PDA

View Full Version : Starting Monday 10/10, Disneyland will open at 9 AM on weekdays

Darkbeer
10-06-2005, 07:58 AM
The schedule has been updated at Disneyland.com....

Early Entry will be at 8 AM on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

DCA's hours will remain 10 to 6 PM.

This will be true for at least the next month, and could be extended......

Leap for Joy
10-06-2005, 08:09 AM
What about early entry on Saturday? Please tell me it's not gone!

Darkbeer
10-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Early Entry is still offered on Saturdays, and will be offered at 7 AM as normally scheduled.

I just posted the days the time has been changed (Now at 8 AM, instead of 9 PM).

Sorry for the confusion.

Leap for Joy
10-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Yay! Thanks Darkbeer!

Mac_gurl
10-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the info Darkbeer! That one extra hour will be very nice, as I will be only at the park for 3 days!! :)

hlbtimes2
10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
That gives us an extra hour our last day there. Its a Monday, and we'll only be at the park until about 1:30 so the extra hour will really help!

TheDonald
10-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info Darkbeer! That one extra hour will be very nice, as I will be only at the park for 3 days!! :)

Dittos - We'll be there Tues, Wed, Fri next week and the extra hours will be nice. Too bad they aren't adding any extra entertainment BUT I'm not complainin' - I'M GOIN' TO DISNEYLAND!

lauramaynot
10-06-2005, 11:28 AM

Hey darkbeer I appreciate your post so much full of great information.
Anyway I was wondering...is this because of larger off-season crowds?

Darkbeer
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey darkbeer I appreciate your post so much full of great information.
Anyway I was wondering...is this because of larger off-season crowds?

Yes, that is the exact reason.

Biscuit
10-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Hooray! :)

Hmm, busier than expected while we're there? Ah well, that's what having an entire week to take it easy is for!

TP2000
10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
A Cast Member poster on another message board posted this schedule change yesterday. He/she said that it was the busiest autumn anyone could ever remember at Disneyland, even the weekdays. Thus Disneyland had to extend Park operating hours on weekdays in October/November.

Micmousetoo
10-06-2005, 02:36 PM
I hope they keep the additional weekday hours in the first few weeks of December before the holiday hours kick in. I'm thinking DL is going to be busy the entire month of December. We went to DL the week before Memorial Day and they did not extend any hours and the crowds were unbelievable. It was like they did all this advertising about the big 50 and then they were totally unprepared for the crowds. It was off season and they did not budge regardless of attendance.

One of the longest lines we stood in was to get through security and then again to get into DL. The DCA line was never that bad. They had also sold out of so much of the Disney 50th stuff. On one night after the fireworks the entire park was hearded down mainstreet and all the stores were closed so there was no place for any crowd dispersal and if you were already on Mainstreet due to watching the the fireworkds you could not disperse back into other areas of the park. It was really claustrophobic. We all felt like cattle. It was a good thing it was a Disney crowd... everyone seemed on their best behavior!:)

wenderella
10-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Who exactly qualifies for Early Entry? Is it DLR Hotel guests?

Chiidesu
10-06-2005, 04:59 PM

What was the previous regular opening time?

TP2000
10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
What was the previous regular opening time?

10:00am was the original Disneyland opening time for weekdays. That was the time planned for and noted on disneyland.com until just a few days ago.