PDA

View Full Version : dining reservation help!

emmah
10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi, I know this has been addressed before but I have been scrolling through old threads without finding exactly what I need. I want to make a fantasmic booking for the first weekend in december and I need to know exactly when it is that I should call. I saw that someone said 30 days - is that including the day of the booking or 30 days to the day before the booking? do you have to take public holidays into account (and if so, are there any I should be aware of?). I was figuring on calling on nov 3, for a dec 2 booking; does that sound right to you? it's more complicated because of the time difference - i think that your 8am nov 3 is actually 2am nov 2 here, and i don't want to screw up and call to find out that it was actually yesterday.... also, can I just check I have the right number - 714 781 4400; i called it just now (its closed) and it says it is the ticketing and reservations number = is that the same as the dining reservations number? sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for any light you can shed...:)

mkcbunny
10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I've made lots of reservations through Disney, though not for Fantasmic! But all the other 30-day reservations are like so:

1) Include all days, even holidays. It's a straight 30-day window. Include the date you want to reserve, but not the day you are calling. [Same applies to 60-day rezzies, but with a 60-day lead instead of 30].

2) If you want to call 30 days from December 3, that would mean calling on November 3 California time/date. So, if 8 am November 3 in California is 2 am Nov 2 wherever you are, then that is when you should call. I can't vouch for the timezone calculation, not knowing where you are, but that sounds right.

3) If you are really concerned about missing the date, call a couple of days earlier and ask them specifically what day to call to make reservations on the date that you want.

4) I am not sure of the number for Fantasmic rezzies. Someone else will have to answer that for you.

I have the same panic every time I need to make a reservation for dinner or a tour, and it always works out just fine. :) The main thing for any reservation is knowing whether you are using a 30-day window or a 60-day window.