PDA

View Full Version : Parking Fees at the park

dws_60
09-30-2005, 10:47 AM
hi,
i wanted to know how much does it cost to park at the resort... what is the policy for parking? and what is the nearest lot to the tram loading station for a family with a young one in a wheelchair?
can u pay for the day and come and go as you like after?
Thanks
David

MyBeast
09-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Parking is 10 dollars a day right now, park in the Mickey and Friends structure, they have a tram with wheelchair access. And yes, you can come and go as you like, just remember to keep and show the ticket they give you. :)

dws_60
09-30-2005, 11:10 AM
so it would be better than taking the ART since there are the 4 of us... would make 12$ and we cant go when we want... i was thinking about getting one premium ap but not sure if its so worth it since it ll be only 20$ of parking then
thanks
David

garrett240
09-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Along the lines of Parking Questions, does it cost $10 to park if you are only doing DTD? Are there areas to park if you only want to shop and how do you get to them?

neffyh
09-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Along the lines of Parking Questions, does it cost $10 to park if you are only doing DTD? Are there areas to park if you only want to shop and how do you get to them?
No there is a special parking lot for those who are goin 2 DTD. Its free for the first three hours.

stan4d_steph
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Along the lines of Parking Questions, does it cost $10 to park if you are only doing DTD? Are there areas to park if you only want to shop and how do you get to them?You get 3 free hours of parking at DTD, with an additional 2 hours after validation at restaurants or the movie theater. There's a separate lot for DTD parking.

junglemom
09-30-2005, 01:36 PM
You get 3 free hours of parking at DTD, with an additional 2 hours after validation at restaurants or the movie theater. There's a separate lot for DTD parking.

I had a friend that parked in the DTD parking lot and actually would go and repark the car after the three hours, that is too much for me. I wouldn't want waiste valuable park time to leave, plus geeze that's a ton of walking, I am exhausted after just the park, I can't imagine adding in all that extra.

garrett240
09-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. My kids want to go to Build-a-Bear while we are in CA. I didn't want to use "DL Time" for BaB. Since we can park for free, we can do it on another day!

I have just two more work weeks before we leave for CA!

I'm sooo excited! :D

Whittibo
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Great question, it was exactly what I was looking for. We're here, and Residence Inn doesn't give free shuttles anymore. The wait for the ART down this far is WAY TO LONG. Our shuttle actually broke down yesterday, so they brought in some small bus, which wasn't big enough.. then had to get a bigger bus, and even that didn't hold everyone last night, so we took a taxi. It was $10 with tip, ONE WAY.

I was going to ask here about parking. And can't you add it onto your AP? Ours expire at the end of Nov. so it would only be for this trip, but ART will cost us $36 for 5 day pass for Mon-Fri next week. So $10 a day would be more, but for $14 it might be VERY worth having the car and not wait and then have some smelly person standing up next to you that has bad BO. (yep.. happened to us already, and that was at 8:30am, can't imagine what that guy smells like after a day in the park!)

I am glad you can come/go into the parking lot. That will make it SO worth it.

Whittibo
09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
how long does the DL shuttle take before they come pick you up? I am just trying to think this through.. would we have to wait just as long for that to come/go??

junglemom
09-30-2005, 03:05 PM
how long does the DL shuttle take before they come pick you up? I am just trying to think this through.. would we have to wait just as long for that to come/go??

the tram for the parking garage runs continuously, the most I ever had to wait was about 10 minutes, maybe not even that long. The busier the park the more shuttles they run. Even at closing, it still won't take you long to catch a shuttle back to the garage. If you are really energetic you could always walk back to the parking garage, it's about a mile away, my husband did it in about 10 minutes. We thought the tram lines were too long so he was going to get the van and pick us up @ DTD, but like I said the lines for the tram go so fast we met him at the garage right when he got there.

junglemom
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
I do want to add... when we were there last time, I saw a family dining at the restaurant in our hotel, we headed out to the van went to the parking structure, and had to wait for the darn thing to open ( I didn't realize it didn't open until 7:30 that morning, the park at 8:00), then had to wait in line for a tram, only about 5 minutes, but when your anxious, 5 minutes is a lifetime. Then we were off to the park, We headed straight for peter pan, trying to avoid the hour long line, and who was three groups ahead of us, the family dining at the hotel. They took the free shuttle. So I figure if the shuttle is free I am taking it, no parking hassel, no tram lines and no waiting for the garage to open. Mid day the garage is kind of nice, especially if you want to go off site to eat.

