PDA

View Full Version : Help! with Disneyland gift cards

tremulant
10-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I recently made a trip to DL and my girlfriend and I both swear we saw these things somewhere. They are the like gift cards, but you can buy a 1 day pass, 2 day pass, etc. This (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050808.htm) park update page shows them towards the bottom of the article. Just wondering if anyone knows the exact location where I could buy one of these??

Andrew
10-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Pretty much any retail location in either park or any of the resort hotels, or at World of Disney. The gift cards are easy to find.

Also, and many people do not realize this, gift cards sold in California never expire and never lose value. Periodic "maintenance fees" or deductions from the balance for the length of time you hold the card are illegal. The companies all know this, of course, but many consumers do not which results in their shying away from purchasing gift cards.

tremulant
10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I know that the gift cards are available anywhere, but I am talking about these specific "admission gift cards". Those are available pretty much anywhere in the parks as well?

Andrew
10-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I know that the gift cards are available anywhere, but I am talking about these specific "admission gift cards". Those are available pretty much anywhere in the parks as well?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you meant the special admission-type gift cards. I've seen those on sale at Safeway (Vons/Pavilions for you SoCal-ers) and other grocery stores.

I don't know where that photo (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/DLRDTDWODProcessed/TicketGiftCards_080705_AVP.jpg) was taken, but as the accompanying text says the admission gift cards are at "select merchandise locations". Your best bet will be to stop by City Hall on your way in if you want to buy them during your trip.

tremulant
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot for your help! I'll look at both vons and city hall next time I'm there!

MLM62486
10-08-2005, 04:44 AM

That picture was taken at the WORLD OF DISNEY :) I recognize that. It's in the room with the adult clothing. If you are walking into DTD from one of the parks, it is through the first set of doors and it is to the right of the registers in that room. As of right now, I think we are only selling the AP's though. That might have been taken a while back.