PDA

View Full Version : December entertainment schedule?

spacemountain85
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Any word on the December entertainment schedule? I'm thinking of going midweek the week before Christmas (Dec 20-22), but I'll reschedule if that means missing Remember and the Electrical Parade. It seems like that week should be "on season" or like summer, I'm just not 100% sure.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the fireworks will be the regular Remember show with "White Christmas" and soapy snow at the end?

Darkbeer
10-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Since Disneyland is scheduled to close at Midnight every day of the week starting Monday, December 18th, that is saying "Peak", and you should get the Electrical Parade every day (DCA will close at 9 that week).

Remember starts daily showings on Friday, November 11th, so that won't be an issue. And, as of Nov. 11th, they will have the snow effect as a special ending for the fireworks.

DangerMouse
10-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! I've been looking for this exact information!

spacemountain85
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Thank-you Darkbeer! This is one of those things where I was 99% sure, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere.

miss bianca
10-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Whats the deal with the Fireworks in December? Will it be the Christmas Version or the new 50th ones?

pisces
10-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm praying for Christmas, and nobody knows until they officially announce it.

Darkbeer
10-04-2005, 10:35 AM
It will be "Remember...Dreams come True" Fireworks show, but at the end of the show, they will add one song (rumored to be White Christmas), and offer the snow effect. It has been offically announced, and is listed on the schedules at Disneyland.com.

The Christmas Parade starts Friday, November 18th. Norammly you will have one Parade of Dreams at 3 PM, then two showings of the Christmas Parade at 5:15 PM, and 7:45 PM.

sancho
10-04-2005, 10:40 AM
so, it is true. no christmas at the resort this year?

pisces
10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
It will be "Remember...Dreams come True" Fireworks show, but at the end of the show, they will add one song (rumored to be White Christmas), and offer the snow effect. It has been offically announced, and is listed on the schedules at Disneyland.com.

The Christmas Parade starts Friday, November 18th. Norammly you will have one Parade of Dreams at 3 PM, then two showings of the Christmas Parade at 5:15 PM, and 7:45 PM.

That's for November. There's nothing listed in terms of fireworks for December--- yet.

Darkbeer
10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
^The Christmas fireworks have always started in early November....

Here is some more info...

I was looking at the Disneyland.com calendar, and they have posted the start of the Christmas events.

Remember... Dreams come True will be offered Nightly, starting Friday, November 11th. The normal 9:25 PM start on most nights, 7:45 PM on nights the park closes at 8 PM. The snow effect will be offered, more than likely they will just add the song White Christmas to the end of the fireworks.

The Christmas Parade will start Friday, November 18th. There will be one showing of the Parade of Dreams at 3 PM, and then two showings of the Christmas Parade at 5:15 and 7:45 PM on most nights.

On nights the park closes at 8 PM, The Parade of Dreams will be offered at 4:30 PM, and the Christmas Parade at 6:30 PM.

At DCA, Aladdin will remain at 5 days a week (due to casting issues), but they will add Block Party Bash parades on Monday and Tuesday (normally dark) during the peak weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Christmas Peak will start on Friday December 16th, and go thru Monday, January 2nd. While the schedule of events are not yet posted for this time, the Electrical Parade should be offered nightly at DCA on these days, along with Fantasmic! at Disneyland.

What is interesting is the hours the first week of January, as they are currently showing the normal off-season hours starting Tuesday, January 3rd, even though many schools will be on vacation that week. Here are a few selected large SoCal schedules.

(Note, the following is just the "Traditional/Single Track" schedule, as most school districts have multiple schedules, but most match up for the holidays.)

San Diego Unified -

Winter Recess - December 19th thru December 30th

Spring Recess - April 10th thru the 14th

Anaheim -

Winter Recess - December 26th thru January 6th

Spring Recess - April 17th thru the 21st

Los Angeles Unified -

Winter Recess - December 19th thru January 6th

Spring Recess - April 10th thru the 14th

Riverside Unified -

Winter Recess - December 19th thru December 30th

Spring Recess - April 3rd thru the 7th

pisces
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Apparently, they are considering the MSEP a Christmas thing, and that's certainly not starting in November.

Also, I found this right on the Disneyland website, when I punched in "fireworks" in their search engine:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/christmasHoliday/detail?name=SPChristmasHolidayPage

I don't know if that was left over from last year, but I tend to think they'd take it down by now, if those things weren't happening, as many people book according to info presented.

Here's hoping it's true.

sancho
10-04-2005, 11:05 AM
i think that bets should be made. the winner will get all the candy canes he can handle. the loser will be mocked until darkbeer's throat is hoarse.

pisces
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Until I see the exact schedule......I'm not assuming anything.

But, Disney is usually very good about updating their site.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/christmasHoliday/detail?name=SPChristmasHolidayPage

Even with the posted schedule, nothing is guaranteed.