PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day in Disneyland... Help Please!

Pages : [1] 2

disneyland addict13
10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
This year Veteran's Day falls on the 11th of November and we were thinking about going to Disneyland for the long weekend. We would love to see the park all "dressed up" for Christmas but we were wondering how much of the Christmas decorations/shows or parades are up/under way. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much!

disneyland addict13
10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Anybody?

sierranevada
10-05-2005, 03:41 PM
We are going that weekend. All the decorations should be up by Fri. 11/11. That is the night that the fireworks start back on an everyday showing. I don't know if anyone has found out if they are doing the snow and the end. The Christmas Parade, however, is not suppose to start till Thanksgiving. Be prepared - I am expecting it to be very crowded - all three DL hotels are sold out, it is a three day weekend, it is the first weekend with the holiday decorations and there is a convention of 10,000 Cheerleaders/Dancer at the Anaheim Convention Center for a competition!

disneyland addict13
10-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow...we didn't expect it to be quite that busy. We were there in July of this year...could anybody compare those crowds to the crowds during Veteran's Day weekend?

Thanks so much for the information.

adriennek
10-05-2005, 03:48 PM
This year Veteran's Day falls on the 11th of November and we were thinking about going to Disneyland for the long weekend. We would love to see the park all "dressed up" for Christmas but we were wondering how much of the Christmas decorations/shows or parades are up/under way. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much!

The MousePlanet Disneyland Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr051003.htm#Rehabs) includes a rehab calendar (that link will take you directly to it.) That will tell you what Attractions will be open or closed.

Also, FYI: Veteran's Day falls on the 11th of November every year. It's a federal law that the holiday must be observed on that day. The only time the holiday might be observed on a different weekday is when the 11th falls on a weekend day.

Adrienne
No, I'm not a former writer for Jeopardy! You're confusing me with someone else.

disneyland addict13
10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the info...sorry about the Veteran's Day mess up...You can't blame me really...I'm only 13...

Darkbeer
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
A few things, the Cheer/Dance competition shows an expected 22,000 folks showing up the 12th and 13th of November.

http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm?mnth=11&yr=2005#top

The Fireworks will start daily as of Friday, November 11th, it will be the current special 50th "Remember... Dreams Come True" show, with an added song at the end, to feature the show effect.

it's a small holiday will also start on the 11th, and all the Christmas decorations should be up by that date.

The Christmas Parade won't start until Friday, November 18th

adriennek
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info...sorry about the Veteran's Day mess up...You can't blame me really...I'm only 13...

I was merely informing not criticizing.

Adrienne

disneyland addict13
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I was merely informing not criticizing.

Adrienne

Yeah I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my comment to come across that way. I totally understand that you were just informing me...sorry....:)

garrett240
10-05-2005, 04:26 PM

You know..being 13 years old and having 10,000 cheerleaders there too, might be kinda fun...

Don't tell my wife I said that.....

Rhiannon8404
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
We will be there that weekend starting Saturday, but staying through Wednesday. If it's going to be that crowded on the weekend, I guess we will plan to do the most popular stuff Mon-Wed.

Darkbeer
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
We will be there that weekend starting Saturday, but staying through Wednesday. If it's going to be that crowded on the weekend, I guess we will plan to do the most popular stuff Mon-Wed.

Just don't miss Fantasmic!, it will only be offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (My Guess, the Sunday showing will be the least crowded.)

And the fact that Aladdin is dark on Monday and Tuesday, and Block Party Bash on Wednesday and Thursday.

But yes, I would do more of the "slower" attractions and DCA during the weekend, and save the big attraction at Disneyland for the weekdays.

One exception, use FASTPASS, and get to ride a couple major attractions at DL on the weekends, then isn't that much difference in the actual return to the attraction (short line), though your return time will be much longer on the weekend, then during the week.

TrekkieDad
10-05-2005, 05:27 PM
We are planning on being there that weekend, too, but I haven't made any reservations yet. DW was kind of hoping for the DLH. I'm OK with Hojo, but she gets blisters on her feet every time we go to Disneyland.

Rhiannon8404
10-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Just don't miss Fantasmic!, it will only be offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (My Guess, the Sunday showing will be the least crowded.)

And the fact that Aladdin is dark on Monday and Tuesday, and Block Party Bash on Wednesday and Thursday.

But yes, I would do more of the "slower" attractions and DCA during the weekend, and save the big attraction at Disneyland for the weekdays.

