PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Treat!

vmjess
10-04-2005, 07:41 AM
I just got back from a 5 day trip with my DH and 5 anf 7 year old sons- I will post a trip report later, but wanted to share what happened to us at the 9 pm Fantasmic show on Saturday.

We showed up to get spots for the show an hour early at 8 pm to find the whole riverfront area jam packed- there were no good seats left and almost no bad seats left either! By 8:25 we were giving up and were leaving with the plan to try and catch the 10:30 pm show ( Not smart with two tired kids! ) when we were approched by a man who told my husband to follow him. He led us to the front section of the seating and introduced us to his wife who led us to the edge of the water. They had taped down a tarp at 2:30 pm and sat there all day, then let a couple families with small children in to sit there with them!! My kids had the best seats in the house front and center up against the rail on the water. It was a fantastic show, and the most magical thing that happend to us this entire trip. We stayed to watch the fireworks in the same spot and they were awesome too.

When we thanked the couple ( Brad and Jan!! ) they just said all we ask is that you do something nice for someone else. What a great experince for my boys and a great lesson as well. They spent the rest of the trip being nice to others and looking for ways to help people out. If you are out there Brad and Jan- Thank you for the disney magic!!!!

TikiGeek
10-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Nice story! There are a lot of good people in the world - sometimes we forget. :)

TowerofTerror
10-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Yes those people are great people. Well I know them Brad and Jan do it all the time. Well I take it this was Saturday October 2nd

Alice Fan
10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
What a fantasic story! Disneyland IS "The Happiest Place On Earth", after all!

SandraVB79
10-04-2005, 11:57 PM
About Fantasmic: I REFUSE to give up "half" of my day at Disney, to go sit and wait for Fantasmic. What I usually do (usually = during my past 3 trips, and will do during my upcoming trip) is come in at the last moment, go to that "bridge" and squeeze myself within the boundaries of the rope (I have always been there by myself) You have a pretty decent view from there, and don't loose time. By the way, as so many people are waiting for Fantasmic, other rides are rather calm!!!

Oh, I hope now all of you won't do that when I will be there, or there won't be any room on the bridge for me! ;-)

Clotho
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I have to say that this trip was my first time seeing Fantasmic, and I was so excited to see it! We went about 90 minutes before the show, and got a spot right by the light pole at the NO end of the bridge, so we were a little higher than the waterfront crew, but surely had no other options as it was already packed! We waited and waited, and had crabby people all around us. But I was stalwart in my plan to finally see Fantasmic (missed in on my past 3-4 trips).

I was disappointed.

I mean, it was fun and all, but not worth that kind of wait for me. :( Sorry for all the Fantasmic fans--I am GLAD YOU LOVE IT. but I didn't. And I kept thanking my lucky stars that I didn't pay $57 a head to get "special seating". Unless the fruit and cheese plates were amazing, I would have felt cheated.

I won't be making a point to see it again in the future. :/ too much trouble for too little return.

Before I sign off on this, i do have to say that at some points during the show I was totally wowed! I mean, impressed like no other Disney show I have seen. but that was a few moments in a time period which included the entire show plus a long, tiring, irritating wait to try and save a decent spot. Just wasn't worth it to me.

PrincessAmie
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
That is an awesome story Valerie. They gave up their day for others. We could learn a lot from them. :) Thank you for sharing that with us.

Clotho
10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
OOPS! Meant to post this in the "reserved seating" discussion! Sorry!

AcuraTL
10-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Wow, what a nice couple. I just had a tear. :crying:

Rhiannon8404
10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
That is so great! It's people like that who help make Disneyland truly magical.