PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Disneyland

infinite
10-05-2005, 07:11 AM
We usually drive, but the boys and I are going to take a quick trip without my husband to see Disneyland at Christmas, so flying is a better option.

I have never flown into LAX, and to be honest it has been almost 10 years since I have flown anywhere.
If our plane arrives at LAX at 11:00, figuring in disembarking the plane, getting our luggage (one piece) and taking a cab to Disneyland, about what time are we likely to arrive? And if our departing flight leaves at 8:30, what time should we leave Disneyland?

That sounds like a math problem…ha ha ha. I am just wondering if I should add a day to the trip (it was going to be arrive day 1 spend half a day at the park, spend day 2 at the park, spend half a day at the park and leave day 3), if I should try to get earlier/later flights on those days, or if what I have planned will work out well.

My husband has suggested we each take a backpack with a change of clothes (since it is only a few days), and have anything we buys shipped back, so we don’t have to wait for luggage. Will that make a difference?

Thank you.

going2disneyAZ
10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Consider flying into John Wayne Airport or Long Beach. Much easier and closer to DLR than LAX.

JeffG
10-05-2005, 07:52 AM
The drive time from LAX to Disneyland during the late morning or early afternoon should be around 35 minutes to an hour. It could be longer if there are traffic issues (accidents, construction, etc.) along the route. Most likely it will take a bit less time on Sunday or a holiday than it would on a weekday or a Saturday.

I don't know that taking a cab from LAX to Disneyland is a particularly good choice as it would likely be very expensive. It is 33 miles from LAX to Disneyland and the traffic can be slow at times. You would be much better off looking at various shuttle services, such as SuperShuttle. You might even want to consider renting a car, particularly if you plan to go anywhere other than Disneyland.

-Jeff

mkcbunny
10-05-2005, 07:55 AM
It can take 40 minutes from LAX, all depends on traffic that particualr day. In addition to the previous comment about John Wayne airport [20 minutes to DLR, smaller, easier airport, very nice], I would consider Super Shuttle [or similar] for your return trip. A cab is cheaper, but if you are concerned about times and when to get to the airprort, they do all "the math" as far as when to pick you up for your flight goes. So all you have to do is tell them your flight time and be ready to go. They do tend to allow a lot of time for traffic; we've always been early when we took the shuttle.

From the airport, with three people, cabbing makes sense. It's cheaper. But personally, I might be afraid of whether a cab would come on time going to the airport.