PDA

View Full Version : No Fantasmic Balcony Seating This Time

SeattleRedBear
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Now I did everything this morning that I was supposed to do in order to get Balcony seating for Oct. 30th:
* Called ticketing/reservations (not Disney Dining) exactly at 8:00 am (actually I had been calling for about 3 minutes before they opened and kept calling on speed dial until they opened)
* Was on hold for probably less than a minute

But they were still sold out when the rep checked for seating (and I didn't dawdle...I think the exact words out of my mouth were "Fantasmic Dessert Buffet, balcony seating, October 30th, please"). I know they there are only 20 seats, but how could they sell out so quickly :confused:

So I'm wondering. If you book a vacation package through WDT, do you get advance bookings for things like the Fantasmic buffet?

Also what I find odd is that there were still a couple seats available for the Oct. 29th showings (unfortunately, we needed four and there were only one and two available) so the day before (a Saturday, no less) had not sold out yet.

Any thoughts??

TowerofTerror
09-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Try again and see if someone cancels for the date you want

Crazy4DL
09-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Any thoughts??

I wonder if a large party just happened to call in before you?
I don't really know, but I am so sorry. What a bummer when you were counting on doing that. So sorry. :(

Leash81
09-30-2005, 04:44 PM
So I'm wondering. If you book a vacation package through WDT, do you get advance bookings for things like the Fantasmic buffet?

If you are staying at a Disney hotel then vaction planning can make the reservations for you. You call them a few days before the 30 day mark and give them your 1st 2nd and 3rd options for seating then they book it for you at the 30 day mark. I think they probably can access the reservations faster than people can call. I did this in July and we were the second group to get tickets.

melmel
09-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Honestly, even with small parties, the most we usually have up on the balcony is 5 groups, generally including a party of one.

SeattleRedBear
09-30-2005, 06:22 PM
If you are staying at a Disney hotel then vaction planning can make the reservations for you. You call them a few days before the 30 day mark and give them your 1st 2nd and 3rd options for seating then they book it for you at the 30 day mark. I think they probably can access the reservations faster than people can call. I did this in July and we were the second group to get tickets.
This is good to know. In my mind, this kind of service is why I would choose to stay at one of the DLR hotels. I sort of had the feeling this might be the case. It will have to be saved for another trip. We are doing Walk in Walt's Footsteps for the first time, so we can save Fantasmic for another trip. Thanks for the info all.