PDA

View Full Version : Help planning a trip

celinas mommy
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I am trying to plan a trip to DLR on Dec 7-Dec 11th.

There will be 3 people in the group, myself, my daughter and my mom.

We will arrive on Wednesday Dec 7th in the afternoon (driving from Arizona)

We have 3 day passes that we planned on using on Thurs, Fri, Sat. We will be leaving DLR on Sunday Dec 11th.

Need your guys thoughts and suggestions. We want to do Rainforest Cafe for dinner, Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast and possibly Ariels Grotto.

Do you have any advice on which days to do what and which park on which days.

TIA for any information...

mckygirl99
09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
I would say try to go to DL on Thursday and Friday and DCA on Saturday. That way you'll try to avoid alot of crowds, you'll be able to see the fireworks and Fantasmic on Friday. Since DCA closes earlier, you'll have time to wrap up your shopping early and get a good night's sleep before the long drive home on Sunday.

Have a good time!

snoopyfan
09-30-2005, 03:44 AM
I'm not as much of an expert as others, but make any restaurant reservations for the earliest time you can. Its a lot less crowded and you don't wait as long. I also think the character interaction is better. Obviously, get there before the park opens each day. The fireworks are a must and I agree you should plan to see those on Friday. Good luck!

JookyG
09-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Rumor has it that the fireworks will be running daily after November 11 through the first if the year (the park calendar confirms this through the end of November--December show times haven't been posted yet), so you should definitely plan on viewing them on Thursday, when it's less crowded. More people will be coming into the park Fri and Sat evening just for the fireworks.

Likewise, Fantasmic! won't show on Thursday, so you'll have to see it Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing Friday would be marginally better. I'm not sure about the parades--I always use that time to hit e-ticket rides.

Since you're hitting the park on week days, before most schools out for the holiday break (an excellent time to visit DLR, by the way), you shouldn't need to worry about weekday crowds much, at least until Friday afternoon, but always make sure to maximize your Fast Passes!

celinas mommy
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all of the advice.. I am hoping that is not going to be too crowded.