PDA

View Full Version : Let's write to company...

scotnca
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Hello all:
Now that Eisner has left to go on to hold purse strings elsewhere let's make an effort to get things done at Disneyland Resort to make it better and help Imagineering in rehabs. and planning!
On my recent visits I talked to several cast members and was surprised by their blunt responses to how the parks are managed.
1. Tom Sawyer Island is in bad shape. The Fort is closed and as I was told is termite ridden and fallen apart and apparently they plan to keep it that way! Several paths are also eroding and the bathrooms on the island are in very bad shape. With the fort closed, no food or drinks are available.
2. Jungle Cruise: did they really do much there? The alligators are hiding and non-operational; a cobra is missing; the elephants are full of moss and discolored; they moved the baboons from the water falls near the African section and they now look totally out of place.
3. Star Tours: new show need...new show needed!
4. We want the People Mover back!!!
5. Small World: discolored from train smoke! Needs paint and redesign near train station so that it doesn't get that soot on the building. Inside looks a little shabby and like it needs a boost and fixing.
5. Pirates: I know that's going to be rehabbed soon and hope that they fix the chipping paint on the ceiling as you enter over the Parrot at least!
6. Bring back the Big Thunder BBQ!
7. Put an attraction (something not for toddlers) in the Festival arena.
...And now California Adventure Park:
The Timon Parking should be taken out and the area expanded with rides and attraction.
Employees at the park have told me that they'd like to see the "Rockin' Rollercoaster" somewhere...That would be great!
I'd like to see a move, a little, away from the PIXAR theme and more Disney. How about The Great Movie Ride???? Perhaps in the spot where "Who's Wants to Be a Millionaire" was???
The California Screamin Coaster should be re-opened but, of course, has to be safe and should be re-painted...It look shabby at the moment and the area is very lacking with theme!
California Adventure will also need some sort of shows and events to draw people...Something in the awe of Fantastic.

As you can see I has lots of ideas and notice flaws, but that's only because I love the park and hate to see it degraded by corporate polices that have been put in place.
Ask yourself if Disney would have encouraged this?
The main focus at Disney seems to have been in the past 20 years to give as much $$$ to Walt Disney World and build parks outside the U.S.
What about the original???
They celebrate it now at 50 years old, but after that what will happen?
I encourage us all to write Walt Disney corporate, Disneyland corporate offices and Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale.

Thanks all for reading my rant but as I said, I care about my Disneyland!
Scott

Vegitabeta
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Didn't IASW used to be coloured?

DianeM
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
It's amazing... I was just at DL a few weeks ago, and I didn't notice any of the shabbiness you desribe. Of course, I wasn't on Tom Sawyer's Island, and didn't ride IASW. But I did ride Pirates... three times, and ate at the blue bayou, and didn't notice peeling paint or anything. DL looked just as lovely as ever to me. I gues it's just perspective.

tod
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Didn't IASW used to be coloured?

Yes, but the original colo(u)r scheme was white, with colo(u)red lights to be shone on it at night.

--t

G-Ville Knee-Kill
10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Rockin Rollercoaster, I really don't think so since California Screamin is very similiar, just not in the dark. I think it's time for something new. Someone else had mentioned a Buzzlightyear roller coaster somewhere on some board in the parking lot, i think that would be a good idea, but, yes, some kind of roller coaster i entirely agree with you. I think the idea was like a laying down one, could be cool Also, I say lose everything beyond the sun wheel meaning, the orange stinger to the one that is the rotating rockets. I never even think about going on those rides and i really don't think they go up to Disney standards. They could use that space for a great Disney attraction. Then lose the movie that is not really important at all. Can't say i've gone on it but my friends for some reason sat through it and said it wasn't worth going to. They have space there to do a dark ride possibly. Something better. I really like CA, i just wish they made it really worth going to, instead there are just a few choice rides, and with Screamin down, theres not much of a reason to go to it. Back to Disneyland. Star Tours. Yes. yes. YES! Oh my god they have to change that ride. Technology, film, everything is just too old. I loved it as a kid, but now i just feel as they can do so many things. Pod Races, The hover bikes that were in Return of the Jedi, The snow battle in Empire, Man, you could even change the route of the death star battle and i think i would be happy. Just change it. I personally would like the Rocket Rods to come back. However, the 2 hour line can stay out. So if that means bringing back the people movers, do it. Whatever happened to those anyways? The rocket Rods i mean. Does anyone know? Sorry, I feel as though all the shabby things you say are merely mandatory and should just be kept up anyways. I havent been there for a year so i would have to take your word on the shabby state there in.:~D

ILovePoker
10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Honestly, don't bother sending a petition scottnca. The Disney company (very bluntly put) knows a heck of alot more than you do. They have a budget to follow and all the demands you make, make it seem like they have an unlimited budget. Disneyland and California Adventure are fine and don't bother wasting your time on writing a petition because it will fall on deaf ears.

