PDA

View Full Version : GCH dial up

Crazy4Mickey
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I will be staying at the GCH and was wondering if anyone knows if they have analog phone lines in their rooms to dial out on a modem. I know they have high speed connections now, but I may end up having to dial in to work to check on a few things and it would work better if I could dial in from my laptop. Thanks.

Opus1guy
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
My rooms there have always had the standard Data Ports on the telephones. I recall the line quality was pretty good and I was getting 48k-ish. Don't recall what the local call phone charges were or if it was a flat rate or a rate for the first 60 minutes and then a per minute charge after that, per phone call.

But you should have no problem dialing up your ISP from the phone. Just make sure you have their local Anaheim phone number before you leave home.

Crazy4Mickey
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I will actually be dialing in on an 800 number so I'm not sure how the charges will work for that.

Opus1guy
09-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I will actually be dialing in on an 800 number so I'm not sure how the charges will work for that.

I think they'll be the same as whatever a local call will be.