PDA

View Full Version : Letter-writing campaign: more Electrical Parade in December!

JookyG
10-04-2005, 11:17 AM
This holiday season Disneyland is only pulling out the Electrical Parade for 2 weeks in the 2nd half of December. This parade has been a holiday tradition for my family since it was brought out of retirement to improve attendance at DCA (and a summertime tradition when I was a child), but this year it will only have a short run at the very peak of the season. If the current plan stands, I will miss it on my early-December visit, as will many others.

To anyone who is visiting Disneyland between now and Christmas, I beg you to write a letter to Disney and ask them to run the parade on weekends for the whole season. I'm not talking about a quick email on the Disney website. I mean a hand-written, snail mail letter. You can mail it to:

Disneyland® Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

It's an accepted fact in business that hard-copy letters carry much more weight than an email or phone call, because it takes more effort (but how much effort does it take to send a letter, really? 15 minutes and a stamp). Think about it...if Disney gets one letter for every 50,000 guests who visit the park, that means your letter carries a LOT of weight. It means your one letter represents THOUSANDS of others who feel the same way. I don't know the ratio of guests to letter-writers, but I imagine it's stark, and I know from experience that letter-writing can be a powerful tool.

I sent my letter 2 weeks ago and have already received a personalized reply. I know it wasn't a form letter, because it referred to several points I had made in mine. The reply was polite and non-committal, but the fact that someone took the time to write and it and mail it back first class is proof that Disney is at least listening and counting my vote. Bob Iger may not read it, but if it only counts as a tick-mark in a spreadsheet column, then it will have served its purpose.

Please help by writing your letter today! It only takes 15 minutes. And definitely add feedback about bringing back the Peoplemover, the need for a new Star Tours film, ideas on how to fix DCA, un-clamping the Teacups, or your favorite Disney cause. Things may not change overnight, but at least you know your vote will be heard.

Thanks!

pisces
10-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Also, what if it rains?......MSEP was cancelled quite often during last year's heavy rains. I had no idea it wouldn't be back, as there was no notice given, and even if there were, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to say goodbye, even, since they were rained out so many times!

I'll write that letter, if you write to them about definitely having "Believe" fireworks this holiday season.

I'll even settle for two weeks of Believe, rather than no Believe at all!

JookyG
10-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Also, what if it rains?......MSEP was cancelled quite often during last year's heavy rains. I had no idea it wouldn't be back, as there was no notice given, and even if there were, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to say goodbye, even, since they were rained out so many times!

I'll write that letter, if you write to them about definitely having "Believe" fireworks this holiday season.

I'll even settle for two weeks of Believe, rather than no Believe at all!

Awwww...it's going to kill me, because this is my only chance to see the new fireworks show since I live out of state, but it's a deal. I'll write and ask for Believe, if you'll write and ask for the MSEP :)

pisces
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
....Not necessarily.....if they do like I think they'll do and put Believe in with all the peak December stuff.....for just that peak two week period.

What we shall do is ask that, if anything is going to be restricted to two weeks, or however long the peak period is.......let it be Believe....and not MSEP.

...That, we definitely must have Believe----under no circumstances shall it not appear, this year.....but that it's ok to restrict it a bit.

MSEP should not be restricted to peak periods, but rather run throughout the whole Holiday season.

OK, now I'm getting confused.

But anyway, MSEP for the whole of the holiday season. And in the meantime, it is imperative to have Believe---which would be more appropriate to restrict to at least the peak periods of the Holiday season.

That make sense?

crazi4dlr
10-04-2005, 01:34 PM
OOOOOOKay! Sure!

Another Dimension
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
DCA is much nicer without the DEP.

I really hope it never comes back. It retired once, and once again I really feel the time is ripe!

Other parks/resorts get/have gotten NEW night time parades (that have lasted), the MSEP/DEP is a lame decades old dark cloud over the entire Resort.

Retire the DEP for good, demolish it, sell the chunks of it to the decades of brainwashed DEP addicts and create something new and different, or imagination is officially dead.

DangerMouse
10-04-2005, 01:57 PM
DCA is much nicer without the DEP.

I really hope it never comes back. It retired once, and once again I really feel the time is ripe!

Other parks/resorts get/have gotten NEW night time parades (that have lasted), the MSEP/DEP is a lame decades old dark cloud over the entire Resort.

Retire the DEP for good, demolish it, sell the chunks of it to the decades of brainwashed DEP addicts and create something new and different, or imagination is officially dead.

:eek: Couldn't disagree with you more . . . :p :p

tod
10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry, I can't get behind you on this. The Main Street Electrical Parade belongs on Main Street, in Disneyland, during the Summer.

And keep your eye on Another Dimension -- (s)he'd demolish that old dumpy 50-year-old Castle, given the opportunity. :p

--t

pisces
10-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry, I can't get behind you on this. The Main Street Electrical Parade belongs on Main Street, in Disneyland, during the Summer.

--t

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/christmasHoliday/detail?name=SPChristmasHolidayPage

Apparently, Disney disagrees with you, since in their Holiday blurb, ----as linked above, .....they consider it specifically to be a Holiday thing, with the "thousands of twinkling lights."

As such, it should run concurrently with the Christmas Fantasy Parade.

tod
10-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Apparently, Disney disagrees with you, since in their Holiday blurb, ----as linked above, .....they consider it specifically to be a Holiday thing, with the "thousands of twinkling lights."

As such, it should run concurrently with the Christmas Fantasy Parade.

It's their parade, they can do what they want with it.

A look at some recent decisions by The Walt Disney Company -- the Astro Jets at the front of Tomorrowland, Superstar Limo, Disney's California Adventure -- indicates that there's room for dissent.

I remember when The Wizard of Oz was shown on CBS in December as "the holiday favorite" and what it has to do with Christmas I never could figure out.

--t

spacemountain85
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't give them any ideas about the Believe fireworks! If they run Believe, a lot of people who can only go in December for the 50th celebration will then get gyped out of seeing the amazing show that is Remember.

Edit: Goddangit pisces, you scared the crap out of me. That link you posted made me think that they were showing Believe and not Remember this season, and I ran around in a blind panic for several minutes before remembering that I started a thread on that very subject. At least Darkbeer confirms that Remember is still running: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48530

pisces
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
They can do both. Anyone who goes in December, shouldn't be surprised that Christmas stuff would pre-empt 50th, and especially during the exact weeks of.

The only official confirmation, for me, is what I read on Disney's own site....and right now, on their own site.....when you punch in fireworks on their search engine....and click Holiday......It shows Believe.

spacemountain85
10-06-2005, 10:45 AM
I just spoke with a "Judy" at the Disneyland information hotline, and she says:

"Remember" will be running throughout the holiday season, there will be no "Believe" fireworks at all.

The fake snow will not be at the end of the fireworks, instead it will be at the end of the Christmas parade with the Santa Claus float. Both the Christmas parade and the Parade of Dreams will be running for the holiday season.

According to her, there have been lots of changes in this schedule, but this is the final schedule from TDA. So, take that as you will.