PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday 2005 - First Reports Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

Monte Cristo
09-30-2005, 10:26 AM
I'd be curios to know if anyone has gotten a chance to ride HMH yet and can tell us if there's anything new this year.

Another Dimension
09-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Anaheim is HOT!

It's way too hot and shiiiiiny briiiight for some ghouls to be out yet.

olegc
09-30-2005, 12:50 PM
have not gone yet - but i CAN'T BELIEVE how much STUFF is for sale around NBC and HMH. Seems like they were planning on one more special event, then it got cancelled (thanks tim burton!! :mad: ), and so they are stuck with all of this stuff to sell.

What I'd really like to know is if they are using Soundtrack1 or Soundtrack2, and if any new tricks are in the mansion..

AND - edit - funny, but there is NOTHING on the public website about HMH or anything like that - except that in the calendar it says all attractions are operational.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-30-2005, 01:07 PM
What date does it open? I'll be there in a week and hoped to see it! :)

Darkbeer
09-30-2005, 01:12 PM
It opened this morning, I will be going to the park shortly.....

disneyhound
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
It opened this morning, I will be going to the park shortly.....
We are waiting for photos darkbeer... :)

Whittibo
09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I was there this monring, and the lines were LONG! I wasn't even going to attempt it. My girls like the original HM so they aren't all that excited about it now anyway. (but that's just my kids). We were at the park a few hours on Thursday, then most of yesterday and then all morning today.. When we left at about noon, it was starting to get busy, but my opinion is Fridays are always the worst.. but being able to walk around the park and get on rides like Splash and Space, with a 5 minute wait time, it's THE BEST!

Tutter
09-30-2005, 09:01 PM
I went this evening. The lines were long BUT - there was Fast Pass and very few seemed to be using it. I got there about 5.50pm and the Fast Pass was for 6.30pm - so hardly any wait - compared to 30 minutes in line.

My memory is vague from last year - but it seemed to be very bright - maybe some added boxes and some additions - I am not sure - but it brought a smile to my face. I really liked it.

Madame Leota (sp?) is stationary on the table again - not floating about and as you first view the graveyard there is a film of giant snow flakes projected onto the gauze thing which looks nice.

I really enjoyed it.

nursemelis374
09-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I just got home an hour ago from a LONG day. The line was 15 minutes at 7:30 and FP was about 60 minutes out. The lines at about 11 in the morning were 25 minutes.

It really has lost its appeal. I still enjoy it, but it is just not like it was a few years ago. There were minimal changes.

nursemelis374
09-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I was there this monring, and the lines were LONG! I wasn't even going to attempt it. My girls like the original HM so they aren't all that excited about it now anyway. (but that's just my kids). We were at the park a few hours on Thursday, then most of yesterday and then all morning today.. When we left at about noon, it was starting to get busy, but my opinion is Fridays are always the worst.. but being able to walk around the park and get on rides like Splash and Space, with a 5 minute wait time, it's THE BEST!

Wow, we felt the lines were nothing! We rode almost all the big rides twice at both parks! FP was usually about an hour away, and many of the lines were 15-25 minutes!

Darkbeer
09-30-2005, 11:21 PM
The waits were not bad today....

Heck, when I stopped by to get Fastpasses today around 3 PM, the return time was just 40 minutes later, and the Standby was just 30 minutes.

It looks like they did add some stuff to the "I do" room, but it was pretty much the same...

Clotho
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM
We are here, and found the same to be true. Lines were EASY today, and nobody was using the HMH fastpass. We actually went to get one, and found the return time to be too soon! And even then, lines weren't that bad most times we walked by and they were movin' em in fast.

We really enjoyed it. Came off smiling. There were a few things I didn't remember, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there before. So I can't report fairly on it. Much fun!

Darkbeer
09-30-2005, 11:48 PM
FYI, the HMH Fastpass machines are independent/stand-alone!!!

disneyhound
10-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Photos are great as usual, what's up with Eisner, he seemed to be everywhere, and I mean everywhere... ;)

charpaul
10-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Yesterday was Eisner's LAST day!!!!
He is now part of Disney history.....

