PDA

View Full Version : So who went to the 50th Mouseketeer show?

Pages : [1] 2

RStar
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
I just got back from Disneyland and being one of nearly 1000 Honorary Mouskateers creating the worlds largest Mousketeers Ears. It was fun!

They had a short celebration with 10 original Mousketeers, and we had things to do or say on que. Then we had gold pom-poms that, on que, we turned the old black mouse ears into gold ears.

Then they gave us breakfast in the Festival Arena.

Other than getting up at 4am, it was pretty fun.

Any one know how we can get a copy of the event? They filmed it, but I don't know where it will be shown.

~Bob

olegc
10-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I went too - and I was happy with the certificate and breakfast. The one-day park hopper - valid only on 10/3 (today!) - was kind of a waste. I truly appreciate the sentiment - but if we were AP holders already - why need it? My guess is so that you don't have to go back out and get your card swiped (to activate it for FastPass).

i tried to get one of the hat shops to put at least an 05 next to my name - no deal.

My guess is you won't get the official recording (unless you subscribe to Disney's PR website, or maybe on the 50th DVD whenever it finally gets released) but more than likely the common websites (Mouseplanet, VisionsFantastic, LaughingPlace, MouseInfo) will have pictures and/or their own video..

I had fun interacting with the folks on the "silk" who were all Block Party performers. It was neat to be a little part of 50th history - and not just a guest. however, I doubt there were 1000 of us - maybe 600 or so.

kikid
10-03-2005, 01:39 PM
My girlfriend and I arrived Sunday afternoon and went to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? What a treat, too much fun and laughter. (thanks MP for the suggestion) The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed, and had an early dinner at UVA bar. Great food and great service!
The Mouseketeer event was fun, and now I have respect for what actors must go through for hours on end. The hopper tkt had everyone confused as it was not explained in the beginning. I was soooo excited at first to think we were getting a 'Free' hopper. Oh well, the food was good!:D
Looking forward to the next Disney event
kikid

RStar
10-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Yes, it was neat to be part of recorded Disney History.

The park hopper ticket was because we were in the park with out being recorded as such. They didn't scan our passes, so they scanned in the comp tickets. This way we are counted as heads in the door. Also, you could use them to get fastpasses (but I doubt they cared about that).

The one thing they missed, is that if we had scanned at the gate we would of gotten the scratcher cards. Would have been nice of them to include those with the ticket. But some people would have then gotten another with the AP.

But yes, the certificate and food was great. I think it was well organized, and a great little look into show biz! I have much more respect for the Mouseketeers now!

P.S. I noticed I spelled MouskEteers wrong! Oops!

Darkbeer
10-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Here is a link to the official overhead photos (taken by Disney)

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/857098

I have a LOT of photos from the afternoon Calvacade honoring the Mouseketeers, they are being uploaded right now...

SCUBAbe
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I ahd to work, but even if I didn't I wouldn't have went....just not my cup of tea I guess. I'm glad everyone had fun..:)

RemainSeatedPlease
10-03-2005, 05:08 PM
We did not have the drive to get up early and go! But we did happen to see a tiny tiny bit from the princess shop side of the castle! Then I was all...oh yea shoulda got up earlier!

K & S
10-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Today was one of the best adventures I've had at Disneyland. It was great to be part of the show and to spend the morning with other people as crazy as myself.

K

Tinker Bell
10-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I just got home.It was a wonderfully day. To tired to write more sorry maybe later

Rhiannon8404
10-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Can someone tell me who the 10 Mouseketeers that were there were?

sunnydii
10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Absolutely great to be a part of Disney history in the making!! Such fun and it looks like we all got the cues memorized well since the 2 shows in the afternoon highlighted our responses from the audience for the "Original" Mouseketeers!
Cue the band!!! Yea, Green...hee hee...

tom522
10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Can someone tell me who the 10 Mouseketeers that were there were?

sherry,cubby, karen,don,doreen,cheryl,bobby,mary,tommy and sharon.

I did not know that Don later became the oldest son on My Three Sons. He is Don O'Grady.

LeslieM
10-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Enjoyed the pic, thanks for the link.

RStar
10-04-2005, 05:37 AM
...it looks like we all got the cues memorized well since the 2 shows in the afternoon highlighted our responses from the audience for the "Original" Mouseketeers!
I had to go to work, so I couldn't stay for the afternoon shows. What were they like?

K & S
10-04-2005, 07:18 AM
I had to go to work, so I couldn't stay for the afternoon shows. What were they like?

They were almost exactly like the one we were part of in the morning.

Woody
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/857098

I have a LOT of photos from the afternoon Calvacade honoring the Mouseketeers, they are being uploaded right now...

Darkbeer, thanks for posting the photos, we can always count on you! What a great time! Definitely a different Disneyland exprience! The Mousketeers were great, I lucky enough to be in the front row and they were cracking jokes and having fun. Doreen came around and shook hands, class act.

sunnydii
10-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah, there was one song they didn't do in the am...the Roundup...they had red hats and danced down into the audience...it was held in the Carnation Pavilion...good turnout for both shows...they seemed to enjoy the experience...like I said there were enough of us there to hit the cues and get the audience pumped!

sunnydii
10-04-2005, 08:42 AM
oops...red cowboy hats... :-)

TDBearGrrl
10-04-2005, 09:00 AM
I was in the purple group yesterda - left ear and it was great! We had a lot of fun. I will always treasure that memory!

MeelaneMouse
10-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Go purple ear!!!! I was also there. Had a great time!!!! Be careful...... Marilyn is watching!!!!

K & S
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Go purple ear!!!! I was also there. Had a great time!!!! Be careful...... Marilyn is watching!!!!

So was I, to bad we didn't plan to meet after the event.

I liked Marilyn, all she lacked was a whip.

CrazyTrain
10-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm so jealous of vall of who got to go! :( Glad it went so well!

RStar
10-04-2005, 01:27 PM
They were almost exactly like the one we were part of in the morning.
Thank you!

Go purple team! I'm the one in the picture Darkbeer posted, right ear (Purple team) on the edge by the path to Snow whites wishing well. From the tree that overlaps the ear, count five heads. My mouse ears line up with the curb. That's me. I also was the one with the diabetic wife that needed orange juice. She is in the picture right in front of me. She also had the chair colaps on her while having breakfast, and had security and a nurse over there. So she was the one lying on the ground in the festival area.

Now do you all know who I am?? ;)

K & S
10-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Thank you!

Go purple team! I'm the one in the picture Darkbeer posted, right ear (Purple team) on the edge by the path to Snow whites wishing well. From the tree that overlaps the ear, count five heads. My mouse ears line up with the curb. That's me. I also was the one with the diabetic wife that needed orange juice. She is in the picture right in front of me. She also had the chair colaps on her while having breakfast, and had security and a nurse over there. So she was the one lying on the ground in the festival area.

Now do you all know who I am?? ;)

I'm the person who gave your wife the tic-tacs.

RStar
10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh, I wanted thank you!

There were so many nice and helpfull people there, I knew a lot of them had to be from MP! I should have asked how many there were.

~Bob