Rhiannon8404
10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I would certainly like to see Tom Sawyers Island refurbished. I would like to see the fort repaired (or replaced with the same thing, but new). I have such fun memories of that area as a child. It's fun to go now, but not the same. I loved the Fort.

Mickey
10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Change and refurbish the Snow White ride!!!!!!!!! LOL

DangerMouse
10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Wait, wasn't Jungle Cruise just refurbished? I think it looks great. I'm interested to see what the new Eisner-free era brings. . .

JookyG
10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I am a huge proponent of writing letters. In this age of quickie emails and worthless online petitions, a hard-copy letter put in an envelope with a stamp and sent by snail mail makes a huge impact! I can't say whether my gambit will work, but I know the value of a snail mail letter is at least 10 times the value of an email or a name on an online petition.

I just wrote to Disneyland to tell them they need to bring back the Electrical Parade this Christmas for longer than 2 weeks (since I'll miss it otherwise). I also had my 3 other travel companions do the same. It may be a drop in the bucket, but at least they know four people cared enough to make the effort. If they get enough of these letters, it could make a difference. And I know they're listening because I got a personally-drafted letter in reply. Not a form letter, either--a human took the time to address several points I had made, print it out and send it by first class mail.

Send your letters to:

Disneyland® Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

mckygirl99
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Rockin Rollercoaster, I really don't think so since California Screamin is very similiar, just not in the dark. I think it's time for something new. Someone else had mentioned a Buzzlightyear roller coaster somewhere on some board in the parking lot, i think that would be a good idea, but, yes, some kind of roller coaster i entirely agree with you.

Didn't I hear that they are thinking of making a new E-ticket ride at DCA based on the new movie Cars that is supposed to be coming out in a year or so? Someone had mentioned that they should stay clear of more Pixar based attactions but I think it is better than just copying what they have at WDW. It's nice to have something that is original here and something new to experience there! Just my opinion...

DangerMouse
10-03-2005, 05:01 PM
I am a huge proponent of writing letters. In this age of quickie emails and worthless online petitions, a hard-copy letter put in an envelope with a stamp and sent by snail mail makes a huge impact! I can't say whether my gambit will work, but I know the value of a snail mail letter is at least 10 times the value of an email or a name on an online petition.

I just wrote to Disneyland to tell them they need to bring back the Electrical Parade this Christmas for longer than 2 weeks (since I'll miss it otherwise). I also had my 3 other travel companions do the same. It may be a drop in the bucket, but at least they know four people cared enough to make the effort. If they get enough of these letters, it could make a difference. And I know they're listening because I got a personally-drafted letter in reply. Not a form letter, either--a human took the time to address several points I had made, print it out and send it by first class mail.

Send your letters to:

DisneylandŽ Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

So Jooky, what was their response? Do you think another letter would really make a difference? I want to see the EP in Dec as well, but it starts 4 days after we leave. Hmmmmpf!

DisneyBob
10-03-2005, 05:29 PM
What about addressing concerns directly to corporate in Burbank? Does anybody have a mailing address for corporate?

DISNEYfied
10-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I think the Cars themed attraction is for Disneyland Paris... and if they do put it in here.. it would probably take the place of Autopia when the Cheveron sponsorship expires. (I personally hope they don't do this... Autopia is an original after all...) As for the Buzz themed coaster, I think its an Incredibles themed coaster in what is now the Timon parking lot. I also read somewhere that ideas are being tossed around for "Fantasmic!: The 15th Anniversary Edition" in 2007, so I would think any remodeling of Tom Sawyers would correllate with that. As much as I would like to see Rock N' Rollercoaster here, it IS really similar to Screamin'. I hope Disney takes into consideration that the reason a lot of thier attractions become classics is because they have a "story" or life to them that other theme parks don't offer (that lately has been lacking, but has been promised to return with the opening of Expedition Everest next year). We'll see what Disney has up its sleeves in the years to come.

matt5172
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
What about addressing concerns directly to corporate in Burbank? Does anybody have a mailing address for corporate?

