PDA

View Full Version : AAA Park Hoppers

SeattleRedBear
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Just thought I would share this with the board. We're going to DLR over Halloween weekend. Like many MPers, we found it was cheaper to purchase the pieces (tickets, hotel, car) separately rather than use DL or AAA trip services (plus I wanted to stay at the HoJo's and it was cheaper to reserve on their website then go through the Good Neighbors program).

However, I was having a bit of a problem with deciding where to purchase the park hoppers. If I wanted just the straight park hopper (the same as available directly from Disney) it would be available from ARES travel for $5 off (+ s/h made it $4 savings per ticket). But then I started calling my local AAA offices and got different stories about what they sold. One said it was just admission, no parking. One said it was admission & parking, but no other benefit. Another said it included admission, parking, diamond parking but nothing else. So do I go for the $10 ESPNZone gamecard & early entry or do I go for the free parking?

Turns out I didn't need to make that choice. When I went into one of my local AAA offices to purchase the tickets, it turns out that (in tiny print) the ticket states it is also good for the $10 gamecard, early entry *and* free parking. When I asked the AAA rep to read off their fact sheet (which is what a rep will typically do when you inquire about the ticket), it only mentioned the free parking benefit.

So just a word of advice. Have a AAA rep actually look at the ticket and tell you what is included if you're purchasing tickets from them. Again, this is only if you are buying park hoppers, *not* a AAA package. There are additional benefits (primarily unlimited fast pass) if you purchase a AAA package.

coronado_g
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Or you can get all the info beforehand right here at Mouse Planet, then go to AAA armed with that knowledge of what exactly is included in the AAA package. :D

going2disneyAZ
09-30-2005, 05:41 AM
Just thought I would share this with the board. We're going to DLR over Halloween weekend. Like many MPers, we found it was cheaper to purchase the pieces (tickets, hotel, car) separately rather than use DL or AAA trip services (plus I wanted to stay at the HoJo's and it was cheaper to reserve on their website then go through the Good Neighbors program).

However, I was having a bit of a problem with deciding where to purchase the park hoppers. If I wanted just the straight park hopper (the same as available directly from Disney) it would be available from ARES travel for $5 off (+ s/h made it $4 savings per ticket). But then I started calling my local AAA offices and got different stories about what they sold. One said it was just admission, no parking. One said it was admission & parking, but no other benefit. Another said it included admission, parking, diamond parking but nothing else. So do I go for the $10 ESPNZone gamecard & early entry or do I go for the free parking?

Turns out I didn't need to make that choice. When I went into one of my local AAA offices to purchase the tickets, it turns out that (in tiny print) the ticket states it is also good for the $10 gamecard, early entry *and* free parking. When I asked the AAA rep to read off their fact sheet (which is what a rep will typically do when you inquire about the ticket), it only mentioned the free parking benefit.

So just a word of advice. Have a AAA rep actually look at the ticket and tell you what is included if you're purchasing tickets from them. Again, this is only if you are buying park hoppers, *not* a AAA package. There are additional benefits (primarily unlimited fast pass) if you purchase a AAA package.

My understanding is the 5 day park hopper has ALL the benefits you are describing, but the 2 day has only hte parking. Not sur about anything in between.

The Enhanced (unlimited) FastPass is only for packages that include hotel ON SITE,good neighbor packages do not include this.