PDA

View Full Version : Out Of The Way Places For Fireworks!

disneygalforlife
10-04-2005, 07:55 PM
23 days until Disneyland and counting . . .

We are arriving on a Tuesday and not going into the park until Wednesday. How is the fireworks viewing from the plaza between DCA and DL? Can you hear the musical accompaniment from that location? Our hotel has a viewing platform but we wanted to hear the music.

Where is the best place IN the park to see Tink fly???

lisap
10-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Where is your hotel? The PPH pipes in the fireworks music and the view is not half bad from the pool area. I don't know if they play the music in the esplanade--I'm sure someone knows the answer to that--but I'm thinking a higher-up place like the tip of the parking garage will give you a better view.

In the park--the hub is the place to be to see Tink, preferably on the right side as you face the castle so you have a view of the Matterhorn as well.

Pirate Princess
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Although it is not a good place to see Tink, near Autopia and the Buzz stage is a great place to view the fireworks and hear the music. When we went this location was empty, except for five or so other stragglers, and we just took some chairs and moved them into the main walkway. We had seen the show from an ideal place the night before, but we were crowded and sardine-like. It was nice to see them in a more relaxed environment too.

Darkbeer
10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Don't forget, the Fireworks are only offered on Friday and Saturdays (and this Sunday, due to the Holiday weekend) until November 11th.

Pirate Princess
10-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Don't forget, the Fireworks are only offered on Friday and Saturdays (and this Sunday, due to the Holiday weekend) until November 11th.

After November 11th it's everyday? I am going Dec. 12-15 and I thought my trip would be (unfortunately) firework-free.

potzbie
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, I can tell you where you ought NOT be, if the soundtrack is of primary concern.

At ITS A SMALL WORLD, at the TOONTOWN entrance, you are physically closest to the fireworks.

Advantages?
You can sit. -- The edge of the IASM planters are 2 or 3 feet high, so, if you get there early, you can get off your feet. (And this feature is a primary concern for me. I can't stand standing for long periods.)

What other advantages?
Loud booms!--Little delay between (a.) the sight of the explosions; (b.) the sound of the explosions.
That is impressive.

The disadvantage is that the soundtrack did not carry well to that location.
I couldn't make out diddly-squat of what was coming out of the speakers.

Another disadvantage is that the view of the Matterhorn (the projections) and view of Tinkerbell (the flight) is virtually nonexistent from that viewpoint.

Since The Hub is super-crowded, I am thinking of trying the Fantasyland courtyard (where the block-off begins).
I'd like a close-up view of TINK myself! -- A worm's-eye view!

disneygalforlife
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Where is your hotel?

We are staying right accross the Harbor crosswalk and the Desert Inn and Suites.