PDA

View Full Version : Lost Boy goes to the Resort

Lost Boy
03-04-2002, 08:05 PM
This last Saturday Lost Boy went to the Disneyland Resort.
He activated his new AP and upgraded one notch.
Then he went looking for adventure.
And found it.
What wonderful Peter Pan things there are at the Park now that the new movie is a big success. Pins, a Sweatshirt, more pins, a new Classic Sculpture of Peter standing in the Darlings Nursery Window ready to take you to Neverland.
I went and saw the new movie at Downtown Disney in the afernoon and loved it.
Spent the time after the movie at DCA and loved it.
Had dinner with people who run Disney Based Websites and had a great time.
The Park looks great. Manison looks great. Fantasyland is going to be great when they finish the now closed left side. Peter Pan and Mr. Toad where open and crowded. Snow White and Pinnochio were closed as is, still, the carrousel. The new ground work is just right for that area. I found nothing bad at the Parks. I had a great day.
Lost Boy is very, very happy. And has a ton of new Peter Pan stuff. Great. More stuff to pack and find room for. Just what I need.;)

tinkfreak
03-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Refreshing to read something positive!

JPIVERSON
03-05-2002, 12:03 PM
It's GREAT to hear such a glowing review from someone who's opinion I respect. Lost Boy.... you've got me excited to plan my next trip to the Magic Kingdom! Keep the posts coming! :D

MouseWife
03-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Yes! Such positiveness!

Now I want more Peter Pan stuff!!! For me!!!

It really sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I am planning a trip up there, were the movies
decently priced? Sounds like something I would
enjoy.

Lost Boy
03-05-2002, 06:28 PM
I beleive the price at the AMC is in line with all the other theaters. The noon show on Saturday was the first show of the day, the box office opened at 11:30am. It think the price for the first and second showings of movies is around $5.50. After that it goes up to the $8 or $9 price range. That's why I always try to go to the early shows.
And it gives you a break from all that walking around. Especially for me, I need to get off my poor old feet if I am going to walk and walk and walk thru both Parks and Downtown Disney.
The Peter Pan stuff is nice. There is a new (to me, I believe they came out the day the Return movie opened) of Peter carrying Jane, Capt Hook and the Octopus (two together), all the lost boys (the twins are together), a Tink Pin (which sold out immediately) and a title pin which has a scroll with the opening date and Peter sitting crosslegged at the Bottom, Hook peering over the top and Jane on the side. I was told this was sold out also and every pin place in Disneyland and Downtown Disney was. But the big store in DCA had plenty (as of last Saturday - I found no Tink Pins anywhere).
The boxed set has Peter, Wendy, Michael and John all in flying poses on a London Background in a large velvet box. It is very nice.
The Sweat **** is great. Sm, Med, L and X-L sizes. Blue with a full color "puffy" type of illustration of Peter, Wendy, Michael, John, Hook, Tic Tock and Tinkerbell. It is one of the best Peter Pan items I have seen yet.
The sculpture from Classic Disney is Peter standing in the Window of the Darling Nursery with one hand on hip and the other raised up. He is $135 and the window with open shutters is $85. One of the best figures of Pan I have seen. A classic pose.

And Disneyland did look nice, depsite the green walls up in Fantasyland. You know they are working hard to make the street covering look more like it fits in the area, like they did in Adventureland and Frontierland. This is all cobblestones and brick work and it really looks nice. Yea, you can see some peeling paint and burned out lights . . . . If you go around looking for it. But if you just go, and enjoy, you won't really see it.

I love this place with all my heart, and it does hurt sometimes when you see what cutback can do (like Tomorrowland) but overall, nothing comes close to this wonderful "Laughing Place" for me. :D

MouseWife
03-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Oh, I love the park, too!

I have so many memories there, and almost all of them good.

Thanks for the tip on the movie prices. With a family of five the regular price can be ridiculous.

What did you call the sweatshirt? Must have been a typo!! Funny though!

All of the stuff sounds beautiful!! I hope they get restocked!!!

And, I have been missing the Happy Meals at McDonalds. I will eat happy meals, I have no problem with it. They {from what I heard} had Peter Pan toys. Next I understand they are to give out Disney Character toys.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Yes, if you look for negative things you will definitely find them.

Lost Boy
03-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Sorry about that it was a typo. I guess I should read them before I hit the post button since the spell check is not longer available, but in this case it might not have helped.

Yes indeed McDonalds did have Peter Pan toys and I got all six in one day by visiting 7 different McDonalds around our area. And I didnt have to eat that awful food either. I just went in, talked to the manager and one gave me the toy and the others charged about a buck each. There are six different sections that form Capt Hooks Pirate Ship. The bow has Mr Smee who spins when you pull a string with a ring on the end. The next section has a hatch that pops open when you push a button on the side and the octopus pops out and his tentacles flop down on the deck. The third section has Cubby the Lost Boy and a space with tabs for piece six which is the mast with crows nest. Jane is in the crows nest. Section four has Peter Pan and he turns in a circle when you turn a wheel on the side. The fifth is the raised section or the aft section and has Hook who also has a wheel to make him turn. They all snap together very tightly and the ship has wheels that are offset so the ship bobbles up and down as you push it forward. It is about a foot long when assembled and about a foot high at the top of the mast. All the figures fit tight on the tabs to keep them in place. All in all one of the best McDonalds premiums in a long time.

MouseWife
03-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Aw man. I missed out.

I do have the one from years ago, can't remember how many, of all of the different pieces, but they don't hook together. That would make for an awesome item to display.

