PDA

View Full Version : ToT News

LIMANDL4EVA
03-04-2002, 08:59 PM
How about all news and rumors and construction updates for ToT go in this thread?
Has it gone verticle yet?

Uncle Dick
03-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
How about all news and rumors and construction updates for ToT go in this thread?
Has it gone verticle yet?
Nope. I saw it today on my way up to the Mezzanine. They're still just working on the foundation type thingys. It doesn't look all that big.....

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Well I wouldn't expect it to be that wide since it isn't going to be a real hotel. Is the hotel going to have a "basement" or is it going to start on the "ground level".

Uncle Dick
03-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well I wouldn't expect it to be that wide since it isn't going to be a real hotel. Is the hotel going to have a "basement" or is it going to start on the "ground level".
Okay, let's put it this way: It doesn't look as big as the one in Florida. (Not that that's a bad thing.....)

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 11:02 PM
That really isn't saying much since it is just the base...:)

LIMANDL4EVA
03-05-2002, 04:35 PM
How big IS the 1 is florida compared to here?

DisneylandBoy
03-05-2002, 07:59 PM
ToT question: Is it going to go with the HPB theming? It seems like it is located near the wharf area, not next to Hollywood. Maybe I am just not seeing it right or something.

Brown Monkey
03-05-2002, 08:47 PM
It is going to be in HPB. Right next to the Hyperion Theater off of the big courtyard waiting area. So if you were looking down Hollywood Blvd. from the entrance to HPB, you would go all the way down to the theater and turn right, and ToT will be right there. And yes, from looking at concept art, it should be themed to Hollywood.

LIMANDL4EVA
03-06-2002, 08:03 PM
it looks like (from the art) it will have a california mission style to it, if this makes sense

DisneylandBoy
03-06-2002, 08:28 PM
it looks like (from the art) it will have a california mission style to it, if this makes sense

Does anyone know where I can see the concept art? I remember seeing it during DCA's anniversary, but would like to look at it now. Thanks!

TerryTiger
03-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy

Does anyone know where I can see the concept art? I remember seeing it during DCA's anniversary, but would like to look at it now. Thanks!

Last time I was in Animation (last week?), the concept art that was shown at the anniversary was still in the lobby area of "One Man's Dream" in the Animation Screening Room.

Nigel2
03-06-2002, 09:07 PM

It still looks more art decco to me. But that has nothing to do with the size.

The size of the foundation is probably wide enough for the number of shafts right now. Is it even finished yet?

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Here're (http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=30502&page=9) some pics of the construction site.

And Here's (http://www.mouseinfo.com/news/photos/020802_003s.jpg) the concept art. :)

Nigel2
03-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Ah so it will have a "basement". We have basically no idea yet on how big the actual tower will be since they have only done work on the shaft portion now so it could be very large.

Hmmmm that concept art looks different than the "model" art from the 1st aniversay announcements.

LIMANDL4EVA
03-07-2002, 06:34 PM
what 'model' art?

Nigel2
03-07-2002, 09:10 PM
The stuff from the 1st birthday, it had harder edges and wasn't mission style. I don't think it was a model but it was closer to photograph than the other stuff. I think they used the same overlay of people falling that they used in the FL version though.

HTHBellcaptain
03-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Ah so it will have a "basement". We have basically no idea yet on how big the actual tower will be since they have only done work on the shaft portion now so it could be very large.

I don't know how tall the DCA one will be. I do know that in Florida the Hollywood Tower Hotel is 199 feet tall. I believe that the Matterhorn is 147 feet tall. My guess is that they will either have to sink the building down, or shrink the size down, or maybe a little of both.

LIMANDL4EVA
03-09-2002, 07:02 PM
so the hole in the ground right now is JUST the shaft and not for the building itself???

Nigel2
03-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Yeah that is what it looks like right now. I think I said this before but the reason ToT at WDW is that height is becuase FAA would have made them put a beacon on top (killing the effect of the tower) so it wouldn't be a threat to planes.

Disneyspoon
03-10-2002, 10:46 AM
hello, so far the digging going on is for the main support and basement of the tower. This hole will be approximately 50 feet in depth. The actual tower itself will be some feet a bit taller than the matterhorn itself. Because of the angle it will be built its height will not be so visble from any place in Disneyland but will be very recognizable in DCA. The look will have a mission style architechture on the front side and the back of it will blend into the rest of the anaheim skyline. so that it blends from the outside of the parks. verticle construction might start as oon as fall 2002.
Since i am talking bout construction, "a quick note" Flick fantasy fair in the bugstown district will start recieving it's new ride systems soon. Some work has started already.

LIMANDL4EVA
03-10-2002, 04:01 PM
look at the angle of the tower and where its pointed, will it be facing who wants to be a millionaire or the side of the hyperion, i know the second angle doenst make any sense, but bear with me, and second of all, wouldnt it be very hard toi see the tower when walking doiwn hollywood blvd? or would it be so high that you could see it over the animation building?

Disneyspoon
03-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Well. The hieght of the buidling and the angle of view could change dramatically from where you are standing. The TOT will be visible from several areas of DCA. You ask if it will be visible from the front of Animation building. Welll although the TOT building will be close to the 199 feet tall MGM TOT depending on how close you are standing to the animation building the tower might not be visible. the skyline of very large buildings are actually more evident when seeing them from far, when you stand in front of another large building other buildings behind them although taller could be completely blocked.