PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded will October 20-22 be?

jlsinaz
10-01-2005, 10:05 AM
We are thinking of going to Disneyland in October. We would be there are Thursday thru Saturday, October 20-22. I figure Saturday will be crowded, but do you think Thursday and Friday will be?

Thanks!!

Alisonsmom
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
I don't think it should be too crowded. I too am going Oct 19-23 and we booked it at this time because we didn't think it would be crowded. We never go in the summer and always book Oct/Nov or Feb/Mar.

nvr2much disneyfun
10-01-2005, 11:40 AM
We are thinking of going to Disneyland in October. We would be there are Thursday thru Saturday, October 20-22. I figure Saturday will be crowded, but do you think Thursday and Friday will be?

Thanks!!

I am going 20-22 as well. I expect Disneyland to be crowded on Friday as well--Maybe not so much as Saturday. All of my favorite hotels near Maingate entrance were booked solid! Disney hotels are booked too! Even my fave hotel in Garden Grove was booked, and some hotels hiked their prices for Fri.& Sat. night stays. Maybe a convention going on?? OR we all decided it would be nice weather! At any rate... have fun! We are still going despite the fact my daughters favorite ride (CA. Screamin') is closed.

uvsc_wolverine
10-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Ok. Just a quick note here. October 20 and 21 are school holidays in Utah. EVERY state school has those days off so a LOT of families go to DL for the long weekend. That's when I'm going. I'm leaving on Monday the 17th just to put some road behind me, and we'll (me and my friends) will be at DL on Wednesday the 19th. I went at the same time last year and found the crowds on Wednesday and Thursday to be very pleasant. Most rides had very short lines - Indy only hit maybe 20 minutes at the most! Friday was a little more crowded so we just hung out, went on a few rides and did some meet and greets (we were all 23 at the time, we're 24 now).

So, it may be a little more crowded than usual for the off-season but it shouldn't be too bad.

Elways way
10-02-2005, 12:59 PM
There is also a huge gaming convention in town that week! I was told by the people at Hojos that it is going to be crazy that week because a majority of the convention goers are teenage boys.

PS Nevada County (Northern California) schools are also out that week.

jlsinaz
10-02-2005, 02:04 PM
If there is a convention there, does that mean Disneyland will be crowded or just around the convention center? Do most of the people that go to the conventions also go to Disneyland?

Drince88
10-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, we'll be there for that weekend, too! I arrive on Thursday noonish, and my sister will pick me up at the airport, then I return home on Monday.

It's been since Feb 02 that I've been to DL at all, so I'm very excited!!! (That, and I get to see my sister, too! :fez: )

disneyhound
10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Check this link out for convention stuff:
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm
I always check this site when making plans. Most times when people are drawn to Anaheim for a convention, they visit DL as well!

birdielovr
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
We will also be at Disneyland, Oct 20-25.

Don't forget, besides the Gaming Convention, and the long weekend for some school districts, it is the 1st weekend of Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA. (BTW, we are STILL looking for one more ticket for Halloween Treat for 10/22; if anyone has one, please get in touch with me!).

My guess would be that the gamers will go to the convention during the day and head to Disneyland in the late afternoon. So it would be best to get there when the park opens. Also, Halloween Treat runs 7:30-10:30 at DCA, so Disneyland may be relatively quiet later in the evening.

I'm just hoping it won't rain. Nothing like getting a 2-year old's plush piglet costume wet! It will weigh a ton!

Have fun to all of us heading to Anaheim!

:cool:

drew1house
10-06-2005, 12:21 PM
We will be there with probably 36 families from our kids school alone... It may add to the confusion...

Drew