PDA

View Full Version : Flying into Long Beach vs John Wayne Question

Mommy2NicknMax
10-04-2005, 07:10 AM
I've only flown into John Wayne Airport but I'm finding better prices for Long Beach for my Dec. trip. Is Long Beach a good choice for going to DLR? Is it to far or to much trouble to get a shuttle? Also, does anyone know roughly what the shuttle from LB to DLR would cost?

Thanks so much! :)

Leap for Joy
10-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Mommy2NicknMax! I did a quick search for 'Long Beach Airport' and found several threads. I couldn't decide which one was best to link to, so you might do the same search and scan through. It looks like there are plenty of options for transportation, and the size of your group is the determining factor for whether a shuttle, taxi, or limo is the best choice. I hope you have a great trip!

seattlemouse
10-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I've flown into LGB twice for a DLR visit. I love this airport. One of my shuttle drivers called it the best kept secret in LA because it's small enough to get in and out of quickly yet close to everything. You can reserve super shuttle or just walk up to them at the airport. Go for LGB if it's cheaper than SNA.

tlovesdis
10-04-2005, 08:02 AM
We fly from Oakland to Long Beach and we love it! It is a very small airport and very easy to get in and out of. A taxi is about $35. Not sure about how much a shuttle is, but I know Super Shuttle goes there. We take a limo!

JW is about 15 miles from the DLR, LB is about 18!

Crazy4DL
10-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Mommy2NickandMax, we have flown twice in the last year or so from Seattle to Long Beach. It is great. Small airport. Much less scary with little kids in tow if you ask me. Close to Disneyland - seems like it only took about 20 - 30 minutes. We rented cars one time and caught a shuttle the other.

rentayenta
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Long Beach rocks! Depending on when you are traveling, you can take side streets to DL and bypass all of the freeway traffic.:)