PDA

View Full Version : "Remember" as good as promised!

pirateabbie
10-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Did you ever hear your friends all rave about a movie or a book for so long that, when you finally went to see it, there had so much build-up that you were left feeling let down? That's how I was feeling as I stood in a mob of people all waiting to see the fireworks at Disneyland last night. At several points I almost left thinking, "This can't really be worth dealing with this monstrous crowd."

I was wrong.

As much as I had heard about them, nothing could prepare me for how amazing that show was. The women next to me told me she thought I must be the biggest kid in the world. I was laughing out loud with pleasure and couldn't stop smiling. I even got teary-eyed at several points.

So thanks to everyone who insisted I see the show! It was the highlight of an already fabulous first day at Disneyland!

disneyhound
10-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Cool! I can't wait to experience the show myself.

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 07:23 AM
It is amazing! I couldn't agree more. My kids were like, "mom, do we have to?" and I insisted we stay right were we were for the full 2 hours. LOL

People were walking by talking to each other about, "what's going on here?" and I would tell them and say, "you don't want to miss it!".

The biggest piece of advice is either take a blanket if you have one, or spread out as much as you can because you WILL get squished more and more as the wait continues.

One problem I found is, sitting in the street in front of the castle, it's a "stand up zone".. they TELL everyone to stand up! I hadn't thought much about it when I got my place, but I had to hold up our almost 7 year old the whole show. :(

I asked my kids after it was over if they thought it was worth the wait, and they all got very excited and agreed it was!

Vegitabeta
10-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Seeing remember was the first time we had a decent place to see fireworks from, out of every Disney park we have been to, and boy was it worth it! We waited a while in front of the castle near Coke Corner, and were sooo amazed! The fact that you didn't just have your head fixed in one spot through the whole show was cool.

evrythngwmn
10-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Did you ever hear your friends all rave about a movie or a book for so long that, when you finally went to see it, there had so much build-up that you were left feeling let down? That's how I was feeling as I stood in a mob of people all waiting to see the fireworks at Disneyland last night. At several points I almost left thinking, "This can't really be worth dealing with this monstrous crowd."

I was wrong.

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. I had told my friends husband how great it was and how important it was for us to be in the hub. He kept poo pooing and going on, "It's just fireworks." During the show he kept ooh and aahing and saying oh wow. When it was finally over I said, "So it's just another fireworks show, huh?" He admitted rather sheepishly that it was pretty cool. :)

disneyfand
10-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Very much worth the wait and lives up to the hype. Does anyone know if Disney offers a DVD of Remember... I have the version from Visions Fantastic but I really want a DVD version so I can watch it in my theater. Thank you.

Clotho
10-02-2005, 10:17 AM
I was actually slightly disappointed! (waving at pirateabbie-I looked for you yesterday!)

The beginning and ending are exactly the same as "Wishes" which we saw at WDW las year three times. So we were like, "What the?!" The middle part was pretty cool, though the projections on the castle broke down mid-way through, stuck with the HM hitchiking ghosts. They kept trying to get them running, so the ghosts kept "hitchiking" through all the other "rides". It was a bit distracting. We wanted to see it again, as it was meant to be seen, but we waited two hours on the ground at the front of the hub, with people walking all over us, unable to get to bathrooms or food without great harm to ourselves and others, and decided it would NOT be worth it to wait through again. We thoughgt about going to see the IaSW projections, but pooped out last night too early to see them ( a Napa Rose dinner will do that!). Tonight is Fantasmic, so no Remember for us.

robsmustang
10-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I can't wait to see this show at the end of the month when i get to DL. i have seen a video of the show and it looks amazing.

Doug
10-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I heard they cleared some of the trees out of the way.... last two times I tried to see this show trees where in the way (waay too many trees!!) .... I went last weekend... but left before the fireworks... probably go later next Sat, and stay for the show...

geoffa
10-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Very much worth the wait and lives up to the hype. Does anyone know if Disney offers a DVD of Remember... I have the version from Visions Fantastic but I really want a DVD version so I can watch it in my theater. Thank you.

Go to "Insidethemagic".com. Great DVD (multi angle) of the fireworks and also the parade plus Hidden Mickeys and the display at the Lincoln theatre. Tell Paul I sent you.

I've only seen this on this DVD and it's the next best thing to being there. Unfortunately, I couldn't be. :fez:

geoffa
10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I was actually slightly disappointed! (waving at pirateabbie-I looked for you yesterday!)

The beginning and ending are exactly the same as "Wishes" which we saw at WDW las year three times. So we were like, "What the?!" The middle part was pretty cool, though the projections on the castle broke down mid-way through, stuck with the HM hitchiking ghosts. They kept trying to get them running, so the ghosts kept "hitchiking" through all the other "rides". It was a bit distracting. We wanted to see it again, as it was meant to be seen, but we waited two hours on the ground at the front of the hub, with people walking all over us, unable to get to bathrooms or food without great harm to ourselves and others, and decided it would NOT be worth it to wait through again. We thoughgt about going to see the IaSW projections, but pooped out last night too early to see them ( a Napa Rose dinner will do that!). Tonight is Fantasmic, so no Remember for us.

