PDA

View Full Version : February Holidays

GeminiAngel
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
What week is more crowded? The week leading up to President's Day weekend? or the week after?

In the case of this coming year, the week before is also a holiday, Valentine's day. Does that make a difference in attendence? :confused:

stan4d_steph
10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Valentine's Day is not a holiday in the sense that people get the day off. The week containing President's Day will likely be more crowded than the week before it. Some schools get the whole week off instead of just a long weekend.

GeminiAngel
10-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks so much. I remember feb 2004 we went the first week of the month, and the kids in Calif. were off for some teacher thing. We only had 2 days, and it was crowded. thank you.

disneyhound
10-04-2005, 04:58 AM
What week is more crowded? The week leading up to President's Day weekend? or the week after?...
We were at DL a couple years back for 5-days that included the President's 3-day weekend. It was far more crowded that other non-holiday weekends. We were bummed due to the longer wait times than we are used to for the off-season.

snoopyfan
10-04-2005, 05:06 AM
All schools in Tucson are off Feb. 23-24 (Thurs. & Fri.) for Rodeo vacation. Tons of Tucson people head to DL for that whole week. Just thought you might want to know.

eryn
10-04-2005, 05:18 AM
I also plan on coming around the last of jan/early feb. Does anyone know how, if possible, i can find out about things like teachers confrences or other factors that will make that a busy time?

junglemom
10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
what's it like around Super Bowl, that's when we are thinking of coming.

GeminiAngel
10-06-2005, 08:50 AM
based on the info you guys gave and on some other ppl I know. We are going the week before pres. day. thanks guys.