PDA

View Full Version : Ton of DL questions

wedway755
10-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone, i am a 4 year CM at the magic kingdom in WDW, and on wed i will be fofilling my dream since i was 4 and going to disneyland. ive lived at breathed wdw for years now and cant waitto visit dl. i probley have 12 differnt DL parade/show/attraction dvd's. Infact, my friend always calls me "the person who knows the most about DL, but never been" lol anyway, i have a ton of questions?

1. can you get your pic on the matterhorn???
2. if you had to pick were to start you day would it be tomarrowland or adventureland?
3. how long of a walk is it from the disneyland hotel to DL and DCA
4. what is the best area in DCA? best attraction? best show?
5. what are the best shops in both parks?
6. are there random charcter sitings in DL and DCA?
7. Club 33......any chance of being able to check it out, even for a mintue, or even eat???8. what is the best resturant at DLH?
9. is the EP ripley still running??
10. what is the best band/act at DL?

thanks so much all Wedway755@yahoo.com matthew

ILovePoker
10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone, i am a 4 year CM at the magic kingdom in WDW, and on wed i will be fofilling my dream since i was 4 and going to disneyland. ive lived at breathed wdw for years now and cant waitto visit dl. i probley have 12 differnt DL parade/show/attraction dvd's. Infact, my friend always calls me "the person who knows the most about DL, but never been" lol anyway, i have a ton of questions?

1. can you get your pic on the matterhorn???
2. if you had to pick were to start you day would it be tomarrowland or adventureland?
3. how long of a walk is it from the disneyland hotel to DL and DCA
4. what is the best area in DCA? best attraction? best show?
5. what are the best shops in both parks?
6. are there random charcter sitings in DL and DCA?
7. Club 33......any chance of being able to check it out, even for a mintue, or even eat???8. what is the best resturant at DLH?
10. what is the best band/act at DL?

thanks so much all Wedway755@yahoo.com matthew
1. There is no onride photo for the Matterhorn.
2. I would pick Tomorrowland because lines may get longer during the day for Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and Autopia.
3. I heard around 10-15 minutes. Depends on how fast you walk.:D
4. I enjoy all parts of California Adventure but Golden State has really nice theming, plus they have Grizzly River Run and my favorite attraction, Soarin Over California.
5. There really are no BEST shops in the resort because they all pretty much sell the same things. Probably the most famous shop is the Emporium on Main Street in Disneyland.
6. There aren't really any random character sitings. Usually in California Adventure you'll see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto at the Entrance Plaza or the Hollywood Backlot. You'll also see other characters at the BackLot as well. Chip and Dale are sometimes at the Golden State near Grizzly River Run. For Disneyland, you'll usually find all the Main Characters at Toon Town but I usually see quite a few main characters in Main Street U.S.A. Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore are in Critter Country. Some others are found in Adventureland and Woody and Jesse are found in Frontierland. Buzz is usually found in Tomorrowland. I really wish all the characters would float from land to land instead of just staying in the same spot all year round. It would be great to get a picture of Minnie or Mickey standing at the Rivers of America with the Tom Sawyer Island backdrop.
7. There is no chance of being able to visit Club 33 if you are just a regular guest.
8. I hear Goofy's Kitchen is very good at the Disneyland Hotel.
9. Since I'm not sure about EP Ripley, I'm going to say No. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
10. Not too sure about the best band but Fantasmic is always good.

Susan L
10-02-2005, 09:44 PM
1. Only if you take it yourself.
2. We have a family ritual that goes back to the 60s. We take the train and circle the park once.
3. May-be 10 minutes. For DL take the monorail it is quicker. For DCA use the GCH entrance.
4. Best show - Aladdin. Best attraction - CA Screamin, Soarin of CA, Tower of Terror. Best area - I like them all.
5. I haven't found one yet I don't like.
6. Yes. There are character sightings all over the park.
7. Club 33, yeah right, good luck. DLH eats, we like Goofy's Kitchen, all you can eat buffet, with teenagers this is the best choice.
8. Not sure.
9. That depends on your taste in music, there is something for everyone.

tod
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
7. Club 33......any chance of being able to check it out, even for a mintue, or even eat?

There is one tour that lets you step into the downstairs foyer.

Yes, it was running just tonight.

--t

potzbie
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I reply as "me" to each question.