Reminds me of the Christmas fireworks at WDW in 2002. At 8 p.m. the music started and up goes one rocket then music fades out and nothing for ten minutes. Then an apology saying the show will be at 10. At ten, music starts but no fireworks......five minutes then apology stating because of computer safety glitch etc. Finally got to see the show at midnight with perimeter effects. Well worth the wait but most kids had missed it. :fez:

BWthespian
10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
yess i sat for 2 hours right up in front of the castle, so fun,and i was by myself so the lady next to me shared her pop corn lol,the 2 hours went by very fast though.

evrythngwmn
10-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I heard they cleared some of the trees out of the way.... last two times I tried to see this show trees where in the way (waay too many trees!!) .... I went last weekend... but left before the fireworks... probably go later next Sat, and stay for the show...

There's been a lot of work to minimize the planters to allow more people into the area. Not sure if this has affected the trees in the area.

h_lehmann
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
The new fireworks show is good enough that I can honestly say it's worth making the 100 mile roundtrip drive to the park for that attraction alone.
My only complaint is, Why is it now only playing on Friday and Saturday nights??

We have regular annual passes, so Saturdays are out, and although we've gone on Fridays after work/school just to catch the fireworks show, it would be nice to be able once again spend the whole day in the park and top it off with fireworks.

mad4mky
10-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree...this show was the BEST fireworks show...ever. :D

I am going again later this month, and I told my daughter, 'the only thing I want to see again is the fireworks...':D

Mark Mywords
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
and the show is totally addicting too! During our past Dland trips, one fireworks show viewing per trip was enough On our long trip this summer, I found myself wanting to go watch "Remember" every single night!

Another Dimension
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Remember is GOOD STUFF, it's just really lame that some Guest Control Cast Members YELLING LOUDLY the entire show in some spots on Main St makes it really annoying to sit thru some (read: most) nights.

Unless a Guest is going to accidently step in front of a ride vehicle, Main St vehicle, rolling ODV cart or a Main st horse and get injured or worse... I DO NOT go to Disneyland to hear anyone YELLING at any time of my visit.
People (Guests & CM's) that yell at Disneyland SUCK.

Unfortunately(!!!) while filming Remember in Main St, with it's loud music and loud pyro and the crowd cheering, you can still hear CM's YELLING on the video from the middle of Main st, with them on the sidewalks. :p

Other than that (them needlessly yelling), Remember is truly an "E-Ticket in the Sky" and a great fireworks show to highlight Disneyland during it's 50th Anniversary IMO.

People who are still whining about the 'Wishes' music used in Remember.. Eh!.. GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC, even used for other things.
The MK opened in 1971 and (according to some) stole thousands of songs from Disneyland that DL had been using for decades. So? But DL does it, Wahhhhhhhhhh! :p

uvsc_wolverine
10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks...

Clotho
10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
People who are still whining about the 'Wishes' music used in Remember.. Eh!.. GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC, even used for other things.
The MK opened in 1971 and (according to some) stole thousands of songs from Disneyland that DL had been using for decades. So? But DL does it, Wahhhhhhhhhh! :p

What do you mean 'still whining'? I never heard a word about the music being recycled for this show. Having only been to WDW ONCE in my life, last year, and now coming to Disneyland for what will likely be my only trip for several years now--specifically for the "spectacular 50th Anniversary Homecoming"--I was realyl dismayed to see mostly the same show as I saw just one year earlier in a different park. Why shouldn't I be bummed? I was looking forward to being surprised and blown away, and instead I saw 50% of the same show I had seen less than a year ealier, and the main new part was broken to an extent that clearly left out some of the stellar details that made that part unique. So it's not whining. It's being bummed. Why do you haved to attack someone for making a comment about their personal experience? Sheesh!

DangerMouse
10-04-2005, 04:59 PM
What do you mean 'still whining'? I never heard a word about the music being recycled for this show. Having only been to WDW ONCE in my life, last year, and now coming to Disneyland for what will likely be my only trip for several years now--specifically for the "spectacular 50th Anniversary Homecoming"--I was realyl dismayed to see mostly the same show as I saw just one year earlier in a different park. Why shouldn't I be bummed? I was looking forward to being surprised and blown away, and instead I saw 50% of the same show I had seen less than a year ealier, and the main new part was broken to an extent that clearly left out some of the stellar details that made that part unique. So it's not whining. It's being bummed. Why do you haved to attack someone for making a comment about their personal experience? Sheesh!

Gosh, didn't you read AnotherDimension's post -- he/she is ANNOYED!
:rolleyes: The poor thing could probably benefit from a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth! :p

Aussie MouseFan
10-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Having seen 'Remember' on the 5th of May and several other times in the week following, all I can say is AWESUM...

I am so looking forward to my next visit in 8 weeks time, and if I get my way, I will be watching the fireworks evry night that I am in the DLR area.