PDA

View Full Version : Is Walmart close to the Disney Warehouse?

mollie1
09-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I am thinking the kids might want to go to wallmart ,Is it close to the disney warehouse, we wont have a car , but thinking about riding the bus to the warehouse.

tod
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
No. The Wal-Mart is on Euclid, near the 5, and the Character Warehouse is up Harbor a couple of miles north of Disneyland.

--t

adriennek
09-30-2005, 12:47 PM
what would you be looking for at Walmart?

There's a Target two miles straight down Harbor from the parks (South on Harbor.)

Adrienne

Darkbeer
09-30-2005, 01:13 PM
There is a Costco across the street from the Warehouse.

Tinker Bell
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
There is a Target,Best Buy, Toys R us, Costco,Barlington coat Factory right there plus alot of little stores for books, pets, shoes, crafts.

mckygirl99
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh and try to hit Ruby's!! Great shakes and fun atmosphere for the kids! Or you have to do In-n-Out too! All by the warehouse!

adriennek
09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh and try to hit Ruby's!! Great shakes

Forget the shakes, AWESOME malts. Just ask Tutter.

Adrienne

SandraVB79
10-05-2005, 12:48 AM
What is the Disney Warehouse exactly?
Anything I should check out on my next trip there?

Also, I won't have a car to use, can you walk over, or is there a bus or so??

stan4d_steph
10-05-2005, 08:30 AM

Also, I won't have a car to use, can you walk over, or is there a bus or so??It's a store that sells leftover items from DL. It's not run by Disney. They usually have an array of clothing and souvenirs. It's like a TJ Maxx or Marshall's; the selection varies from day to day.

You would need to take a bus or cab. It's not within walking distance of DL.

Darkbeer
10-05-2005, 08:38 AM
The Disney Character Warehouse is north on Harbor from the DLR, the main cross street is Orangethorpe. It basically buys odd lots and outdated merchandise from the parks, and resells them.

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/

Here is a link to a 10% discount...

http://www.thechamber.net/cgi-bin/foxweb.dll/wlx/dir/wlxcpn?ec=lbyklLsiprtbx4mpmc&ID=HNDgKiGb

You can take OCTA Route 43, which runs up and down Harbor, the buses run every 15 minutes, 7 days a week. The trip will only take about 15 to 20 minutes each way (about 3 miles).

potzbie
10-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Also, I won't have a car to use, can you walk over, or is there a bus or so??

Good news, SandraVB79.

There is an outlet store which sells DISNEY clothing.
DISNEY CHARACTER WAREHOUSE is in the "Orangefair Marketplace" mall.
The store is on the Lemon Street side (not the Harbor Bl. side), at Orangethorpe Ave..
It is north of the 91 (Riverside) freeway.
City is FULLERTON, not ANAHEIM.
My "Thomas Guide" lists it on page 768, grid H-2.
The mall is adjacent to two other landmarks, "Fullerton Metro Center" and "Fullerton Town Center."
You can use MAPQUEST to find the mall on a map.

I was there for the first time, last week.
I nearly bought pajamas and a polo shirt, just because the price break was so steep.
(But I resisted. -- I didn't need pajamas. I don't need another polo shirt.)

Remember, the items are slow-moving items or close-out items.
Do not expect WORLD OF DISNEY variety/selection.
But, for MOUSEPLANET regulars, yes, you and I would consider this outlet store worthwhile to check out.
Tee-shirts; baby clothes; pajamas; jackets; toys; posters; polo (golf-style) shirts; night clothes; princess (halloween?) costumes; etc.
Holy cow! -- If you like fleece, or like sweatshirts, and you insist on a Disny design, then this store is the store for you (all).
50% off is typical.
Some things, like MUGS and BOXES OF CHOCOLATE (?!), are priced as "buy one, get two (or three) free."

Oh! If you are interested in 2005 calendars, you can get a deep, deep discount! [wink]

I saw no books.
If any MousePlanet regular knows where Disney dumps their old picture (coffee table) books, I would be interested!

Yes, you can take a bus that runs up/down Harbor Blvd to get there.
You know where the bus stop is, on Harbor Blvd., across the crosswalk?
I do not know what OCTA (Orange County Transit Authority) bus fare is.
I remember the Bus Number as "41" but that is from memory, not confirmed.
OCTA has a web site, with PDF maps and PDF bus schedules.

SandraVB79
10-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Thank you very much for the information.

I am used to public transportation all over Europe, but have never been on it in the US, so that will be an adventure, haha!

I will surely check the Disney Warehouse out. On October 27, my mom and I leave the LA-hotel, and we check in in the Park Vue Inn, and we have that afternoon to shop at Downtown Disney and other stores, since we will only start using our Park Hopper on the 28th!

TowerofTerror
10-06-2005, 12:19 AM
well sound great I'm still never been to it yet. I plan to check the place out in the next few weeks.