PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin evacuation

julierika
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
We were enjoying the first performance (12:30pm) of Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular in DCA today (Sunday Oct 2) when, just a short while into the show, sirens sounded, lights flashed, and a voice told us there was an emergency and to exit the building immediately. Everyone filed out through emergency exits, taking us backstage. Upon arriving outside, we saw the Aladdin cast outside as well, with a cast member telling everyone not to take photos. Then we were led into the stage area of DCA and sent on our way. Fire and paramedic trucks were present, along with lots of cast members dressed in black, but we were not told why our show was interrupted and we were evacuated. Anyone know why? (and it was at the good part too - where all the genies are dancing on the staircase...darn!)

disneyhound
10-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Maybe a smoke detector picked up the wildfires... :p

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 05:06 PM
WOW, that must have been frightning! That's a lot of people to evaucuate all at one time.

When we left Thursday night, ambulances were coming into the DL parking area, I wonder what was going on, but we were catching a cab back to the hotel. :s

nightdesigns
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Anything could have set off the firealarm, may have really been a fire, or someone pulled it, or something shorted.

Fire systems will automatically call the firedept, and based on the size and what goes in the building a number of firetrucks and ambulances are automatically dispatched (in this case it's DL, so a lot!). Only the fire dept can find out what caused the alarm to go off and clear the scene.

All the people in black were show support.

Darkbeer
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
I got informed about it, but by the time I showed up, they were allowing folks into the theater for the scheduled 2 PM show, so it must have been nothing major.