PDA

View Full Version : Super 8/Disneyland Convention

msgmg68
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 on Katella? I was going to stay there for 2 days in November, but I am really scared after reading the TripAdvisor report.

Thanks in advance for your input.

passthepixiedust
10-04-2005, 05:45 PM
We stayed there (415 Katella) for six nights in August. It was fine, nothing to be scared of. It is definately a budget hotel, and DONT count on the breakfast (unless you want to eat doughnuts and toast). But it was clean and the staff was all very nice.

Opus1guy
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I can't help you on this motel, but I have to say that when I saw the thread title, I honestly thought it was going to be about some Super 8 Convention where folks were bringing in all their old Super 8 films they had taken at Disneyland in the early decades...and where going to screen them at some public function. Which to this geek would have been of some interest!

Shows you how old I am.

;)

teach
10-05-2005, 05:41 AM
The Super 8 is definitely a budget hotel but it is very clean, has fairly large rooms, service is reliable, and you do not hear the people next door or the freeway. The pool is sparse and located in the parking lot, the walk is manageable, but a bit of a ways, and the breakfast is poor. Ironically, it is the cheapest place that we have stayed in the area (in comparison to Desert Inn, Holiday Inn, Coast Anaheim), but was the only one that was problem free. We are staying their again this Christmas and have no concerns about returning.

msgmg68
10-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks for your replies. Two more questions if I may...

1)how far is the walk to the ART Shuttle from there?
2)how far is the walk to food?

Thanks again to all of you!

stan4d_steph
10-05-2005, 08:43 AM
...2)how far is the walk to food?If you have the address, I would suggest using Google maps (http://maps.google.com). You can enter the address and use the "Local Search" feature to find any eateries that are close by.

AussieBill
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
me and my 9 yr old son stayed there in April.i thought it was ok.
ask for a room on the top floor as i am a light sleeper and could hear the people walking above us.

the A.R.T Stop is at the Ramada which is two doors down,you can buy your allday pass at their reception.

its only a few minutes walk to the shops on the corner of Kattela and Harbour

msgmg68
10-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Wow! You are all so great! You have helped me make up my mind. Thank you!

passthepixiedust
10-05-2005, 12:34 PM
The corner of Katella and Harbour (as stated - couple of minutes walking) has a small "strip mall" type thing, which has a pizza place (didn't love it), a chinese food place (pretty good, fairly priced) a coffee shop, and a sub shop (neither of which I tried) There is also a 7-11 just across the street from these. Be sure to pick up one of those hotel discount guide things (free from stop where shuttle drops you off) as it has menus and coupons from restaurants that have free delivery in the area. -- I will post the name of this when I get home, as I can't remember right now.