PDA

View Full Version : Last minute help!

mollie1
09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Is it possible to get a spot for 9 of us to see fantasmic?? Friday night is our last night there and we really want to see the show, it is our one and only chance, so how long do I have to go to reserve a spot for all of us? and where would the best place be . how can I keep a spot for all of us. I would like to wind up our trip with a really good experience , not a bad one so any advice I can get will be appreciated. thanks.

bassett1976
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
If you want the front and center (or close) spot you'll need to be at the Rivers of America a number of hours before. I've seen people line up by 5 pm for their spot. If your willing to sit toward the back then I would recommend going to the late show (if they have two or more shows) and you can sit back and watch it from the back with only waiting 30 minutes.

My wife and I have walked up to watch part of the second show a few times and have been able to see alright.

nursemelis374
09-29-2005, 09:28 PM
I believe there is only one show tomorrow night at 9. I also would agree that if you want to guarantee a spot for 9 people you should line up at least 2 hours in advance. Try switching off to make the time pass!

THpoohbear
09-29-2005, 11:28 PM
One trick that has worked is to bring a lightweight blanket with you that can fit all 9 of you comfortably on it. One or two people can hold down the blanket to reserve the space while the others can grab dinner or ride stuff. Let me put in the disclaimer here: I do not advise laying the blanket down and leaving it altogether. At least one person should stick around. Since there is so many of you, it'd be best to have two or three.

I hope that helps! I hope you get to see the show! :D

geoffa
09-30-2005, 02:33 AM
One trick that has worked is to bring a lightweight blanket with you that can fit all 9 of you comfortably on it. One or two people can hold down the blanket to reserve the space while the others can grab dinner or ride stuff. Let me put in the disclaimer here: I do not advise laying the blanket down and leaving it altogether. At least one person should stick around. Since there is so many of you, it'd be best to have two or three.

I hope that helps! I hope you get to see the show! :D

If you do lay a blanket but don't stay with it. It will be moved - usually by over vigilant CMs. Do what was suggested above. Take it in turns to sit on the blanket - allocate a time slot to each person (or an adult and a kid). Stick to the timings - then everyone gets abreak - otherwise just chill on the blanket. Maybe a good time to have a picnic meal? :fez:
Have never understood why some sort of tiered seating (which can be put in place and removed easily) can't be arranged for this and daily parades. At Paris they have a raised platform/ piazza area near the "Hundred Acre" theatre where you can get above to watch the parades. Admittedly it is set back but if you are an adult and :fez: have a video with zoom.......one good spot we found was the bridge walkway above POTC

JookyG
09-30-2005, 09:33 AM
You should never leave an unattended blanket as a "place-holder." It's just plain rude, it's probably against official park policy, and I encourage anyone who encounters one to move it out of the way.

jennyren
09-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Two Weeks ago on a sunday night me and two of my friends managed to save spots for 10 people before fantasmic...We got there at around 6:30 and just spread out while the others saw the parade. (We ended up sitting about 3 rows back from teh water)Then when the parade was over they waited with us. The blanket is a great idea and would probably make everything much easier. Also bring some cards...Oh another piece of advice...When you choose your spot, there are some places that sit in front of the vents that blow out the air from POTC(I'm assuming). AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS!! We froze because we chose our seat in front of it and it took a while for people to come behind us and block the wind...Either way Have fun and enjoy Fantasmic! It's awesome! :D