Trader Joe's organic when we get back to get some balance.
My recommendation: Make sure they get some protein so that they stay full and you can justify spending all that cash on desserts. They have many kid-friendly foods like PB&J pizza that even picky eaters will enjoy.
Also, if you are AAA you get a discount (10% I think). They only charge for ages 3+
We went there on a SLOW weekday so the characters sat with my son forever. Aladdin hung out with my son and drew pictures with him for 15+ minutes. Just be prepared to get up and Macarana every 20 or so minutes (the kids love it!! And great photo ops)
My review: Loved it!
My son: Really Loved it!

kohl
10-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I have a rule on vacation: Eat whatever.

That is so true. On our last trip my kids ate so much junk, then when we got home I asked my son what he wanted for dinner. All he wanted was an apple!

Pat-n-Eil
10-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I always thought Goofy's Kitched was only open for Breakfast/Brunch.. I don't know why, but color me surprised.

When were were there this year for breakfast, we commented on how many non-traditional breakfast items they had there. Pastas, desserts, PB&J Pizza, etc.

Is the fare different at dininer time?
Is there a ham/turkey/prime rib type of carving station in place of the omelette station?

I had never considered Goofy's for dinner before, but I like a buffet.. so maybe it should go on my list... After our experiences with Storytellers Cafe last time, we are looking for alternatives.

10-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Is it worth the money? My kids are 2 an 4, my 2yo eats nothing.

Depends what you want from it.

You can always get character interaction in the park itself.

ima_mickeyfan
10-07-2005, 11:13 AM
when we went ate there it was 4 adults and 4 children...my 9 yr old only ate Salad...out of all the choices! Salad! ohwell...I think goofy's kitchen is so worth it! how many other places can you go and have 2nd on prime rib? the only bummer was that they were out of buttons!! going on 2 weeks said the CM with out them....the character interaction that we had was so worth the price for everyone.. We had an early sitting like at 515 and practically had all the characters to our selves, some hung around for so longggggg.....no one ate due to all the playing!:)
but I am so not complaining!

raych30
10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
My family and I had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen Wed night. What a fantastic experience this was! The dinner is a little more expensive, but it was so totally worth it. (Awesome Prime Rib and Chipoltle Mashed Potatoes) The characters spent a lot of time with my kids, it made it very special for them. Pluto played hide and seek with them for 15 minutes, he was so cute.
We will defiantly do this again.

Cheers,
Rachel

Minnie66
10-07-2005, 05:56 PM
The wonderful thing about Goofy's is the ease of your children getting to spend time with the characters. We have done both and prefer dinner, mostly because we are early risers and head straight for the park but come back during the hot part of the day. We like to go have dinner just before heading back over for the parades. They do have prime rib, and chicken -- pretty stand buffett style offerings and then some of the special things like they do at breakfast, like the PB&J pizza. We usually go towards the end of our trip and find it nice to just have "normal" food for the night. Not so much of the burger or fast food type.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I wasn't really meaning they had to have "lunch food" persay. Just that we would be going around that time. We are not big breakfast people and that is our meal we will have in the room or at Denny's.
My kids both, thankfully, LOVE the characters. Neither are affraid of any of them, I feel lucky. So I thought this would be a great experience for them. Last year this time, November, we enjoyed Ariel's but my 4yo was sick and he wasn't in to it much. Thankfully our whole house has been sick for 2 weeks now, so I am hoping it is out of our system.
Thanks for the reviews.
Wendi, you wanna reserve it for Weds?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I booked for 5pm because they are only open until 11:30 on Weds. Should I book it for 10:30. She said it is brunch but there is more breakfast food. I am thinking, since I prefer more "dinner" foods, to keep it at 5pm. Plus our plan was for one big meal a day, so that would be it. What are the prices?