PDA

View Full Version : How many rides possible in a day?

Rykdean
10-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Going to be at the park next week beginning on Wednesday, trying to get a realistic idea of how many rides we can expect to get in on a typical weekday. I think the hours are 10-8p. Given the fact that we'll have two kids, 11 and 13 who have never been there before, is it reasonable to expect to be able to take in 10-12 rides in that amount of time? Jungle Cruise, Indy, Splash, HM, Space, Matterhorn, etc.

Should I expect to get on more rides than that? ... Fewer? We want to do as much as possible on the weekday, so we won't be so affected by the crowds, come Friday and Saturday.

Thanks!

G-Ville Knee-Kill
10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Well, I'm 21, so this is for me and my family, brother and parents, we could easily get , say Indy, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Haunted Mansion done by noon, depending on lines, But thats speaking from going in August for the past 3 years, Which is pretty busy. If you get there early, go on what you think would be longest first. Almost always, for me anyways, thats splash. But then you have the whole, "I dont want to get wet that early." scenario, so if you can handle being wet, do that, but i would say you can get a lot of rides in if you really want to, meals will always slow you down. But you could definitley hit those plus anything else you really want to do. The way I do it is really go for what you want to do your first day, then just do everything else and those over again. That way you do what you want and if for some reason you don't have time or a chance to do something else its no big deal. But thats five right there, i would say you could get to at least 12 in a day.

lauramaynot
10-03-2005, 03:20 PM
off season is a great time for a day trip because lines are usually short - some walk on's. Last week we did everything in Fantasyland in about 1 1/2 hours except for storybook land. We rode splash, pooh, potc, big thunder, space mtn, watched billy hill, spent time in innoventions, went to DCA for soarin, tot, and grr. We arrived at opening (9am it was sunday) and left at 4:30 pm. If we had stayed to closing we could have done even more but that is still a lot to do in one day and we have gotten much lesurely since we have gone so much this year.
If you want to really push it I am sure you can do just about every ride (though not all the attractions) in one day. One of my favorites ways to do it is enter adventureland (but saving the tiki room for later) and work through to new orleans square back through critter country, coming back through frontierland, to fantasyland via big thunder trail, through fantasyland to tomorrowland and then back to the hub usually hitting tiki room on the way out and of course doing the mainstreet both on the way in and again on the way out. We have ridden every ride this way but if you want/need FP which you probably won't this time of the year (except maybe for SM) you will have to adjust the schedule or send a runner for your whole group.
Have fun.:D

lauramaynot
10-03-2005, 03:27 PM
sorry multiple posts

SandraVB79
10-05-2005, 12:23 AM
I once managed to do EVERY ride in Disneyland in 1 day! And it was July, so there were a lot of people. I also managed to see the parade and Fantasmic that day.

How did I do it? Eat snacks while you wait in line and don't spend time having a decent lunch or dinner, run (more or less) from one attraction to the other.
But I am not sure whether this works if you are in a group with children; I was there alone...

Shadowcat
10-05-2005, 07:54 AM
When my family used to visit DL in the summer, we'd be there right when it opened and stay all day not leaving until the park closed. We always made it on every ride minus Casey's, Canel Boats, Dumbo and IASW (keep in mind this was before FastPass), and after that went on our favorites again at night. We had a pattern to our visit, which manage to include breakfast, lunch and dinner in the park (sitting down to eat, not eating in line). So it's totally realistic to ride everything you want to in one day. We did it every visit with time to spare.

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 08:01 AM
If you stay from open to close, you'll have 10 hours. You will be able to get in at least a dozen rides, if you use your time wisely. Hit fantasy land first thing in the AM, if you want to go on those rides. They get backed up early in the day, and the wait for Peter Pan and Dumbo easily goes over an hour in the afternoon. Get a fast pass for Space Mt. early in the day, it might run out if you wait until afternoon. The most crowded time of day in the park is from noon to 6pm. Your longest waits will be during those hours- so try to do as much before noon as you can! Then, head over to DCA and go on the big rides there, and return to DL in the evening to finish up.

If you really want to get the most of your day, you might want to check into www.ridemax.com We will be there the same days as you. I've purchased ridemax and the numbers are looking pretty good. Most days we can hit a lot of rides in the morning and evening, leaving the afternoon free for swim and nap time.

Rykdean
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the input. Looks like we should be able to do most everything we want to. Hopefully the crowds will be as light as expected. Now the only decision.. head to Aventureland or Tomorrowland first. (a good problem to have I guess... no bad choice) :D

MermaidHair
10-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I want to second what hbltimes2 said and suggest Ridemax. I have not used it but it really sounds great to me.

What I have used in the past, however, was the touring plans in the back of the book "The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" that you can get at the library or bookstore. When I took my DH for the first time back in 1999 we were able to hit all the rides we wanted to and then some. We did skip most, but not all, of the Fantasyland rides and this was before fastpass so maybe you can do it all, before you collapse!

Have fun:)

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Go to Tomorrowland first. If nothing else, grab a fast pass for Space. They run out early and if you dont get one first thing in the morning you risk not getting one. And, if they dont run out, you can get another one in the afternoon. And, remember, you dont have to use the fastpass in the hour window it gives you. Just return after the starting return time.

hlbtimes2
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I just put the following rides into ridmax for Fri. Oct. 14th

Indy
Space
star tours
Buzz
Splash Mt.
Pooh
Big thunder
matterhorn
HM
Jungle cruise
Pirates

That is 11 rides. They have me scheduled to do most of them between 9am and 1:15pm, leaving just Pooh and Splash for the evening after 8 pm. So, I should be able to do 11 rides, have a big (7 hour) break mid day, and be done in time for the fireworks and F!. We will use part of the break for lunch, swimming, naps, and the parade- in addition to a few more rides!

TowerofTerror
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
well can do 40 or so rides in a 10 hour day at Disneyland

hlbtimes2
10-06-2005, 07:21 AM
40 rides in 10 hours? That seems a bit extreme to me. That would be 4 rides per hour. That isnt allowing much time to stand in line, ride the ride, then walk to the next ride. And it allows NO time for meals, potty breaks, shows, parades, etc. I think the number would be closer to 1/2 of that- and even that you would be going at a pretty good pace, and not allowing much down time.