PDA

View Full Version : Character meals...

Pages : [1] 2

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Which character meals have the best food??

Which has the best atmosphere?

Which is the best time to go? Breakfast or Lunch?

Thanks!!

:)

hlbtimes2
09-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Storytellers gets great reviews for food. You'll only find characters at breakfast time. You can order from the menu or have buffet.

Goofys has decent food, and the most character interaction. They have brunch (starting early am and going to about 2pm), then they have dinner as well. Its buffet at either time.

Ariels in DCA has lunch and dinner. Its a menu meal. It includes soup/ salad, entree an dessert for a set price. For characters its princesses and they make their rounds to the tables.

Lilo and Stitch at the PP hotel is also a buffet or menu service. Limited characters, but I've heard the food is good. Its breakfast/ brunch time only.

Minnie and Friends at the plaza is fairly new and hasnt had many reviews yet. Its a breakfast buffet. The food when it was pooh and friends was average. Nothing to special. Oh, its not like a regular buffet where the food is sitting out- you go to stations and they dish it up for you.

I think that covers all of them. We like to go closer to lunch. We are always in a hurry to get to park, so we hate to take time for a big breakfast. And, by eating lunch we can have a small dinner and make up for some of the cost of the character meal. Others like to go first thing in the AM, so there is less waiting.

melmel
09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Ariel's Grotto is pretty yummy if you ask me. But I have the taste buds of a ten year old child so if you're thinking with your kids in mind, that might be the place to go. And it's princesses!

wenderella
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
The only princess at Ariel's Grotto is Ariel. The other characters are a "nautical" Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.
The Princess' are at the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Main Street. You have to make reservations for this. Rarely are there walkup's available...at least in my experiences. Make reservations for any and all dining experiences as possible. Even Carnation Cafe...you'll sit right down! Have FUn!

hlbtimes2
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
The only princess at Ariel's Grotto is Ariel. The other characters are a "nautical" Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.
The Princess' are at the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Main Street.

No, that has all been changed in the last 5-6 weeks. The princesses relocated to Ariels. The Plaza is now Minnie and Friends.

NoAngelx
10-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Thanks!

Camthalio
10-01-2005, 07:55 AM
click me. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=10101) We went at 09/12/05 to Minnie & Friends Breakfast at the Plaza Inn. It was a buffet style meal. They offered made to order omelets, fresh fruits, bagels and much more yummy food. We also met a lot of characters: Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and Cinderella“s Fairy Godmother. We had a great time there!

http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_1.jpg
Click me. (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_4.jpg)
And me. (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_3.jpg)
Me, two. (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_2.jpg)
Me, three (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_5.jpg)
And also me. (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_6.jpg)
And me! (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/plaza_7.jpg)

We also had lunch at Ariels Grotto with the princesses. I have photos of this one also, if somebody“s interested in?!

hlbtimes2
10-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Camthalio, if you havent already, you might want to take a couple mintues and do a review for mouseplanet of your two character meals (and anything else we need to know about your trip!). There isnt any current reviews for either of them (or at least there wasnt last time I looked).

annieb727
10-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Very cool! We're going to change one of our character meal reservations to Minnie & Friends...we had both scheduled at Goofy's Kitchen...but this one sounds good too. We have two little boys, so the Princess thing wouldn't have worked out too well. Thanks for the info!!

annieb727
10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
one thing to consider -- is that some are only available while the park is open...such as Minnie & Friends...

Then the Goofy's Kitchen is available earlier...so you can have breakfast and still be there for the park opening. We were going to sign up for a Minnie & Friends, but upon hearing that when the park opens at 9am, that's the earliest they have it, made my husband not want to -- he'd rather be riding rides than eating with characters...especially when we can eat with characters at the DL Hotel before rides...

hlbtimes2
10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
one thing to consider -- is that some are only available while the park is open...such as Minnie & Friends...

Then the Goofy's Kitchen is available earlier...so you can have breakfast and still be there for the park opening. We were going to sign up for a Minnie & Friends, but upon hearing that when the park opens at 9am, that's the earliest they have it, made my husband not want to -- he'd rather be riding rides than eating with characters...especially when we can eat with characters at the DL Hotel before rides...

We find that its great to do on a day that you have early entry at 7am. We get up early (5:30), have a light breakfast in our room (fruit, pastry, granola bar, etc) while we get ready, so we can get to the park before 7. Ride for a couple hours, then have bigger, late breakfast. Often that means we only have two meals that day. Big, late breakfast and a mid day meal late lunch/ early dinner.

Dom262
10-03-2005, 10:56 AM
So far, we have liked Storyteller's the most. Plaza Inn is ok, but there can be a long wait to actually get the food.

markarkaymat
10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
We only ate Goofy's (which had a larger buffet spread, but too much IMHO) and Lilo & Stitch (Smaller buffet spread but good food and menu option). At Goofy's we had Pluto, Goofy, Max, Geppeto, Mary Poppins, Donald, and the Madhatter (but he never came around by us). At Lilo & Stitch we had Max, Lilo, Stitch, & Minnie. A friend went to Storytellers and said they only had Chip & Dale in front and that was all :confused: Did they go at the wrong time?

hippiemama
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
we've made reservations for the princess dinner at ariels grotto. we go next month and i can't wait. I'm more excited then my 5yo lol

Dezheaven
10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Camthalio, Do you have any pictures of Ariel? I would love to see them!

Camthalio
10-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Camthalio, Do you have any pictures of Ariel? I would love to see them!
Here is picture of Ariel (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/ariel_1.jpg)
and here another one (http://www.georgios-page.de/report/ariel_2.jpg)

geoffa
10-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Storytellers gets great reviews for food. You'll only find characters at breakfast time. You can order from the menu or have buffet.

Goofys has decent food, and the most character interaction. They have brunch (starting early am and going to about 2pm), then they have dinner as well. Its buffet at either time.

Ariels in DCA has lunch and dinner. Its a menu meal. It includes soup/ salad, entree an dessert for a set price. For characters its princesses and they make their rounds to the tables.

Lilo and Stitch at the PP hotel is also a buffet or menu service. Limited characters, but I've heard the food is good. Its breakfast/ brunch time only.

Minnie and Friends at the plaza is fairly new and hasnt had many reviews yet. Its a breakfast buffet. The food when it was pooh and friends was average. Nothing to special. Oh, its not like a regular buffet where the food is sitting out- you go to stations and they dish it up for you.

I think that covers all of them. We like to go closer to lunch. We are always in a hurry to get to park, so we hate to take time for a big breakfast. And, by eating lunch we can have a small dinner and make up for some of the cost of the character meal. Others like to go first thing in the AM, so there is less waiting.

If you get up a little earlier I'd definitely go for Storytellers at Grand Californian. The buffet breakfast is HUGE! Chip and Dale, Pluto etc.etc. Failing that I'd go for Goofy's.:fez:

NoAngelx
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
hmmmm Storytellers or Goofy... I can't decide!!! lol

I have a Buzz obsessed 3 year old boy and a 10 year old girl who wouldn't care which one as long as there is good food!

hlbtimes2
10-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Go to Goofys one afternoon for lunch. They serve brunch until 2 pm- same price from opening until 2. Then they close a couple hours and have dinner, which is more expensive. Anyway, have breakfast or lunch there one day for the buffet. Then have breakfast off the menu one morning at Storytellers. You'll still get the characters and the great food, but menu service is much cheaper then the buffet (about 1/2 the cost).

The Fairest Beauty
10-04-2005, 08:52 AM
I just had the best time at Ariel's Grotto this weekend!!!! I ate their for lunch with my, boyfriend, my Mom, her friend Sue, and Sue's daughter Sara, and Sara's boyfriend. We sat outside at the last table the princesses come to visit. Which is a plus if you ask me because they spend more time with you! I had the chiken dumpling pot pie. It wasn't that good, but the princesses made up for it. lol. My mom and just about everyone else had the fish and chips which they said was delicious! It was my Mom's and Sue's birthday and every chance we got we would sing happy birthday to them in some loud way so that everyone else would join in!

Luckily for me, I think I got the most interactions with the princesses because I sat at the end of the table. I got a picture with each one and they all played their part beautifully!

HILNDKID
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
We have reservations for dinner at Ariels grotto next month and was wondering how it was with the Princess'?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Opus1guy
10-04-2005, 01:24 PM
My favorite character meal is Donald Duck ą l'Orange.

;)

going2disneyAZ
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
My favorite character meal is Donald Duck ą l'Orange.

;)

I like Roast Rodger Rabbit and the BBQ Three Little Pig Ribs

Camthalio
10-04-2005, 03:15 PM
We have reservations for dinner at Ariels grotto next month and was wondering how it was with the Princess'?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It was great to meet the princesses. They were all very nice. We saw Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Aurora and Mulan. They signed our autograph book and we took some wonderful pictures. Mulan told us that her friend Snow White is also from Germany, when she found out from where we traveled. We chatted with Aurora about her castles. The one in Disneyland Paris, where we were before several times, is much bigger and she told us that there is a lot of more space so she could invite all here friends to come see her. I told her that I like the one in Anaheim too and she agreed: "It is smaller, but it“s the original!". It was a wonderful time with the princesses and the food was also great. We had the Swimmin“Chicken Noodle Soup, the Maliboomer Meatloaf and Chocolate Paradise Cake. Sorry for the bad english! :(

You find everything you need to know at Darkbeers great gallery (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/736637). I hope he don“t mind I mentioned this!

MouseFaninQueue
10-04-2005, 03:29 PM
In our trip with our 3 year old daughter, and our then 3 month old daughter, in May 2005 we went to Goofy's and had a blast. My daughter is VERY shy so the characters coming around really helped to break the ice. We also did this on the very first day before going into the park so it was a nice way to introduce her to Disneyland. The food spread was almost too much to take at Goofy's. There was everything and then some. We went for breakfast but just because you are there for breakfast doesn't mean you can't have Pizza or Mickey-aroni - or at least so says my 3 year old daughter!! As for a review from my then 3 month old - she didn't really have much to say about the food ... ;)

Now we are planning to go back this October and it sounds like Ariel's is the place for my 3 year old and her love of the Princesses.