PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here. Halloween

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 07:03 AM
My name is NoAngelx and I'm an addict.... :rolleyes:

I LOVE DL even though I've never been there. lol'

So here is my question, I'm bringing my 2 kids to DL for Halloween this year and was wondering where near DL would be good for Trick or Treating???

Do you guys do Trick or treating in the malls in the USA?

My kids LOVE to trick or treat, But I have no idea where to take them to do so...

Thank you!!

09-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Good to have you here, NoAngelx.

I've never heard of trick-or-treating in malls.

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Really? Here in Canada our malls decorate and have parties for Halloween, They hand out candy in front of each store too...

But maybe that is because it is like -30F here at Halloween lol

So any ideas on where to Trick or Treat near DL?

Thanks!! :)

oregontraveler
09-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Are you aware of the new Halloween nights this year at DCA. I think they might be sold out, but they are doing trick or treating from 7pm to 10pm...

a hyperbole
09-30-2005, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of trick-or-treating in malls.

Really? I guess they don't to it around the country, but many if not most malls in SoCal do trick or treating.

The times I have gone as a kid, and have taken my daughter several years ago, the malls were horribly crowded, and it really wasn't all that great. WAAAYY too many people to be enjoyable.

It seems to me that the stores in DTD might be doing some sort of trick or treating. If not, I'm sure there will be a mall near the park that will be doing it.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 07:53 AM
I tried to get the DL Trick or Treat tickets but they are all sold out!

And to be perfectly honest since we are coming from such a cold climate where the kids always have to wear a snowsuit over or under their costumes (and gloves, boots, scarves) I was really hoping to find a nice outdoor area for them to trick or treat.

I know as a kid I hated the bundling up for Halloween, we could never be a fairy or princess or anything like that, we'd die of COLD! So I think the kids would LOVE trick or treating outside and NOT needing to bundle up...

But that is only IF there is a nice safe residential area to Trick or Treat near DL...

If not I guess we will go to a mall...

stan4d_steph
09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
If you're not familiar with the areas around DL, I would advise against wandering around to trick or treat.

The closest mall is The Block (http://www.theblockatorange.com/static/node848.jsp;jsessionid=aX7cFXNNicK5), which is actually an outdoor mall. You might check and see if they are having anything. Other large malls in the area are South Coast Plaza (http://www.southcoastplaza.com/) and Fashion Island (http://www.shopfashionisland.com/).

If you don't have a car, you will either have to take a cab or navigate the bus system to get to them.

a hyperbole
09-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't forget that the kids can wear their costumes to Disneyland. Even if they don't get to trick-or-treat, it sounds like wearing costumes out and about would be a great treat for them!!!

hlbtimes2
09-30-2005, 08:09 AM
You might check on the Halloween offerings at Knotts Berry Farm. They have something, I dont really know the details for it.

We tried to go to the mall ONCE for T or T. It was horrible. The lines were long at each store, and all they gave was one of the small tootsie rolls. It was not a good experience. I'll never do it again.

nightdesigns
09-30-2005, 08:20 AM
I once did the trick-or-treat thing as a kid at a mall, it sucked! Wait like 20 mintues for a single piece of candy.

If you don't mind a little driving, I can recommend the neighborhood I used to og trick-or-treating in as a kid in Garden Grove. I would always end up with at least 2 pillow cases full of candy for about 3 hours work.

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 08:24 AM
We have a rental car and I have been to Santa Monica, Hollywood, LA, & Beverly Hills before (last Oct) And I drove then too.
Heck I even went to Crenshaw lol

I'm not afraid to venture out a bit...Just looking for a nice neighbourhood to trick or treat..

Hubby says to go where the Movie Stars live maybe they will hand out dvd players and stuff..lololol

Crazy4DL
09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
We tried to go to the mall ONCE for T or T. It was horrible. The lines were long at each store, and all they gave was one of the small tootsie rolls. It was not a good experience. I'll never do it again.

We have mall trick or treating around here too. I went last year with the kids and grandkids during the afternoon, in broad daylight. :eek: UGH!!

You get in this long line that then circles past the stores where the kids get a piece of candy. The same piece of candy at most of the stores mind you. UGH!! How is that fun?

I mean, really, you have to have Jack o-Lanterns made from real pumpkins with real candles in them for it to be real trick or treating ;)

Where is the excitement and anticipation of seeing what each house is handing out. The fun of seeing how each house is decorated?

We took the kids out tricker treating in my little neighborhood in the evening and it was a blast. Totally brought back the memories of my kid's childhood and mine (though I lived on a farm so my dad had to drive us from house to house).

We had LOTS of tricker treaters come to the door too. I was totally amazed at how cute and original the costumes were! That part has improved greatly since mine were little and we got those silly little plastic pullover costumes.:rolleyes:

eta: sorry, got a bit off topic there. :p I think the kids would have tons of fun just dressing up a day in a custome and going to DL.

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 11:11 AM
My 3 yr old would love just dressing up and wandering DL But my 10 year old...Well she is another story...Ever since she was little her and I made it a game to see how many houses we could hit on Halloween and each year we try to top the last year. She loves to go door to door trick or treating...

Usually we take her brother to the mall in the afternoon to trick or treat indoors (which is actually alot of fun here in Canada, no long lines and such)
Then we go home and drop him with Daddy and her and I bundle up and hit the streets...

The FIRST thing she said when I told her we were going to be away from home for Halloween was *Awww really? But what about our halloween tradition?*

geoffa
09-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Really? Here in Canada our malls decorate and have parties for Halloween, They hand out candy in front of each store too...

But maybe that is because it is like -30F here at Halloween lol

So any ideas on where to Trick or Treat near DL?

Thanks!! :)
They certainly Trick or Treat in Fremont Street in Las Vegas because we saw loads of kids in costumes whenwe were there. But surely you want to do the park and Mickey's Not Too Scary party. You have to see the Nightmare before Christmas makeover at the Haunted House.:fez:

adriennek
09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
But surely you want to do the park and Mickey's Not Too Scary party. You have to see the Nightmare before Christmas makeover at the Haunted House.:fez:

Wrong coast ;) Mickey's Not So Scary is WDW and the OP said she couldn't get tickets to the "Mickey's Halloween Treat".

Another local Mall for Trick or Treating that's much closer than Fashion Island or South Coast Plaza is Main Place, Santa Ana. It's just down the 5 a bit.

Adrienne

Crazy4DL
09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
The FIRST thing she said when I told her we were going to be away from home for Halloween was *Awww really? But what about our halloween tradition?*

Oh, I get you. Well, hopefully you can find a safe neighborhood to trick or treat in but maybe she won't be as disappointed with missing the tradition once she is at DL having a ball.

NoAngelx
10-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks all :)