PDA

View Full Version : 50th Tour vs. Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

sierranevada
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
I am going with a large group next month - 5 adults, 1 16yr old, 3-10 yr olds & 1-9 yr old & 1-6 yr old. I am leaning towards the 50th tour which we took in July. But I keep hearing great things about the WIWF tour. Anyone have recommendations?

Also, what does the VIP Tour cover? Do you go on any rides? Behind the scenes?

Thanks.

Mark Mywords
10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I am going with a large group next month - 5 adults, 1 16yr old, 3-10 yr olds & 1-9 yr old & 1-6 yr old. I am leaning towards the 50th tour which we took in July. But I keep hearing great things about the WIWF tour. Anyone have recommendations?

WIWF would probably bore the younger members of your group. It is an excellent tour, though.

mkcbunny
10-05-2005, 08:01 AM
We [2 adults] are doing the WiWF tour, having had to make the same choice. But I think that for your age group the 50th would be better. Of course, I haven't done either. I'm just commenting based on having done research and reading many posts on both.

We picked Walt's because it seemed more information-heavy. We were tempted by the 50th because it was special and because of the priority seating for fireworks, but we chose Walt. in yoour case, getting on a few rides and having priority seating [depending on which tiime you pick] is more fun for the kids. Plus, it saves the adults the hassle of getting that seating.

potterphreak
10-05-2005, 08:04 AM
<perk> Priority seating for fireworks through 50th tour? Where do I find info on the tours???? Thanks in advance!!!!!!

aktink
10-05-2005, 09:05 AM
After reading the info on the 50th tour it sounds great. I will be in the park Wed-Mon with my DH and 2DD 10 & 18. I am thinking this would be a great tour to take late on Friday or Sat. You get three rides and priority seating for the fireworks. Has anyone taken the last tour on a busy day? How did it go?

Mermaid
10-05-2005, 09:56 AM
After reading the info on the 50th tour it sounds great. I will be in the park Wed-Mon with my DH and 2DD 10 & 18. I am thinking this would be a great tour to take late on Friday or Sat. You get three rides and priority seating for the fireworks. Has anyone taken the last tour on a busy day? How did it go?
Yes I did and I was disappointed. We had a big group and it seemed like the tour guide kept saying "is everyone here? Is everyone here?" She also said, okay, we are headed to Pirates I'll meet you there if we get seperated, which was fine- but NO info was given while we were walking. So it seemed like we just moved from attraction to attraction. She ditched the picture book after 2 attractions and we also went backwards (started wih 1995-2005) because of the crowds. Just my two cents- I don't know if we had a bad guide, too big of a group (they let four people in at the last minute- making us a group of 19), or it was the crowds- although it was not that crowded really. 30 minute waits on BTMRR, 15 on POTC. This was on Friday Sept 23.

sierranevada
10-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes I did and I was disappointed. We had a big group and it seemed like the tour guide kept saying "is everyone here? Is everyone here?" She also said, okay, we are headed to Pirates I'll meet you there if we get seperated, which was fine- but NO info was given while we were walking. So it seemed like we just moved from attraction to attraction. She ditched the picture book after 2 attractions and we also went backwards (started wih 1995-2005) because of the crowds. Just my two cents- I don't know if we had a bad guide, too big of a group (they let four people in at the last minute- making us a group of 19), or it was the crowds- although it was not that crowded really. 30 minute waits on BTMRR, 15 on POTC. This was on Friday Sept 23.

Wow - wonder if you had a bad tour guide? We went on July 4th which was extremely crowded. Our tour guide was great - had no problem keeping us together and did lots of talking. The headsets really helped to hear her. Now, we did not get to pick the rides we went on - I think they chose them in advance in anticipation of the large crowds for the fireworks. Since we were there on July 4th, it was very convenient to have priority seating for the fireworks - it was wall to wall people by then. The train station really is the second best place to view the fireworks - with the hub, of course, being the best.

Thanks everyone for you feedback - I think we will stick to the 50th tour.

DianeM
10-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Where did you read this? I can't find info about this tour on Disney's web site, or on Mouse Planet. Is this a special tour for people who are staying at DL hotels?

sierranevada
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Where did you read this? I can't find info about this tour on Disney's web site, or on Mouse Planet. Is this a special tour for people who are staying at DL hotels?

The tour is open to all guests - here is the link to the MP update the beginning of May that announced the tour (it is about half way down the update):

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050425.htm#NewsAndViews

If you do a search, you will come up with about 60 pages of topics. The tour's official name is "From Imagination to Celebration" and I have always had a hard time finding it on the DL website - it was in the AP section once. To reserve the tour, you call 714-781-4400 30 days in advance of when you want to take the tour.

DianeM
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Thank you so much. This sounds like it would be perfect for our visit next spring. :-)

The tour is open to all guests - here is the link to the MP update the beginning of May that announced the tour (it is about half way down the update):

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050425.htm#NewsAndViews

If you do a search, you will come up with about 60 pages of topics. The tour's official name is "From Imagination to Celebration" and I have always had a hard time finding it on the DL website - it was in the AP section once. To reserve the tour, you call 714-781-4400 30 days in advance of when you want to take the tour.

Mermaid
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Wow - wonder if you had a bad tour guide? We went on July 4th which was extremely crowded. Our tour guide was great - had no problem keeping us together and did lots of talking. The headsets really helped to hear her. Now, we did not get to pick the rides we went on - I think they chose them in advance in anticipation of the large crowds for the fireworks. Since we were there on July 4th, it was very convenient to have priority seating for the fireworks - it was wall to wall people by then. The train station really is the second best place to view the fireworks - with the hub, of course, being the best.

Thanks everyone for you feedback - I think we will stick to the 50th tour.
Yeah- we had the headsets but she did not use them when we were walking. She also seemed to breath real heavy into them and they would kinda cut out. Both my dad and my sister noticed that too so it wasn't just my headsets. I took the Holiday Tour last year and LOVED it!! My sister may even take us again when we go in Dec b/c I raved about it so much. our guide was awesome for that tour and I think that made the difference. I still remember his name- Trevor!! I couldn't tell you my 50th guide's name if my life depended on it!

Pirate Princess
10-05-2005, 11:14 PM
AAA members save 20% off of tours.. just a tip in case anyone is a member. (I just posted that somewhere else and figured it would fit in here better anyway.)