PDA

View Full Version : Bag Check at DL now w/ tables

HBTiggerFan
03-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Yesterday I went to DLR, and at the main gate of DL they have tables set up with CMs standing behind them to check the bags. The CMs also had wooden things to move things around in the bags. But at DCA they did not have this stuff, and did the normal bag check. I like the idea of a table because some bags are hard to manuiver for the CM to look in. Has anyone else seen this? Also, I do NOT want this thread to turn into a pro-bag check/anti-bag check posting.

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Yesterday I went to DLR, and at the main gate of DL they have tables set up with CMs standing behind them to check the bags. The CMs also had wooden things to move things around in the bags. But at DCA they did not have this stuff, and did the normal bag check. I like the idea of a table because some bags are hard to manuiver for the CM to look in. Has anyone else seen this?
Yeah, but it seems to vary from day to day. Not all entrance gates at Disneyland have tables, but some do and it is rather convienent. Perhaps there are only a few tables available and the most frequently used areas get them (or maybe it's first come first served in the table storage area). You know anything tabacco?

I've seen CMs use any number of "instruments" to help search bags, including, but not limited to pens, flashlights and, as you said, wooden thingys.

disneynut
03-03-2002, 07:59 PM
How close to the turnstiles are the tables? How many tables are out? Do you stand in line at a table and then stand in line to enter the park or is it all one line? Just curious...we haven't been since Jan. and they were still checking right at the turnstiles then. I wonder if they are testing new ways to make bag check quicker so that they have a fast system in place before the crowded spring break and summer months are here.

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
How close to the turnstiles are the tables? How many tables are out? Do you stand in line at a table and then stand in line to enter the park or is it all one line? Just curious...we haven't been since Jan. and they were still checking right at the turnstiles then. I wonder if they are testing new ways to make bag check quicker so that they have a fast system in place before the crowded spring break and summer months are here.
The tables are right there at the turnstiles, right where security has always checked. I'm not sure exactly how many tables there are, but I've seen at least five.... I'll check again tomorrow. The system really hasn't changed at all, just a few tables have been added.

DisneyDody
03-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Yesterday I went to DLR, and at the main gate of DL they have tables set up with CMs standing behind them to check the bags. The CMs also had wooden things to move things around in the bags. But at DCA they did not have this stuff, and did the normal bag check. I like the idea of a table because some bags are hard to manuiver for the CM to look in. Has anyone else seen this? Also, I do NOT want this thread to turn into a pro-bag check/anti-bag check posting.

When we went to DL on Feb. 9th they had tables but I didn't notice them having anything to move stuff around in the bags.

2CN
03-03-2002, 10:05 PM
When I went to DCA around Feb 4th, they had tables at the gates that they were using to search bags.

tink360
03-04-2002, 11:57 AM
When I was visiting disneyland with my son, the bag checkers were using what looked like a chopstick to me.
On our last day there, we checked out of the candycane, and the staff there stored our luggage in a secure area. Then we went back to disneyland for a few more hours before the airport shuttle picked us up.
I was carrying more stuff than usual in my bag that day, and a very thorough bag checker found my bottle of foundation w/sunscreen. It was glass, she told me I shouldn't be bringing anything with glass into the park - but she let me keep it. I was very grateful she didn't toss it out.

Somewhat off topic, but when we were waiting to go through the security check at DCA the day before - a group of people were bringing a huge cooler of food into the gates. Sandwiches, cookies, the cooler was full to the top. There was a little delay while the checkers consulted with others, but the people got to bring their picnic in with them & were advised only to put it in the lockers just inside the gate.

HBTiggerFan
03-04-2002, 05:54 PM
The tables were right before the turn styles. I think the bag checks go faster beacuse you can set the bag down w/o having to try to hold that and anything else your trying to hold. They were also positioned in such a way that if you had nothing you could go around the person being checked w/o totally being rude if you had nothing to be checked.

disneynut
03-04-2002, 06:00 PM
They were also positioned in such a way that if you had nothing you could go around the person being checked w/o totally being rude if you had nothing to be checked.

That's nice. When we go for just a couple of hours we don't bring anything with us and I always hate getting stuck behind someone with a lot of stuff. (But I guess what comes around goes around...that's me when we are there for a full day!) It's nice that you can go around without actually cutting.

MonorailMan
03-05-2002, 02:47 AM
Well, becuase of bag checking and the such, me and mom just take fanny packs. :)