Going to see HM myself this weekend. I am SURE the lines will not be that short for me - LOL

disneyhound
10-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Yesterday was Eisner's LAST day!!!!
He is now part of Disney history...
So why was he at the park?

cstephens
10-01-2005, 09:25 AM
I like that Leota isn't floating for the holidays. There's so much to see in that room anyway.

Changes that I noticed:

There seem to be more pumpkins outside with the scarecrow in the queue area, but he wasn't lit last night.

Did the knight next to Zero always have a pumpkin head? That seemed new to me, but I wouldn't swear to it.

My favorite part usually is seeing the new gingerbread house in the ballroom sequence, and this is my favorite of all. I can't even remember what the house itself looks like, but on the front is the wreath monster, moving arms and all, and one of the arms is picking up a slice of cake. That's where I want for the ride to go really slow next time, so I can get a better look of everything. We also have to go by the French Market to see what their gingerbread house looks like.

There are a stack of pumpkins in the attic that I don't remember seeing before.

Things from previous years that I like still having:

The creepy kids singing fa la la la at the end of the stretch room, especially if you're lucky enough to be there when it's quiet enough to hear them.

The band is still outside the first window in the changing portraits hallway.

Oogie is still there with his cymbals and as an ornament on the tree.

The library with the swirling books! I love that!

I forgot to look and see if the hitchhiking ghosts are still there. Will have to try to remember on Sunday.

nursemelis374
10-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Did any of you guys see the little monkey wearing the wedding dress with the beating, glowing red heart? It is in the attic where the bride normally is. We stopped there and I turned around and saw it! I had never noticed it before!

olegc
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
My favorite part usually is seeing the new gingerbread house in the ballroom sequence, and this is my favorite of all. I can't even remember what the house itself looks like, but on the front is the wreath monster, moving arms and all, and one of the arms is picking up a slice of cake. That's where I want for the ride to go really slow next time, so I can get a better look of everything. We also have to go by the French Market to see what their gingerbread house looks like.

this cake decorations is DEFINITLEY new for 2005. 1st year was a spooky gingerbread house, second year weas Oogie Boogie (made of gummi frogs) holding a house, third year was ?, and last year as zero's dog house...

maybe year 3 was oogie boogie and year 2 was something else...

cstephens
10-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Did any of you guys see the little monkey wearing the wedding dress with the beating, glowing red heart? It is in the attic where the bride normally is. We stopped there and I turned around and saw it! I had never noticed it before!

Yeah, he was there last year too. I saw him one time and thought it was cool.

One other thing I forgot to mention that's new - Jack at the end of the ride (as you go up the moving [or not] walkway) next to where Sally is sitting is now a video instead of a shadow cutout as he flies across. I don't remember the bonedeer legs moving before - they do now. It all looks really cool.

BQ2
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
FYI, the HMH Fastpass machines are independent/stand-alone!!!

Thanks for the tip ;)

mkcbunny
10-01-2005, 09:14 PM
I have never seen HMH, but a friend told me that the Madame Leota head was "Sally" for the HMH. Comments here make it sound like she's still ML. Which is it? Was my informant mistaken?

JeffG
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I have never seen HMH, but a friend told me that the Madame Leota head was "Sally" for the HMH. Comments here make it sound like she's still ML. Which is it? Was my informant mistaken?

It is still Leota. Sally replaces the figure of "Little Leota" on the exit ramp.

-Jeff

Skunker
10-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes! Our first day at DL. We went on HM first, as is our tradition.
;) It was sweet! This is the first time I've seen the NBC overlay. We walked on, but just 30 minutes later there was a long line. And 2 hours later it was PACKED. The park was very busy today, much like I remember a July/August day. We're hoping tomorrow and the rest of the week are less busy.

Darkbeer
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
FOLKS, they changed the FP machines on Saturday, and now the Haunted Mansion Holiday machines are NETWORKED....