PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles (Anaheim) Angels & Disneyland

dlandnut
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
My 16-year old son has informed me that for his high school graduation (in May 2007), he wants tickets to So Cal and some Angels games (he's nuts about the Angels, bummed about last night's game). So, YIPPEE!!! we get to start planning our next trip to Disneyland, which will apparently include some Angels games. May 2007 seems so far away!!! I hope I can "sneak in" a trip sooner! :)

When hubby and I went to Disneyland on our Honeymoon (1982!), we had tickets to an Angels/Boston Red Sox game. What fun! I think this time, however, I'll turn the son and hubby loose (and whoever else ends up going) for the game(s) and I'll just hang out at Disneyland. :)

Mrs. Newseditor44
10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
:mad: Oh how dare you call them Los Angeles!!!! That year when the Angels went on to win the 2002 World Series, I was in LABOR with my oldest at a Cleveland game. Because of that, we brought him to the games after he was born and even a couple of the playoff games...and they won!!! (ok, enough venting).

Regardless, you want to get your tickets to the Angels games as soon as you know when your trip is and when they go on sale. Ever since the 2002 World Series, it has been a little tough getting tickets to certain games. You should go to a game as well as its pretty entertaining at the stadium unlike some others in So. Cal (SD is pretty fun though).

sand20go
10-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Not to derail this topic but I would like to point out how much the 2002 "victory" of the Angles broke this life long Giant's fans heart. I still have nighmares about game 6 and that darn rally monkey.

MrsG
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
he wants tickets to So Cal and some Angels games (he's nuts about the Angels, bummed about last night's game).
You are raising a very intellegent child. ;)
<---------

Opus1guy
10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
My 16-year old son has informed me that for his high school graduation (in May 2007), he wants tickets to So Cal and some Angels games (he's nuts about the Angels, bummed about last night's game). So, YIPPEE!!! we get to start planning our next trip to Disneyland, which will apparently include some Angels games. May 2007 seems so far away!!!

Are you confident that your then 18 year old graduate will still want you (the parents) to accompany him on this graduation gift trip?

;)

bassett1976
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm an OLD SKOOL Angel fan, I remember when you could just walk up to get tickets to games the night of whatever game you wanted to see. NOW, you have to get tickets the day that they open up Ticketmaster or you might not get tickets at all.

NOTE: I was able to get tickets to game 1 of the ALCS today! Now, the Angels have to do their part and win the divisional series.

jpeben
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Not to derail this topic but I would like to point out how much the 2002 "victory" of the Angles broke this life long Giant's fans heart. I still have nighmares about game 6 and that darn rally monkey.

Me To.... :crying:

WITron
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I remember for Nolan Ryan's last game at Anaheim Stadium there were still walkup tickets available. That is the last time I have been to Anaheim stadium.

Unfortunately when we are there there won't be any games going on.

newportbeachbumz
10-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Beleive in the power of the Rally Monkey!!!!:~D

Go Angels!

dlandnut
10-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Are you confident that your then 18 year old graduate will still want you (the parents) to accompany him on this graduation gift trip?

;)

Great point. However, I assume I'm invited since I will be the one footing the bill, lol. He's grown up doing Disney, always with the family. When we went in June, however, it was sooooo nice to all of us do our own things. The teenagers all went and did their thing, I did my thing, hubby did his thing, etc. etc., and occasionally we met to eat, experience a few attractions, etc.

But, good point Opus1guy, a teenage attitude is still a teenage attitude, lol. :)