PDA

View Full Version : How long to SNA by car?

chickyb
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

My sister and I are flying down to Disneyland on Saturday! We are flying into SNA. We'll be renting a car and driving to the hotel (DLH! but don't tell my sister, she thinks we are staying at the Park Vue Inn), and will return to SNA on Tuesday afternoon or evening. Our flight leaves at 8:05pm, so I guess we'd better be at the airport by around 6:45pm or so. What time should we leave the resort in order to make it to the airport (and have time to return the car) for our flight? It's a Tuesday, so I am guess there will be some rush-hour traffic? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. We want to spend as much time in the park as possible on Tuesday, but don't want to miss the flight!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Hakuna Makarla
09-29-2005, 04:36 PM
its always best to be at the airport at least 1 to 2 hours early.

adriennek
09-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Our flight leaves at 8:05pm, so I guess we'd better be at the airport by around 6:45pm or so. What time should we leave the resort in order to make it to the airport (and have time to return the car) for our flight?

If you leave at 6:00 you should have enough time. It would probably be a 20 minute drive with no traffic. 6:00 gives you double that. I'm a bit worry wart when it comes to travel time involving airports so I personally would probably leave at 5:45 and not worry about being early. But that's my personal issue.

Adrienne

The Lovely Mrs. tod
09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
I believe you were asking about drive time, not airport arrival time, right? Mileagewise the resort isn't that far from SNA, if you're leaving early enough it shouldn't take you more than 15-20 mins...I'd allow a half hour, just to be on the safe side.

-TLMt

Mermaid
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I just drove this last weekend and it took about 15 minutes. This was a Saturday afternoon so there was no traffic. I would at least double this to be safe. Make sure you allow for at least 15 minutes to return the rental car!! I'm with Adrienne, I have a fear of missing my plane so I am always early but 6PM should give you enough time, espacially if you don't have luggaga and can check in on the Net or with the ATM thingy!

disneyhound
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
The Key is definately TRAFFIC! You can make it in 15 minutes, but rush-hour time is crazy...

chickyb
09-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone, looks like I'll give it at least an hour or a bit more, just to be safe. I can always find something to occupy me at an airport.

;)