PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Random Experience

DisneylandBoy
03-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Have you ever had a REALLY random experience at the DLR?

My most random experience is my first time in DCA. My friends and I were getting off GRR when we saw this giant "vine" lady walking around. She walked around and wrapped herself around a pole. Now that I look back, I realize it was part of the theming and was really cool . . . but when it actually happened it was the most random thing ever!

DisneyFiend
03-04-2002, 07:45 PM
I have a pic of the vine lady here (http://www.pbase.com/image/953339)

She definitely shocked us when we saw her. We were in the outdoor playground thing. We were walking along one of the trails, came around a corner, and she was just standing there. We all took a picture with her.

MonorailMan
03-05-2002, 02:50 AM
FYI! Her name is DeVine! ;)

Duo Maxwell
03-06-2002, 11:17 PM
My most random experience happened in the summer of 1995. I was walking through Tomorrowland, when a small group of Japanese tourists wanted me to take a picture with them.

Morrigoon
03-06-2002, 11:23 PM
That reminds me of an experience. I was getting on Star Tours, and in my row was a handful of Japanese businessmen in suits. Just my luck, the one next to me was a big fat guy (I'm hardly petite myself, so imagine the crowding!). Anyway, he was having a bit of trouble with his seatbelt I guess, so he looks over at mine... reaches over, GRABS this belt (already attached and across my LAP!) and tugs it! Boy our cultures' definitions of personal space are really different!

(Think about this... I was a young teenage girl, and this guy is touching a seatbelt that's sitting across my LAP!)

Nigel2
03-06-2002, 11:30 PM
When I use to hang out at the hotel in the mornings (pre DCA and DTD) I would constantly be asked to take photos of guests. Random... well once I was with a friend and we were on GRR and were on oposite sides of the boat so we decided to bet on who would get the splash on their side (when the spin was working all the time). It ended in a tie:mad:

Duo Maxwell
03-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
That reminds me of an experience. I was getting on Star Tours, and in my row was a handful of Japanese businessmen in suits. Just my luck, the one next to me was a big fat guy (I'm hardly petite myself, so imagine the crowding!). Anyway, he was having a bit of trouble with his seatbelt I guess, so he looks over at mine... reaches over, GRABS this belt (already attached and across my LAP!) and tugs it! Boy our cultures' definitions of personal space are really different!

(Think about this... I was a young teenage girl, and this guy is touching a seatbelt that's sitting across my LAP!)

I hear ya there. I realize that in some cultures, personal space is a foreign concept, and that on any given day, Disneyland is visited by many different cultures, but I still get a little nervous (and, on occasion, slightly claustrophobic) when someone crowds me. There are only two reasons I'd be comfortable with someone being that close to me. One would be if that person was my Siamese twin, and I'll let you use your imagination for the other one.