PDA

View Full Version : October 26 - 29 - Busy?

Warped Reality
10-03-2005, 11:22 AM
This is my first post but I have been reading this message board for quite a while now. You guys have SO much good info and I'm thankful to have it! I'm going on my first trip to DL in about 10 years now and I was wondering if October 26 - 29th will be busier the normal since it is so close to Halloween?
Is this time of year normally busy because of the holiday stuff?

thanks in advance!

Matt

DangerMouse
10-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately, "normally" doesn't apply this year because of the 50th Celebration. From everything I have read recently, it appears October is going to be unusually busy. Also, DCA is having the Halloween party the last couple weekends of the month, which will make the parks more crowded. I would guess your first two days will be the least crowded.

ENJOY your trip!

Warped Reality
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Well... I heard it was going to be shut down that week, so everyone should stay home! *cough* *cough*

Ahh well.. that should be enough time to get on everything.. I also sprang for the AAA package and PP (since everything else was sold out) so I hope that AAA fast pass works well.

Thanks for all of the info!

DangerMouse
10-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Matt, you will do great with Enhanced FP. I bet that Wed and Thurs will be low crowds. The best way I have dealt with crowds is to make sure I am one of the first through the gates at opening which allows us to do a TON before the crowds arrive. Then take a long break in the afternoon to rest at your hotel and return in the evening.

ILovePoker
10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Expect capacity crowds! You might not get in.:~D

SandraVB79
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Do the "big crowd attractions" early in the morning: I used to be able to do Space Mountain, Big Thundermountain, Matterhorn AND Splash Mountain all between 8 am and 9 am! (I admit: I RAN from one attraction to the other, but at least I didn't have to wait in line for 200 minutes, like later on that day for Splash Mountain (this was July 2002))

Warped Reality
10-05-2005, 01:34 PM
A different question.. HOW long does it take to get your package in the mail normally? Granted i went through AAA to buy my whole deal, but it has been a month to a month and a half now! SHEEEESH! I hate it, I'm so excited to go and all I do is live on this site to see updates, news, pictures, and trip reports! Hahaha...

Thanks again.. not only for the advice but sharing all of your Disneyland memories and information.

Matt