PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat outside DL [Close to Candy Cane]

mollie1
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
thank you to all who replied to my question, I should have said where we were staying, at the candy cane inn, so is anything close to there, they all sound great, is the la palma pie shop anywhere we could walk to??? we wont have a car so have to walk . thanks

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Across the street, there is a strip mall, it has a Subway, and a Chinese place (Similar to Panda Express).

A new IHOP is just south of Katella on the other side of Harbor (next to the Radisson).

The Desert Palms hotel has a Quizno's (just around the corner). This might be the cheapest option, with the $2.99 sandwich of the month.

markarkaymat
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Across the street, right before the Howard Johnson is Mimi's Cafe. I unfortunately only had the opportunity to eat 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner there but loved them all. For dinner we had meatloaf (which was a tad too salty) and the BBQ chopped chicken salad which was mighty big and tasty (but if we had asked for no cilantro it would have been perfect). For breakfast my DD (15 mos) had mimi mouse pancakes which came with warm milk and fresh fruit for only $3.99. We enjoyed our meals which were rather large portioned for us. If the kids can manage the long block walk, I suggest Mimi's.

mollie1
09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Trying to write down all the advice I am getting here to make our trip a sucess, Is the La Palma chicken Pie Shop within walking distance from the candy cane? Have read really good reviews about this place. There will be 9 of us so looking for the best places to eat that are good and wont cost an arm and a leg! I have written down all the other ideas, but could use somemore, thanks to all of you!!!! leaving in a couple days.

09-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Moderator's note: Threads merged.

Darkbeer
09-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Trying to write down all the advice I am getting here to make our trip a sucess, Is the La Palma chicken Pie Shop within walking distance from the candy cane? Have read really good reviews about this place. There will be 9 of us so looking for the best places to eat that are good and wont cost an arm and a leg! I have written down all the other ideas, but could use somemore, thanks to all of you!!!! leaving in a couple days.

No, you will need to drive ( it is a few miles away).... but I have eaten there, and it is GOOD!!!!:fez:

Stupid_American
09-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Around the corner, and east on Katella about 3 lights, there's Marri's.
They do great pizzas.

Vegitabeta
09-30-2005, 12:20 PM
What about Captain Kidd's? I've never been, but I've heard that it's good stuff there, and not too expensive.