PDA

View Full Version : I am so bummed... Carousel is booked for the rest of the year (well weekends anyway)

hotshot
10-05-2005, 11:14 AM
so I am suppose to be leaving two weeks from today, but due to financial issues I am going to have to postpone until the end of Nov (the 29th-3rd)...
I am not really that upset that I am having to wait a few more weeks, it will be all Christmassy and I won't be stressed over money like I would be if I went in a couple weeks- but what has got me trippin' is that I have a rate of $60 (+$9 tax) per night at the Carousel Inn and Suites and now they are completely sold out for when I am re-scheduling the trip... When I was first considering moving the dates, they had availability- but at double the price I was paying, now they are completely booked for every weekend for the rest of the year.

I guess the plan is to now go to priceline and get something farther away.. oh well we will still have a good time.

I wish I could at least transfer the reservation to someone going at that time- it's is such a good deal... oh well

NoCalDad
10-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Keep checking back. They do get rooms after people cancel reservations. I just had to cancel one for 11/19-11/23

hotshot
10-05-2005, 01:48 PM
good point-thanks!

ralfrick
10-06-2005, 01:40 PM
A couple of years back we'd booked at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites via www.worldres.com (which we prefer to the Carousel, have stayed at both), and wanted to get an extra night. I called the hotel directly, but they had no rooms. Tried worldres, and they did. The reason is, I assumed, because they buy blocks of rooms in advance, which also leads to great rates. May want to try it.

Cheers.

hotshot
10-06-2005, 06:25 PM
thanks I'll check it out!

Surfingstitch
10-07-2005, 07:53 AM
If you call them they may have rooms that haven't been released online.

disneyhound
10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
You may just have to bite the bullet and book somewhere else, time is not on your side...