PDA

View Full Version : Annual pass renewal

Pages : [1] 2

Nancy
09-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Should I pannick yet???? We haven't received our renewal forms for our AP's yet and they expire the first of Nov. As we were planning to go in Nov. should I worry yet or could they just be late in arriving? I was hopping to get this all completed by snail mail and not have to deal with it at the park in Nov. Suggestions????? :confused:

Darkbeer
09-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Usually they are mailed about twice a month, so you should be getting your renewal in the next week or two...

No reason to panic.

Mickey
09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Should I pannick yet???? We haven't received our renewal forms for our AP's yet and they expire the first of Nov. As we were planning to go in Nov. should I worry yet or could they just be late in arriving? I was hopping to get this all completed by snail mail and not have to deal with it at the park in Nov. Suggestions????? :confused:

It's better of if you buy them at the park personally.
Me and a friend didin't have a good experience by mail. You can find the posts in mouseplanet called : A bad
story with my annual pass, and there is "Another" bad story. That is my recomendation :cool:
I don't even get my calendars that often. I have just got one and been an AP for a year or so.

PennyLane
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I received my renewal, sent it out, and had my new pass in hand in 2 weeks. In fact, I had my new pass two days before my check cleared my bank! Each year I am surprised at how quickly I get my new pass. I don't think you need to worry yet! :)

Nancy
09-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Thank you all, I feel better. I'll wait until next week to stress out!!! :)

Disneyland Fan
09-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Renewed by mail three times now. I've always gotten my new AP before my current one expired. No need to worry. Disney wants you to be able to come to the park so they can drain all the $$$ they can out of you :D

~Disneyland Fan~

GeminiAngel
10-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Can an out of stater get one? We would visit more if we had one.

Nancy
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Can an out of stater get one? We would visit more if we had one.

Anyone can get one depending on the type you want. The So Cals now need a proof of residency w/ the proper zipcode. :)

GeminiAngel
10-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Anyone can get one depending on the type you want. The So Cals now need a proof of residency w/ the proper zipcode. :)
:D :D :D
I'll be there in Feb. You bet I'll be checkin into that!!! :fez: :fez:

Leash81
11-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know what the discount is if you renew a premium pass, is it $20?

Darkbeer
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know what the discount is if you renew a premium pass, is it $20?

Yes, the current renewal discount for Premium and Deluxe AP's is $20

Both types of SoCal AP's do not get any type of discount if they renew.
(But they are eligible for the renewal discount if they upgrade to a Deluxe or Premium)

DopeyWife
11-10-2005, 08:18 AM
On the renewal letter, it says you can only get the special Tinkerbell pass by renewing through the mail. Does anyone know if you can also get it by renewing online??

Darkbeer
11-10-2005, 08:22 AM
On the renewal letter, it says you can only get the special Tinkerbell pass by renewing through the mail. Does anyone know if you can also get it by renewing online??

Yes, you have two choices when you renew.. "Regular" or "Special"...

Regular is the basic 50th castle logo AP

Special is the Tinkerbell AP

They show photos of both in the Online Renewal Page.

DopeyWife
11-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks Darkbeer!

Nancy
05-09-2006, 06:27 AM
How soon is too soon to renew an AP? I have a bit of extra $$ now and may not in 5 months. Help please.

Darkbeer
05-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Disneyland allows renewals up to 30 days in advance of the expiration date.

Maybe buy some Disney Dollars and place it in a safe place until you can renew.....

Nancy
05-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Disneyland allows renewals up to 30 days in advance of the expiration date.

Maybe buy some Disney Dollars and place it in a safe place until you can renew.....

Good idea..... I will.
Thank you!!!!

Stitch Lover
05-09-2006, 09:29 AM
hello. i am thinking about getting a AP. my question is; lets say i buy a AP on May 10th 2006. will it expire a year from that date or does it expire the end of this year?(Dec. 31st 2006)

lauramaynot
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
AP's expire 1 year from the date of their first use. Not the day you buy them so if you bought them on may 10 but don't use them till may 20 they wont expire till may 20

Darkbeer
05-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Note, Disneyland only sells Annual Passes (AP), which is good for 365 days from the day of first use.

Soem parks, like Six Flags only offers a Season Pass. Season Passes usually expire at the end of the year, they are currently selling the 2006 Season Pass (SP).

Some parks, loike Universal and SeaWorld have both SP's and AP's, their cheapest version, about the same price as a one-day admission is an SP, but then they also sell AP's at a higher cost, so be careful and check what you are getting from Theme Parks.

For example, Cedar Fair, L.P. sells SP's at most of their parks, mainly since they operate on a seasonal basis. But at their Year Round Park, Knott's, they sell AP's to the theme park. And to make things more confusing, they sell SP's to their water parks (Knott's Soak City).

Stitch Lover
05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
great! i will be getting one then. not sure when though. when i have some extra money.....thank you lauramaynot for letting me know:) also, thank you darkbeer. didn't know that about the other themeparks. i will only be getting an AP for Disneyland though.....i haven't been to a six flags in years.....

Stitch Lover
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
okay, another question came up. my mom was wondering if lets say we buy a AP May 20th. but we don't use it till lets say Dec. 3rd. Does the AP expire Dec. 3rd 2007? or Can we even wait that long after buying the AP to use it?

cstephens
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
okay, another question came up. my mom was wondering if lets say we buy a AP May 20th. but we don't use it till lets say Dec. 3rd. Does the AP expire Dec. 3rd 2007? or Can we even wait that long after buying the AP to use it?

Unless policy has changed, I recall that APs must be activated within 3 months after their purchase date. After that time, the AP can still be activated, but any interim price increase would be in effect, and you'd have to pay the difference before you activate.

Why would you buy an AP and then not use it for 7 months?

Stitch Lover
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
thank you cstephens for answering my question so quick. we wouldn't wait that long to use it....i just use that date as an example. that would be dumb to buy a pass and not use it for that long!:)

sunfun94
05-10-2006, 10:09 AM
AP's expire 1 year from the date of their first use. Not the day you buy them so if you bought them on may 10 but don't use them till may 20 they wont expire till may 20

We purchased our passes at the park and were not able to use them that day becuase our DD was blocked out ( my DH had purchased as a surprise for us) ... NOTE: niether of us went into the park that day... a week and a half later we received new AP's with the date that my DH had purchased ours on .. they had automatically used the date of purchase for our expiration date for our new AP's... we were like what??!!, with our AP vouchers in hand I went to DLR and talked to the reps.. they were very kind about it and said that when we were ready to use the vouchers to bring the AP's sent to us and the vouchers to the Guest relations window by DL and they would re-issue the pass with that new date on it.
Apparently what had happened was the CM at the window had marked down that we were renewing our passes but had not told my DH that we had to go to the GR window at DCA to pick up the passes that day. Though I would have still fought this since we didnt go that day anyway. I didnt even know that they would do this!