PDA

View Full Version : Busy in October?

siamese1975
10-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I'm going to be in disneyland in 2 weeks...what are the crowds normally like then? I just found out about the fantasmic dining reservations....do you think I still have a chance to purchase these or do they fill up pretty fast?

Thanks,
Kim

disneygalforlife
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I personally think October is a great time of year to go. This year will mark our 5th annual 5 day trip to DL the last week of October. Somedays it can get to be busy (last year one weekday had a Splash Mountain wait of 120 minutes), but there are other days where the park is empty.

I would recommend making Fantasmic reservations as soon as you can, as last year I tried making them the first week of October and I missed out. This year we bought them early. Another nice thing about buying them early, they seat you based on who made their reservation first. There are only two rows of seats and all of them are good, I just prefer to sit right on the balcony's edge.

Whittibo
10-06-2005, 07:06 AM
I am here now, and yesterday the crowds were very light. It was HOT though, and we didn't go into the park until 3pm. Maybe everyone left already due to the heat?? But we got right on every ride except Splash, and we got a fastpass for that one with a return time of 7:20-8:00. I was shocked that people were still getting into line at 7:45 when the wait time was 90 minutes and the park closed at 8pm. Do they still let the people in line ride??

Anyway, Monday was busier then I thought it would be, but all in all, (compared to summer) it's a breeze. Yesterday we rode Indy, Jungle boats, HM, Casey Jr., Storybook boats (that line was the longest at about 40 minutes), small world and then splash all in 4.5 hours. The only rides we waited for were Casey Jr. and Storybook.

We're going to try leaving early today (8:30/9:00) so we don't have the long wait times getting INTO the park. We'll see if this works any better for us. ;)

Whittibo
10-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Oops.. we also went on Big Thunder Mt. TWICE. Walked right on both times. :)

drew1house
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
as Utah (with a zillion little kids) is out of school for Utah Educators Association convention. We will be there as will about half a dozen families from our neighborhood alone!

Drew

P.S. Prices for fantasmic for our party of 7 are $372... Is it really worth that?
:confused: