PDA

View Full Version : roger rabbit - so about that spin....

disneyholic family
03-03-2002, 01:51 PM
ok....so the family is worried about that spin word in car toon spin....
the questions is, do you HAVE to spin?
or is it optional?...(that is, can you ride through the whole thing without spinning at all?)

and how many people ride in a car?

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by disneyholic family
ok....so the family is worried about that spin word in car toon spin....
the questions is, do you HAVE to spin?
or is it optional?...(that is, can you ride through the whole thing without spinning at all?)
It's totally optional, although the car won't stay completely stationary due to some sharp turns on the track (and inertia). If you just hold the wheel still, you can enjoy the attraction like a traditional dark ride.

and how many people ride in a car?
Each "ride unit" is made up of two small "cabs", which turn independently. Each cab holds two regular sized people for a grand total of four in each ride unit.

DisneyDody
03-03-2002, 02:13 PM
It's nothing like the teacups. Even if you wanted to spin you'd never get it going like you can on the teacups. And no you don't have to spin- although you may find you want to. ;) But I think it does slightly spin the car a little, but not enough to nauseate you. 2 can ride in a car and there are 2 cars attached closely to each other so a family or group of 4 are close to each other throughout the whole ride. It's a fun one. :)

Disneylandman
03-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Actually, the capasity of the cabs depends on the size of the people. If there are 2 adults and 1 kid, they can all go in the same cab. If you have 3 small adults, they can also go in the same car. Size is the issue.

disneynut
03-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Not really your question but if you decide to take on the 'spin' if it's a crowded day you'll definitely want FastPass for it. It's a fun and cute ride (take this from someone who gets sick on the teacups.)

Cadaverous Pallor
03-03-2002, 08:49 PM
I just want to back up everyone else. No, you don't have to spin, and it won't spin you very much at all if you don't turn the wheel. It's an awesome dark ride and I wouldn't want you to miss it out of fear of the spinning.

Also, in case this is your worry - since the accident, they have installed doors that lock on the cabs, so they are completely safe for kids. It's probably the safest ride in the park at this point.

disneyholic family
03-03-2002, 10:48 PM
thanks for the reassurance...
yes they were worried it was like the teacups (for which there is not enough money in the world to get us to ride them)....

it sounds totally fun....we can't wait....as for finding out that we want to spin it......uh uh....not likely.....we get dizzy on aladdin's magic carpets in the MK to give you an idea....pretty sad too be sure.....i guess we'd never be astronauts....

we're more of the up and down kind of people....give me a good wild roller coaster any day....as long as there aren't any barrel rolls i'll be fine.....(e.g, i just love the killer coasters in cedar point!!)

Bill Catherall
03-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Although the ride will turn you around in several parts, you can try to counter-turn. I don't like spinning either, and when I'm with one of my kids I usually try to counter-steer to keep the car facing forwards (there's enough confusion and hystery in the ride, don't need to add moving backwards/sideways for my easily frightened kids). It takes some muscle, but you can actually steer your way through the entire ride. (Without giving away spoilers, there is one part where the ride actually locks up the "spin" mechanism to prevent it from turning, so you're facing one the gags head on. :D )

It's a very fun ride! And the queue is entertaining as well.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Actually, the capasity of the cabs depends on the size of the people.

. . . and how friendly they are with each other!:D

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 09:37 PM
If you are very very sensitve to a short hard turn, then try to be facing forward when it gets to the end becuase the cars right themselves so they can prepare for the end.

blusilva
03-05-2002, 11:26 PM
It takes a lot of muscle, but you can also go through the whole ride facing backwards, too. If you wanted to, that is. :)

Nah, it doesn't naturally spin all that much. My mother and brother rode through without spinning.