PDA

View Full Version : New stuff at Disneyland - daily rededication and grand marshall pre-parade

AVP
09-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Two new "entertainment" offerings started at Disneyland this week. On Monday, a new daily rededication ceremony began at Disneyland. This takes place on the steps of the Main Street station of the Disneyland Railroad, and features Mickey & friends, plus the Disneyland band. It's a short little piece - they play Walt's dedication speech and a little music. The ceremony takes place at 10am when the park opens at 8, 10:30 when the park opens at 9, or 11:30 when the park opens at 10.

Today will be the first grand marshall pre-parade. One family, presumably chosen via the same mysterious means as such things are done at Walt Disney World, will be picked each day. They will ride down the parade route in the Disneyland Fire Engine, accompanied by a few dancers / banner carriers, a few minutes before the first parade of the day. They will then get reserved seats for the parade.

AVP

hlbtimes2
09-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Very cool! I love new things. Of course, since we havent been in almost 2 years there will be lots of new things. LOL

olegc
09-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Two new "entertainment" offerings started at Disneyland this week. On Monday, a new daily rededication ceremony began at Disneyland. This takes place on the steps of the Main Street station of the Disneyland Railroad, and features Mickey & friends, plus the Disneyland band. It's a short little piece - they play Walt's dedication speech and a little music. The ceremony takes place at 10am when the park opens at 8, 10:30 when the park opens at 9, or 11:30 when the park opens at 10. AVP

hmm - sounds like a semi-desperate attempt to "re-live the magic" from 7/17. quick and easy and use characters. I like it - it's something else to do - but it really did not require a lot of creative thought. Although, maybe this is better since it's right there amongst everyone..

Today will be the first grand marshall pre-parade. One family, presumably chosen via the same mysterious means as such things are done at Walt Disney World, will be picked each day. They will ride down the parade route in the Disneyland Fire Engine, accompanied by a few dancers / banner carriers, a few minutes before the first parade of the day. They will then get reserved seats for the parade.

AVP

this is something they do at WDW and it's a nice touch. they actually just walk down Main Street and pick a family early in the day, and tell them to return at a certain time. My friends were chosen once. Quite random, actually.

tod
09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Two new "entertainment" offerings started at Disneyland this week. On Monday, a new daily rededication ceremony began at Disneyland. This takes place on the steps of the Main Street station of the Disneyland Railroad, and features Mickey & friends, plus the Disneyland band. It's a short little piece - they play Walt's dedication speech and a little music. The ceremony takes place at 10am when the park opens at 8, 10:30 when the park opens at 9, or 11:30 when the park opens at 10.

Have they stopped messing with it? For one ad, they took out the part about "hard facts," and on the 6-CD box set, they took out the "Thank you."

Is it intact?

--t

Opus1guy
09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
I was there on Monday and noticed the re-dedication thing on the daily entertainment guide, but just assumed it was a continuing event that I hadn't noticed before. Didn't realize it was something new.

poohray
09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I am so excited. Wow its really an honor to see this happen. It is not an event just to prolong the 50th celebration ( at least not when I suggested it to the marketing dept in January, they just took a lond time getting to it because they were so busy) I hope I get to see it when the GF and I take mom there for her 79th b-day thanksgiving week! I am so excited that someone took me seriously! I wasn't expecting my suggestion to become a reality in some form or another but am glad that it finally is happening. Wow I am so excited.

Yee hah! I know I make a difference in society by teaching, but this act of the Disney team (lead by Mr Ouimet and supported by a great staff, including Margret, whom should get all the credit wink wink) putting on a daily rededication ceremony brings me a grand feeling of Joy, and a sense of reward for participation.

nursemelis374
09-30-2005, 10:23 PM
We saw the grand marshall pre-parade today. Pretty cool if you are the family!

Whittibo
10-01-2005, 06:40 AM
My new list of things to do next week (I have 5 full days to get these done)..
Win the Honda
Be the Pre-parade grand marshall family.

Well.. I was at the fireworks last night VERY awesome by the way. I got ONE really great photo of the castle with fireworks lighting up all around it. Anyway, what I took away from the fireworks show is.. DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!! ;)

TweedlDum9
10-01-2005, 04:58 PM
hmm - sounds like a semi-desperate attempt to "re-live the magic" from 7/17. quick and easy and use characters. I like it - it's something else to do - but it really did not require a lot of creative thought.
No matter how large or small the piece of entertainment is, please don't underestimate the work done by dozens of parade performers busting their butts at midnight trying to put on a good show for you.

Even if it went through the upper-level approval process quickly, that means it's more intense for the show director and the performers who only had a couple of rehearsals before opening.

BQ2
10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I caught the daily rededication ceremony Disneyland on tuesday. Short and sweet! I loved it :)