PDA

View Full Version : Additional Mickey Mouse Club opportunities

Alex S.
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
In the "we couldn't tell you because nobody told us" file is this:

In addition to the merchandise rollout, panel discussion, and signing for the 50th Anniversary of the Mickey Mouse Club today the able Mouseketeers are doing four 30 minute song-and-dance type performances. The first two were at 10:30 and 11:15 this morning.

They're tied up this afternoon with the panel and signing and then they're doing two more performances at 7:30 and 8:30 this evening.

I don't know much more about it than what I said above but if you're in the area and didn't want to deal with trying to get a wristband for the panel, just wanted to let you know that there are two other opportunities for you to see them today.

Sheila
10-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I just got back from the Park to attend the panel discussion. The attending Mouseketeers are still in very fine shape for the most part, and very obviously pros at singing and dancing even though some of them retired decades ago from show business.

Gone2Disneyland
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
It was a pleasant surprise to have the opportunity to see them perform today. I actually got to see them one and a half times. I caught part of the 11:15 show and all of the 1:00 show and panel discussion. I grew up on the re-runs, but yeah, they're still spry and charismatic. It was fun, and they were kind to also acknowledge Annette's husband who was sitting in the audience.

Btw, for anyone who's interested, I heard not all of the Marie Osmond Annette dolls were delivered to the park. The number a CM told us in line was that only 160 made it to the park. So if that's true, 140 of the 300 total production run would be sold by phone at Delivears starting at 6am on Monday, October 3. I hope that's true for anyone reading this and hopes to get one. I was fortunate. I got one and plan to give it to my mom for Christmas. It's $199. I had to phone number to Delivears, but gave the slip of paper away to someone after I was able to purchase the doll at the park.