I got these from D-Troops (http://www.d-troops.com):

Mr. Bob Iger
500 South Buena Vista
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. James A. (Jay) Rasulo
President of Walt Disney Attractions
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. Marty Sklar
President of Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221
Phone: (818) 544-7251

Mr. Phil Holmes, Vice President
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Pirate Princess
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I'll support anything that involves the People Mover.
(Wiping sentimental tear from eye.)

FatAl
10-04-2005, 06:49 AM
My experiences with big corporations are that "your comments" seldom count. Once in a long while, their PR department will spread the news about due to popular demand. Yeah, and I am forcing myself to believe it too.

Your comment will never reach the top. It is handled by junior and senior executives (known as GOFERs) and filtered its way up.

The one effective weapon that ordinary consumer has is to vote with your pocket book. In my case, I am not going to buy any computer and PDA from the companies starting with H and D, I am not going to buy any consumer products starting with SO.

BUT I will go to Disneyland regardless because I truly enjoy the place enough to ignore lots of 'little' things.

G-Ville Knee-Kill
10-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Oh, it was Incredibles? Well, whatever. Really as long as it's a good ride. Something really great, like space, matterhorn, Big thunder. I really don't even see the necesity of Buzz Lightyear or Incredibles theme. None of the Disney coasters have a theme and I love all of them. And especially because it's in CA. I thought they tried to keep as much of the Disney characters out of Ca as possible. Well as long as it's not like Gadgets go-coaster or the Barnstormer, or whatever it's called in Florida. The 15 second rollercoasters. Something different. I can't remember how much space they have to work with though, so I guess that's what it's going to come down to.

JookyG
10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
My experiences with big corporations are that "your comments" seldom count. Once in a long while, their PR department will spread the news about due to popular demand. Yeah, and I am forcing myself to believe it too.

Your comment will never reach the top. It is handled by junior and senior executives (known as GOFERs) and filtered its way up.

The one effective weapon that ordinary consumer has is to vote with your pocket book. In my case, I am not going to buy any computer and PDA from the companies starting with H and D, I am not going to buy any consumer products starting with SO.

BUT I will go to Disneyland regardless because I truly enjoy the place enough to ignore lots of 'little' things.

Well I'm not going to vote with my dollar when it comes to visiting Disneyland because that's contrary to my purpose. But I'm also not a defeatist and don't believe that my comment won't be heard. Sure, Iger may never read it, but even if my opinion only gets counted as a tick-mark on a spreadsheet, it will have had its desired effect.

That's what happens when you write to your senators--they don't care what your comment is; they only care about your stand on a certain issue, and they add a tick mark to the 'for' or 'against' column. That's all I want. I just want my vote to be heard. If they're willing to pay someone to write me a personalized letter in return, then I know they're counting my vote at the very least, and then I don't have to vote with my dollar or my feet. If Disney was a company that didn't care what I thought, why would they pay someone to write me back, being the cheapskates that they are???

Besides, companies that don't listen to their customers don't stay around very long. The fact that Disneyland has been around 50 years proves that they are successful at giving their audiences what they want, even if that doesn't satisfy a relatively fringe request like mine.

Keep those letters going, folks! They DO make a difference. If you don't believe it, try writing letters to the makers of some of your favorite products. You might be surprised by some of the replies, coupons and special offers you get in return. When you get a reply in the mail, you'll know your opinion has been heard. Whether or not it makes the difference you were hoping for is another matter. But that's how voting works, right?

JookyG
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM
So Jooky, what was their response? Do you think another letter would really make a difference? I want to see the EP in Dec as well, but it starts 4 days after we leave. Hmmmmpf!

YES! Every letter counts! But skip the email and send a real, handwritten letter.

Their response was basically, "Thank you for writing...we appreciate your feedback and will forward it to the appropriate teams...etc." It was very non-committal, but the fact that they sent a personalized reply at all was very satisfying. It was obviously not an insert-name-here form letter, because they referenced several points I had made.

PLEEEEASE send them a letter! I read somewhere that the Electrical Parade wouldn't have returned at all this year if it weren't for an online petition. Phooey! If an online petition gets results, where people only have to type their name and click a button, imagine what would happen if Disney got a letter from every family that was going to miss the parade this year! Or even just half of them.

Pirate Princess
10-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Is there a People Mover petition (yeah.. I get stuck on one thing)?
If anyone has the web resources I am sure there would be plenty of names.

ToursbabeC3po
10-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Just wanted to let all of you know that by writing in this forum you are writing to the company. They read all of these post and there are people that get paid to read these boards. :~D

PrincessAmie
10-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Just wanted to let all of you know that by writing in this forum you are writing to the company. They read all of these post and there are people that get paid to read these boards. :~D

Oooo...I want that job! :D: