PDA

View Full Version : California Screamin' [reopen date]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ToursbabeC3po
10-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I am not sure if this has been posted already I don't have time to go through the post tonight. A friend of mine that works in the paradise pier area of DCA was told today in "Roll Call" that Screamn is going to be open ether Fri or Sat. If this has already been posted you can delete the post.
Toursbabe

uvsc_wolverine
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
You'd better not be pulling my chain! I'll be there for my annual trip in two weeks and now you've got me getting my hopes up that CS will be open!

ToursbabeC3po
10-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I don't pull chains and I would not post this unless I had a reliable source. There is always the generic disclaimer "All rides and attraction availability are subject to change without notice." But it does look very promising. Have a great trip!
Toursbabe

Mark Mywords
10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Cool! I was just listening to the screamin' music tonight, wishing it was back in operation...:)

SandraVB79
10-04-2005, 11:32 PM
While planning my DL visit (I will be there from October 27 to November 1, very exciting since I am coming from belgium!), I saw on the website that California Screamin' would still be closed (as is It's a Small World, for Holiday Install! In Paris, they do that overnight, in CA they need +/- 4 weeks, unbelievable)

I hope your message is true, and that it will reopen before I arrive, because I absolutely LOVE the ride, and everytime I listen to the music, I re-live the thrill! haha

Whittibo
10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
WOW, we'll be leaving here Saturday, so I sure hope it happens on Friday. Otherwise I might just have to pay the daily rate to get into DCA to at least ride it! I don't think I am going to tell my kids though! Thanks Toursbabe!

blewellen
10-05-2005, 06:48 AM
I hope everyone goes as planned! I will be there Saturday. I miss this ride so much! :)

Whittibo
10-05-2005, 06:51 AM
I just checked the cost of paying for a blackout date.. it's $30 EACH.. that would be $150 for my family to get in and ride Screamin'.. boy, I certainly hope it opens Friday and not Saturday.

I don't suppose we can get an hour long pass for DCA just so we could ride Screamin'.. :s I don't want to pay $150 to ride ONE ride.. and we have to leave that day for an 7+ hour drive. We wouldn't even have time to enjoy anything else but one ride.

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I sure hope you're right- our trip starts in one week! We didnt ride screamin' 2 years ago when we were there, so I'm really hoping to go on this time.

potterphreak
10-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Whittibo, what day is a blackout day? I am looking at the dates for Deluxe Annual Pass and it doesn't show weekends as blacked out until Thanksgiving. In fact, no blackouts shown until Thanksgiving. Am I missing something? <freaking out a wee bit> We are getting Deluxe passes this year for the first time ever, are there blackout dates we don't know about?
Thanks for any and all info!

PS-Awesome, Toursbabe!!!!!!!!!! CS is my all-time favorite ride and I was super bummed to hear of its closure!

SoCalDisneyLover
10-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Whittibo, what day is a blackout day? I am looking at the dates for Deluxe Annual Pass and it doesn't show weekends as blacked out until Thanksgiving. In fact, no blackouts shown until Thanksgiving. Am I missing something? <freaking out a wee bit> We are getting Deluxe passes this year for the first time ever, are there blackout dates we don't know about?
Thanks for any and all info!

I'm guessing that she has a So Cal Pass, which is blocked out on Saturdays year round.

Doug
10-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Shopping pass (free) gets you in for 1 hour!

I just checked the cost of paying for a blackout date.. it's $30 EACH.. that would be $150 for my family to get in and ride Screamin'.. boy, I certainly hope it opens Friday and not Saturday.

I don't suppose we can get an hour long pass for DCA just so we could ride Screamin'.. :s I don't want to pay $150 to ride ONE ride.. and we have to leave that day for an 7+ hour drive. We wouldn't even have time to enjoy anything else but one ride.

Whittibo
10-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Yep.. I have the So. Cal. AP. Sat & Sun are all blacked out.

Doug.. I thought I saw someone get a pass for something once, but could I claim that my "whole family" is going shopping?? Wouldn't that be a bit odd? That would indeed solve my problem if it doesn't open on Friday. We could use the DtD parking lot, have 3 hours of free parking, then hit DCA for a couple Screamin' rides before our 7+ hour drive home. :D

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Just remember that you have exactly one hour. If you arent back in one hour, they will charge your credit card. And, it might be a good idea to get a reciept for something- even just a drink, to show that you did buy something!