One exception, use FASTPASS, and get to ride a couple major attractions at DL on the weekends, then isn't that much difference in the actual return to the attraction (short line), though your return time will be much longer on the weekend, then during the week.

I didn't know about Aladdin, we always go see it. Thanks for telling me. We'll likely go see it Sat or Sun or both in that case. We had planned for the Sunday Fastasmic.

Leslie21
10-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow, a park invaded by cheerleaders, that's a treat :rolleyes: My birthday is on the 11th and I'll be there 10-12, I highly doubt these days will be off-season in terms of attendance :| :)

TowerofTerror
10-05-2005, 10:25 PM
well its not a pretty site when they come to the park. they are very loud

TrekkieDad
10-07-2005, 08:11 PM
We are planning on being there that weekend, too, but I haven't made any reservations yet. DW was kind of hoping for the DLH. I'm OK with Hojo, but she gets blisters on her feet every time we go to Disneyland.
Plans change. We couldn't get DLH or HoJo, airfares were through the roof, and it was looking to be a crowded weekend. So...

I booked the weekend of October 28 instead. We'll be at HoJo's and I'll be celebrating my birthday at Disneyland that Sunday. Woohoo! (I've never been to Disneyland on my birthday.)

itig
10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
We are going that weekend. All the decorations should be up by Fri. 11/11. That is the night that the fireworks start back on an everyday showing. I don't know if anyone has found out if they are doing the snow and the end. The Christmas Parade, however, is not suppose to start till Thanksgiving. Be prepared - I am expecting it to be very crowded - all three DL hotels are sold out, it is a three day weekend, it is the first weekend with the holiday decorations and there is a convention of 10,000 Cheerleaders/Dancer at the Anaheim Convention Center for a competition!
Ugh...this is not the news that I want to hear. We have a trip planned from Nov 13-18, the week following the 3-day weekend. Anyone have any thoughts about crowds Sun-Fri? If it's going to be slammed, I may change our plans to the first week in December, which is our usual time.

Thanks for any help...

sierranevada
10-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Ugh...this is not the news that I want to hear. We have a trip planned from Nov 13-18, the week following the 3-day weekend. Anyone have any thoughts about crowds Sun-Fri? If it's going to be slammed, I may change our plans to the first week in December, which is our usual time.

Thanks for any help...

Sunday will be crowded but you should be fine during the week. Everyone should be back in school and/or at work and the cheerleaders/dancers will be gone!

itig
10-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks sierranevada...I really didn't want to change the plans, but we like to avoid the crowds :)

mkcbunny
10-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Ugh. We were afraid something might come up that weekend. We will be there from Friday afternoon - Monday, leaving Tuesday. Never been there when the cheerleaders were in town. Can anyone comment on when they tend to hit the parks? If they are there for competitions, they must have to be at the convention center at least some of the time ... they can't be in the parks their entire visit ...

Is it worse that being in the park on a June weekend?

sierranevada
10-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Ugh. We were afraid something might come up that weekend. We will be there from Friday afternoon - Monday, leaving Tuesday. Never been there when the cheerleaders were in town. Can anyone comment on when they tend to hit the parks? If they are there for competitions, they must have to be at the convention center at least some of the time ... they can't be in the parks their entire visit ...

Is it worse that being in the park on a June weekend?

I am kinda wondering the same thing! Trying to figure out how to avoid them! I was at the park July 4th week and did not think it was too bad but have a feeling, this may be worse!

mkcbunny
10-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I suppose we could try to get a hold of the cheerleader convention schedule. I'm not sure I want to work that hard. But I'm fearful that whenever their competitions are, they will be free to roam the parks at night. Oy.

Rhiannon8404
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
I suppose we could try to get a hold of the cheerleader convention schedule. I'm not sure I want to work that hard. But I'm fearful that whenever their competitions are, they will be free to roam the parks at night. Oy.

I'm guessing that there will be some competition off and on all day until like 9pm. Some teams will compete Fri/Sun and have Sat off. Some Sat/Sun and have Friday off, etc. I expect Sunday to be the most crowded at those who have been eliminated on Fri and Sat will all converge on DL during the finals.

tinksmommy
10-09-2005, 12:31 AM
I just went to the website of the organization that is hosting the cheerleading competition - - no schedule up yet. http://www.jamz.com I guess we can keep checking? We too will be arriving on that weekend. For some reason I wanted to get there on Saturday not Sunday... silly me.