~a

adriennek
09-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I was going to ask here about parking. And can't you add it onto your AP? Ours expire at the end of Nov. so it would only be for this trip, but ART will cost us $36 for 5 day pass for Mon-Fri next week. So $10 a day would be more, but for $14 it might be VERY worth having the car and not wait and then have some smelly person standing up next to you that has bad BO. (yep.. happened to us already, and that was at 8:30am, can't imagine what that guy smells like after a day in the park!)

I am glad you can come/go into the parking lot. That will make it SO worth it.

You should be able to add parking to your AP. It might be $35 to add it to your AP but that would still save you money and like you say, worth the freedom.

Adrienne

dws_60
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
can u actually drop people at dtd and go park at the mickey parking lot?
thanks
David

junglemom
09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
can u actually drop people at dtd and go park at the mickey parking lot?
thanks
David
Yes, you can get them as close as the rain forest cafe, as long as you leave that parking area before the 3 hours it's free. Then just go straight across the street to the mickey and friends structure. The only bad thing about dropping off at DTD is it's at the far west end , so it's a longer walk than if they just get on the tram with you from the garage.. The tram takes you right up to the east end of DTD.

TowerofTerror
09-30-2005, 04:00 PM
it 40 bucks or 50 bucks to add parking to annual passport its not a premium annual pass

dws_60
09-30-2005, 04:02 PM
ok so here is my next question, we're thinking about having breakfast at the storytellers cafe with chip and dale, can we park at the GCH? how much would it cost if we 're not hotel guests but just going there for breakfast and leaving the car there for the day?
Thanks
David

Whittibo
09-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Adding parking to my AP is $49.
Since we're only going to DL 5 more days before the passes will expire, that's $50.
The shuttle will be $36 and hubby thinks it might be worth the savings.. I don't know? I have until Monday to decide I guess. Our shuttle is the longest drive from the park, therefore takes the longest to get back to us. It's a pain when you have to wait a full 20 or more minutes after standing/walking/waiting at the park all day long.

stan4d_steph
09-30-2005, 04:37 PM
ok so here is my next question, we're thinking about having breakfast at the storytellers cafe with chip and dale, can we park at the GCH? how much would it cost if we 're not hotel guests but just going there for breakfast and leaving the car there for the day?
Thanks
DavidThey will validate parking, but it's only for 3 hours; you can't go and leave the car there all day.

There is a drop-off zone for passengers if you turn in from Harbor Blvd. You would have to send someone back to park the car and meet back up with the rest of the party somehow.

pisces
09-30-2005, 05:27 PM
the tram for the parking garage runs continuously, the most I ever had to wait was about 10 minutes, maybe not even that long. The busier the park the more shuttles they run. Even at closing, it still won't take you long to catch a shuttle back to the garage. If you are really energetic you could always walk back to the parking garage, it's about a mile away, my husband did it in about 10 minutes. We thought the tram lines were too long so he was going to get the van and pick us up @ DTD, but like I said the lines for the tram go so fast we met him at the garage right when he got there.

And, it's not a bad walk, either. There are trees and foliage and things to look at. I believe there's little flood lights at night. I made the walk because I wanted to see the little murals and such. (Who goes out of their way to tour a Parking garage?) It's supposedly the largest garage in the county, or the State? or something to that effect.

Anyway, I saw lots of security and I loved the little Disney touches , although I couldn't decide whether I like Mickey's Level, or Donald's level better.

I can't believe all the changes to the resort area, and surrounding Anaheim.