Whittibo
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I wonder if I tell them the truth, that I just want the hour pass because we have been here for 10 days and have to leave that day, but we want to ride Screamin'.. if they would just give me the hour pass. But what if the line is so long it takes more then an hour?? That would freak me out, getting charged a few hundred dollars just because we HAVE to ride Screamin'

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 01:21 PM
If you get in, just watch the time. If you arent going to make it out in time, then you can always leave the line.

Osky
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM
That's not what the shopping pass is intended for, and that is pretty cheap if you try to use it for that purpose. I'm all for searching out the best deals and trying to find ways to get things cheap; however, doesn't anyone have ethics anymore?

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Give me a break! She's been there for 11 days. I think Disney has probably gotten a good share of her money. If she needs to "cheat" to ride a ride thats been closed, so be it!

ToursbabeC3po
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Not only is it unethical if you are a AP holder and get caught they will take you pass for good. Not worth it. It sounds like Friday is the day anyway's so you should not have a problem. I will be in the park tomorrow and find out more then post again. By the way has anyone been in the parks since summer? How have the crowds been on Thurs.?
Toursbabe

Doug
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
DCA has been slow...

No need to buy anything... a friend of mine got a "shopping pass" (not shopping, not buying) ... to actually shop, ended riding ToT and leaving.... and if they are not AP holders, so what? They can probably look around in the shops if they have time, and so, they really would be using pass for shopping....

Opus1guy
10-05-2005, 04:43 PM
On the Shopping Pass it used to be that they would specifically admonish you not to attempt to go on any attractions or shows. That it was to be used specifically to go shopping and shopping only.

Further back in time they would not even issue one to permit you to go looking for something to buy...but rather to go in to purchase something only if you knew exactly what you wanted.

Don't know what the current policy is today, but I would consider that it's a courtesy being extended by Disney to allow you to run in to purchase something. Period. And any other use would be unethical. Period.

Your only ethical recourse would be as you suggested, and tell them the truth that you had been there all that time (perhaps provide some receipts or other proofs) and since Screamin' was down all that time and now it was up...if you and yours could be comped in to go ride it once before you had to drive home.

I suppose you could stretch the Shopping Pass thing to say to yourself or them that the item you wished to shop for was the photograph that's taken on the Screamin' ride. But I doubt they'd really fall for that. ;) And I also think they would put the breaks on real fast if you attempted to get the whole family in on shopping passes.

Osky
10-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Give me a break! She's been there for 11 days. I think Disney has probably gotten a good share of her money. If she needs to "cheat" to ride a ride thats been closed, so be it!

Ethics is an interesting thing. If something is ethically wrong, no amount of justification will make it ethically right. The shopping pass is intended for one thing only, allowing people into the park for the sole purpose of purchasing that one item that they did not have time or opportunity to purchase during their time in the park. Use of the shopping pass for any other reason is unethical, and can carry repercussions if you are caught. In addition, if this behavior is practiced by lots of people, it will result in the discontinuation of the shopping pass, which will truly be a shame for the people who use it as intended.

Furthermore, this person probably lives relatively close by if they have a Southern California AP. They have paid a reduced rate to get into the park for many days out of the year. Their reduced rate does not give them access to the park on Saturday. If they want to go to the park on Saturday to ride a ride, the can A) purchase a blockout day pass, B) upgrade their AP, or C) purchase another form of valid admission. The APs are quite a bargain comparatively. Using the justification that they have been there 10 days, so what is another hour in the park on a Saturday going to hurt is not a good one. First of all, it is unfair to everyone who has a valid admission media for that day. Plus, what if everyone did this?

Osky
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Opus1guy, you must have been typing while I was. Thanks for the post as well, ToursbabeC3po. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that is not right.

gothemi
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
We're getting off track here. Lets stick to the possible re-opening of California Screamin. I am not doubting you Toursbabe, but everywhere else is reporting several months before re-opening. Do you feel this is a correct date? If so, I'll take your word for it since your a former CM.

PS; and thanks for the news in any case.

ToursbabeC3po
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I am going by a very reliable source but I personally have no control when it opens so anything can happen. I don't know why they would announce to cast members in roll call they are attempting to open the attraction unless there intentions are to open the ride.
I really debated wether I should post this or not because I know that people are going to be going over to screamin and waiting for it to open and when this has happened in the past the have postponed openings. So please do not "hang out" by screamin. You will know if it is open when you see people on it ;) It is now up to Disney when it opens DOSH has given back the attraction to them.
I am almost 90% sure it is opening Friday.
Toursbabe