PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickey Business

BalooNumberTwo
10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Okay, this might come off as a venting session so please try to hear me out.

I really love the ideas of hidden mickey's. I love that feeling that he is everywhere and that the man and the mouse encompass almost everything in disneyland.

The thing that has really begun to urk me is people claiming hidden mickey's in things that were not intended to be hidden mickeys. Now i am all about imagination, and i belive that children finding the shape of mickey's is cool.

BUT...If you see a cobble stone path, and there are thousands of pebbles on the ground.....three stones that happen to be in a triangle shape...shouldn't constitute a mickey....

I think hidden mickey's should be something that is easily overlooked, but once you know where it is....you can't miss it.

Also, aren't most hidden mickey's intentionally placed?

I don't mean to come off as anal. Its not really something i lose sleep over. but i see it as a game, and just kind of wish that there were more "rules" to what constitutes a HM.

Whittibo
10-04-2005, 07:45 PM
I think all the actual "hidden Mickeys" are the 50th logo. I am not sure about that, but from what I can see, that's correct. Besides, like I told my kids, there are probably a trillion Mickey's in that park.. not every Mickey constitutes a "hidden Mickey".

Funny thing in my family is, my youngest daughter is the one who's seeing them all. ;) We didn't even really tell her about it either.

BalooNumberTwo
10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Lol...aint that funny....kids are able to help me see things from a different angle and its great.

I totally think that there are some hidden mickey's that are delibrately placed, like the one in the frying pan on the Jungle cruise.

those hidden 50's are all but hidden too...lol..some are a little less obvious and others are BAM right there in your face!

Clotho
10-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I think all the actual "hidden Mickeys" are the 50th logo. I am not sure about that, but from what I can see, that's correct.

Ack! No! Hidden Mickeys have been around LONG before the 50th celebration! Google for Hidden mickeys and you will find lots of info and entire sites dedicated to it! There are lots of Mickeys around that are subtle and fun.

I agree, the obvious Mickeys (like for a completely given, the flowers in front of the train station) are not "hidden". Sometimes it is hard to draw the line. But most times, it is a fun surprise when you find those really hidden ones. For instance, hubby found one in line for the new Buzz ride. HINT/SPOILER: look at the planets on the map in the very first room of the queue. We loved finding it! There are many many others that pre-date this recent ride, which we have found ourselves or researched and enjoyed viewing. I recommend checking them out for yourself! It's a fun side-hobby while traversing the terrain of the Disney parks.

h_lehmann
10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
To me, the only things that can be considered Hidden Mickeys are ones that were intentionally made into that shape, and yet were also intentionally hidden. There are three stones in the walls that make up the Go-Coaster waiting line that you can tell were arranged to look exactly like Mickey, that's a Hidden Mickey. Finding three paving stones out of thousands that happen to form a triangle is not a Hidden Mickey. Likewise, the 50 hidden mickey signs are not Hidden Mickeys, since they were made to stand out and be noticeable.

Anyway, those are the rules that I go by....