1. Can you get your pic on the matterhorn???

Me: No, you cannot stand ON the Matterhorn to have someone else snap your picture.
Yes, you can be photographed in a BOBSLED as you zoom thru the Matterhorn.

2. If you had to pick were to start you day would it be tomarrowland or adventureland?

Me: When SPACE MTN was closed, everybody ran to ADVENTURELAND to get in their first ride (or two) of INDIANA JONES before the lines begin. Now, everyone rushes to TOMORROWLAND to get in their first ride (or two) of SPACE MTN before the lines begin.
A couple of years ago, I ran straight for FANTASYLAND to ride the FANTASYLAND-side BOBSLED and then ran to the TOMORROWLAND queue, a few feet away, to ride the TOMORROWLAND-side BOBSLED. The tracks are similar, but not exactly parallel. So technically, there is a difference between the two tracks.

3. How long of a walk is it from the disneyland hotel to DL and DCA

Me: Longer than 5 minutes, but less than 10 minutes, from the edge of Downtown Disney (where the Disneyland Hotel property begins) to the entrance plaza.
But if you are staying at the DLH, you would not walk! -- You would take the MONORAIL, from DTD to TOMORROWLAND station, thanks to early entry for guests of DLH.

4. What is the best area in DCA? best attraction? best show?

Me; No doubt about it.--SOARIN' OVER CALIFORNIA is the best ride in either park. It is better than PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN in its breath-taking views, and breath-taking "seating arrangement." [wink!].
SOARIN' is one of the few rides that can generate applause at the end. No other ride I've ever ridden on causes people to clap their hands at the end of the ride. It is that good.

5. What are the best shops in both parks?

Me: The most massive inventory is WORLD OF DISNEY, in Downtown Disney, not in either park.
In DL, the Main Street EMPORIUM is "it."
In DCA, GREETINGS FORM CALIFORNIA is "it."
If you want QUALITY, not QUANTITY, then the DCA's ANIMATION building has the character-based cells and paintings that collectors want.

6. Are there random charcter sitings in DL and DCA?

"Citings"? "Sittings"? "Sightings"? -- What do you mean?
The random sightings are only princesses and Mickey Mouse and Alice, etc., going to their photo op (autograph) locations.
But watch especially for ALICE and MAD HATTER and QUEEN OF HEARTS and TWEEDLE DUM and TWEEDLE DEE doing their schtick at the park entrance of DL when the park opens, and at the REFRESHMENT CORNER off Main Street in the afternoon.

7. Club 33......any chance of being able to check it out, even for a mintue, or even eat???

Me: No. There is a tour that lets the group peek into the lobby, but that's as close as a walk-in visitor will get.

8. What is the best resturant at DLH?

Me: I don't know. The place people mention most is Goofy's Kitchen. But I have only had breakfast in Granville's Steak House, personally.

9. Is the EP ripley still running?

Me: I think one of the MousePlanet regulars said "yes."

10. What is the best band/act at DL?

Me: It depends on what style of music you like.
What do I like?
That is easy. -- BILLY HILL AND THE HILLBILLYS at the Golden Horseshoe.
But I like the jazz of THE ROYAL STREET BACHELORS, and THE BAYOU BRASS BAND.
My favorite vocal band is THE DAPPER DANS (barbershop quartet) who appear on Main Street.
My favorite music is the swing music from the Big Bands that appear in the PLAZA GARDENS STAGE every Saturday night.
I like most of the rock bands at CLUB BUZZ. (Watch for "The 80z All Stars" and for "Voyager" for the best cover bands. But you will very lucky to see/hear SCOTT BRUCE - A TRIBUTE TO ELVIS, and very lucky to see THE FAB FOUR.)
Watch for the Disneyland Band (turn-of-the-century marching/concert band) in the morning as the gate opens, and at the flag pole on Main Street.
Watch for the Firehouse Five (saxophones) at the Main Street Firehouse.
Watch for the Main Street Mercantile Association Band likewise near the Main Street Firehouse.
Watch for The Trashcan Trio, in Tomorrowland.
Watch for Farley the Fiddler in Frontierland.

There are more groups in the summer ("The All Star College Band", directed by Arthur C. Bartner, who is the USC MARCHING BAND director); and in the Christmas season (e.g., "the Dickensian Singers")

In my opinion.