PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Tarzan266
09-29-2005, 03:03 PM
OK guys, I need some advice. I have been to Disney World numerous times and consider myself well-knowledged on the place. But I am planning on taking my first trip to Disneyland next year for their 51st Anniversary (July 16-19). I've been looking on their website to get an idea on prices. I was wondering what would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do: A. Pay for a ticket and hotel packet together or B. Pay seperately for both and order my tickets online? If I pay for the packet it seems to be more than if I pay for the hotel and tickets seperately. My question is, what is the point of getting the packet if you can save money getting them seperate? Am I missing something here? Please let me know and any other tips you may have for my first trip to the original Magic Kingdom. Thanks guys.

Hakuna Makarla
09-29-2005, 03:18 PM
pay for it all seperate. those packages can some times be decieving. get everything you can during promotions, and try all the on line places to get plane ticket cheap. Motels have great pricing off and on thru expedia etc. I would buy seperate and you will save lots of money.

PennyLane
09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I almost always use Get Away Today (http://www.getawaytoday.com) for my hotel. Their rates are good, especially if you take advantage of their free night specials. I believe their prices on parkhoppers are cheaper too.
Good luck! :D

SeattleRedBear
09-29-2005, 03:28 PM
One advantage of a package is convenience. You provide the travel agent with all the information and they do all the work (so that you're not the one on the phone trying to get one of 20 Fantasmic balcony dessert buffet seats). Another is that sometimes there's an additional benefit that may only come with a package (AAA's unlimited fast pass comes to mind). Bottom line is if you want to save some money...do it yourself!

Or another option (which was stated on a different thread) was, you put it together and then take it to a travel agent and ask "Can you do this cheaper or can you add really neat stuff to this?" That way, at least the TA has an opportunity to make a living. Just a thought.

hlbtimes2
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
If you book on line with WDT they usually throw in some little extras. They are not usually huge in $$, but nice to have. For example we got tickets to Mickey's toon town madness, lugage tags, a certificate that we "came home" for the 50th, ESPN game cards, a coupon book, priority seating passes for shows, and one of the park maps they gave out on July 7th this year. You can also use vacation planning to make meal reservations and such.

I had priced the trip through expedia, and a couple other places. They were all with in $50 (total, for the 4 of us). It wasnt worth the savings. I like the convience of booking everything at once. I also like being able to make payments on the trip, rather then paying it all up front.

Crazy4DL
09-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I had priced the trip through expedia, and a couple other places. They were all with in $50 (total, for the 4 of us). It wasnt worth the savings. I like the convience of booking everything at once. I also like being able to make payments on the trip, rather then paying it all up front.

I with you on this one, Linda.

disneyhound
09-29-2005, 05:32 PM
We usually book our airfare and hotel together. We fly out of a small airport only served by one airline and just prop planes. But we have had good luck with expedia.com, and I booked with them about three weeks ago. The further away from your travel date the better on prices, at least that has been my experience! I usually purchase my tickets from Disney on-line, but right now the best deal is from getawaytoday.com! ;)