{I think I will be taking a bunch of my old unopened toys and see if they will let me trade, if I can find all six pieces!!!}.

Mine just sit in a tin in a drawer. That collection for Inspector Gadget was pretty good. Two pieces were recalled, I believe, so I had to end up ordering the pieces off of E-Bay to complete the doll. It is neat though. Never saw the movie, though.

Another collection that I loved were the little, I guess they were all vehicles with characters on them. You look through them and see a Disney scene, from one of their anniversaries. I didn't complete that set. Kills me!!! I forget which one I am missing but I know I am missing one.

I also collected Mulan, Bug's Life, Tarzan, Little Mermaid, Snow White.

Darn it if the kids got tired of McDonald's. {No wonder, huh?;) }

Lost Boy
03-05-2002, 08:15 PM
I remember the one with the little ride vehicles with the characters in them. I got the entire display with all the vehicles at a convention and added lights that blink hidden behind the display so that the fireworks behind the Castle flash on and off. Also put some lights in the castle. It really looks nice. I got all the ones with glasses and the ones with the miniature video cases with the little characters inside. A lot of the stuff from McDonalds in really neat, and sometimes it stinks. Also Burger King comes up with some really neat things, like the recent Lord of the Rings promo toys and mugs. Those are really nice. Got the whole set of figures and all four light up mugs. Really an impresseive toy set as all the toys either light up, talk or both. And they all snap into a center Ring piece that makes them all work by turning the ring. Really clever, but since the are so cheap, you have to make a base to put them on and glue them down so they stay put when you turn the Ring. But it is an impressive display.
Is the Peter Pan promo over already. If not, just go to your nearest biggest McDonalds and talk to the manager. Sometimes the managers are very aware of the Disney Collectors and will keep several sets around even after the promo has ended. And if they are cool, they will not charge you an arm and a leg for them but the regulear price that seems to range from $1.69 to $1.98 depending on the store. Buy a regular meal if it makes you points with the manager. Most of them are pretty cool.

MouseWife
03-05-2002, 08:35 PM
My gosh. I didn't know there were others like me!!

Well, of course, your collection is amazing while mine is
just what I can put together.

The kids more help me to complete my collections than anything.
Hubby always just asks me 'Why?' That is why I didn't try to get the Peter Pan toys when they came out. I would ask where the kids wanted to eat, trying to lean towards Mickey 'D's but no one wanted to go there.

Oh my gosh. I have a lot of those books as well. Not a set, I don't think.

But, I try. :)

Most people know that if they are missing a toy to call me.

Oh, I know, did you complete the Tarzan set? It connected together as the Lord of The Rings set. I can't remember, I don't think I did. I think I am missing two pieces. That was pretty cool because it was like the domino effect. One piece would make the next do it's action.

Do you have a website to display you collection?

Lost Boy
03-05-2002, 09:56 PM
I only got certain peices of the Tarzan set, I think. Most of it is packed away now for the move. I am an avid toy and action figure collector. It runs to more than Disney, but Disney stuff kind of overpowers everything else. But I collect a lot of MacFarlanes Spawn figures and the New Stan Winston Action Figures. Of course any toy that relates to Disneyland (and unfortunately there are not enough) like the Die Cast Ride Vehicles. I have all of those except for a couple that just came out and are really specific to WDW and Not both. But they are nice addtions. Of course I have the Train and Monorail sets and the Calif Screamin' Toy Coaster. That was something to put together. All day saturday and over 9 feet long when done. Left if up for a month or so then had to take it down to make room in my room. It is very big and I am hoping that I can display it in the new Apartment. And the Train and Monorail as well. A whole Apartment to myself to do with what I want. You can't imagine. I have so much stuff even my stuff has stuff, to quite George Carlin.

And no, I have no web site. Designing a web page is just to complicated for me. I can figure out most anything about computers (I have been around the and working on them and with them since the first IBM 1401 came out years ago. But Web Design is way beyond me. I wouldnt know where to start.

Maybe some day when I have some time.:eek:

MouseWife
03-06-2002, 05:32 AM
Me, too, about the webpage. Our provider allows us so much space {?} but I don't get it and basically don't want to. Sometimes just what we have on this computer gives me trouble.

Wow. That is fantastic that you can display your collections. I used to collect porcelain dolls, didn't have a big collection, tried to get at least one each year. I couldn't take what it did to my nerves having the kids and their friends running around.

I also would love to order those little figurines of Winnie the Pooh but same story.

Whoa, take care of your 'stuff' during your move!!

Yeah, my 'stuff' is pretty special to me. I did see George Carlin about 'stuff'. When I make cracks about it, people don't get it.

slaakker
03-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Lost Boy,

Many of us would love to see some of your collection. I don't put together web pages either but I have an idea. There are websites that you can upload pictures to for free and share them. Try out Photoisland.com if you are willing.

As always, thanks for your posts.

Lost Boy
03-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Maybe after I moved (now scheduled for the first part of April) and have the place set up the way I want it I will take pictures and videos to share. It will take some time though as I have a lot of designing to do as I want everything just right.

MouseWife
03-06-2002, 08:15 PM
I second that!!!

I would love to see your collection.

I can wait. ;)

JRob2k1
03-06-2002, 08:36 PM
Lost Boy -

I remember WAY back in the day of you talking about your scale model of the Indiana Jones Attraction. I would love to see a picture of that beauty if you ever get the chance.....

Also, glad to hear such a positive trip report....I'm happy that you had such a good time!

-JRob